Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 38: Make It Last

Jack’s POV:

I was more than surprised when the coffee haired boy beside me blurted out the news. Which was pretty darn big to be honest. But it made me think, a lot about the future. I mean was he ready for this? Does he realise how demanding life on the road is? Seriously it’s not all naked dance parties and dick jokes like everyone thinks it is. Its long hours, little sleep, constant travel, hours of sound-check, meet and greets and a scarce amount of showers. Not to mention the obvious physically demanding aspect of it all. Sure Alex was discharged from hospital ages ago but it doesn’t stop me worrying about his health.

If he ever blacks out on stage again I think I might have a nervous breakdown myself. Although taking all this into consideration being on tour is one of the best experiences anyone could ask for. Making new friends, connecting with the fans and just the general atmosphere at every concert is something that can’t be missed. It’s incredible. Why should I be the person to take that away from him? Besides if it means I can be with him and all my friends doing what we love, I would be crazy to say no.

“Are you sure about this Alex? I mean you know it’s going to be tough right?” He looked completely sure of his decision as he played idly with his hair.

“Yeah I know, but it’s something I really want to do. I want to remember what it’s like to sing in front of crowds of fans. To feel close to each and every one of them. Although most of all, to be a band again and to travel around the world. That’s my dream Jack.” I felt his fingers interlink with my own a sigh tumbling from his lips.

“And I don’t want it to slip between my fingers, I’ve already lost enough.” The sunlight was now peeking through the leaves shining on the both us with subtle warmth. Squeezing his fingers lightly I smiled

“Hey, the past is the past. We both still have our friends, our fans and more importantly each other.” The lightness in hazel brown eyes seemed to glitter in the sun and from my words. While he snuggled up closer I continued my little speech.

“Trust me we’re not going to lose out on any more time together. So let’s make the most of it.” Each and every word was heavy with feeling because it was true. I had wasted so much time on doubting whether or not I should take our friendship to a relationship, I was ready to spend the rest of it with him. Looking back on it now it’s ridiculous that I got so worked up about my feelings for Alex. I guess it’s just taught me to be honest with the people I’m closest with; it will only lead to worse things if I keep it from them.

Our sentimental talk really seemed to get the best of us both as we sat there, drinking in the setting of the sun and the mutual content that was all around us. I know I’m being quite sentimental about this but it was moments like these that you can’t get back. And I wanted this to last as long as possible.

He had the same idea too leaning his head on my shoulder, his thumb rubbing soft circles into my hand. However eventually I knew it was going to be cut short somehow. When my phone vibrated furiously in my pocket it didn’t come as much of a surprise. I managed to fish the device out of my pocket before glancing over the recent text message.

‘Sup dude?
Matt and the crew are at my place for the Ravens game.
Are you and Alex in?
Rian x


Mentally I slapped myself, how could I forget that the Ravens were playing today! The main thought though that ran through my mind was this golden opportunity. Maybe if Alex felt confident enough we could tell the rest of the guys about our relationship, it’s only fair seeing as we’ve told practically everyone else.

Also Alex could tell Matt about the whole decision about the GK tour. I was brought out of my mind debate as Alex piped up.

“What’s the Ravens game?” I couldn’t help but chuckle he was so sweet when he was confused, that frown just adding to that fact.

“Its American football, trust me you will love it.” He blushed lightly in realisation hiding a little behind his fringe.

“Lex, do you think you’re ready to tell the guys about, you know, you and me?” It was clear I was nervous, judging by his face so was he.

“Even though I’m scared, I think we should get it out in the open, but who’s going to break the news to them?” As Alex replied I quickly typed up a response to Rian saying that we would be there and sent the text. I grinned pecking his cheek lightly and shrugged.

“We can do it together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes it's been awhile
With good reason!
I have had two language writing exams so Ive been revising like crazy but hey my Mocks came back and I'm pretty damn happy :)
Don't worry though guys because I break up on friday for Crimbo so updates will be a lot quicker I promise
My beloved commenters are: All.Your.Hate, FrEaK_oF_lIFe, Lotte_music, LipstikLullabies, Mentos and diet Coke and Heaven Help Us you guys are awesome! Christmas hugs for you all!
By the way I hate to shamelessly pimp my other story (I'm Never Changing) but I would really appreciate some more readers there ;)
And don't feel like this is the end, as I have more Jalex stories in the pipeline so stay tuned xXx