Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 42: We Were So Tired, Yet So Alive

Alex’s POV:

It was only when both Jack and I were sat on my couch in the living room when everything started to sink in. Thousands of kids have bought tickets to see us perform over at least 10 states. The sheer magnitude of the whole thing suddenly weighed greatly upon our shoulders. The past three days have been brutal, mainly constant practice for 10 hours each time.

Some of the time was spent on our setlist, the general look of the stage and which guitar to use. However the bulk of things have been focused on the songs. Going over each individual song, playing it into oblivion. I swear I can still feel the bitter ache in my fingers from the constant chord progressions. Thankfully I had most of it down, it was just the small things that got to me. Even if it was the smallest mess up lyrically or musically it would end in a few choice cusses and frustration. I was glad Jack was the there to give the reassurance I needed. If he wasn’t there I would still be obsessing over all the stupid mistakes.

Although it was simply part of my nature to want to perfect everything, wanting to please people so badly. It was one of my big downfalls. After the sweat, the frustration and the anxiety I was finally confident in my ability to get back up and start over again, ready to get out there and do what I’ve dreamt about for so long. The only thing that was in my way was myself.

“Lex? The tour bus is here.” Blinking away my subconscious daydreaming the raven haired boy stared at me in amusement. Well it was hard not to drift of when its only 4 in the morning. We have to set off early today so we would get to the venue in time and set everything up. It was easy to tell both of us are not morning people. Looking towards the window my heart stopped a little at the sight, the grand looking all black vehicle stood proudly outside my parents house.

We weren’t the only ones awake though, my mum and dad insisted on seeing us both off when everyone arrived. It was at that point I got that feeling. Everyone I swear has felt it at least one time in their lives. Like when a kid goes to summer camp for the first time and they have to be separated from their family. Leaving your loved ones behind for the first time is a powerful and scary feeling and seeing as this is the first time I am properly by myself its even stronger. Getting up shakily I felt Jacks arm wrap tightly around my waist watching me intently.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” he asked softly a sense of apprehension set deep in his demeanour. Honestly I wasn’t too sure myself but my ambition was a lot stronger than my fear.

“I hope I am, there’s no looking back now.” I smiled as both my parents walked into the living room, bleary eyed from the recent sleep. I immediately ran into my mother’s arms feeling exactly like a scared little 10 year old all over again. God I was going to miss this, miss the haven that this house provided me. As soon as I walk out of that door it’s just Jack and I dodging the prying eyes of the world alone, without the protection of family.

“Mmm gunna miss you mum.” I mumbled against her shoulder never wanting to let go.

“I’ll miss you too honey, I know you’re going to do amazing.” Pulling away she gently pushed my fringe behind my ear, a matching pair of caramel eyes meeting mine for a final glance.

“We’ll always be here for you.” Whispering with a slight brake hidden in her voice she turned her maternal gaze to the boy beside me.

“You too Jack, you’re always family to me. Now c’mere.” She joked pulling him in also for a hug, trying to lighten the mood that clung to us ruthlessly. Even my dad had the same sheen of unshed tears, all of us exchanging our last goodbyes. Exhaling loudly and tugging at my hair I slowly followed everyone out into the hallway where our luggage was lurking. I wanted to stay a little longer but it wasn’t fair on Matt who was probably stressing out enough already.

“I’ll call you I promise.” I croaked finally managing to heave the charcoal suitcase behind me. Damn maybe Jack was right about the whole T-shirt thing.

“We’ll hold you to that.” Dad grinned knowing all too well of the forgetful streak I had in me, opening the door silently. Slowly we walked into the balmy Baltimore air the stars hanging brightly above us. Yet when I felt a familiar hand interlink with mine I knew I was lucky enough to bring a little bit of home with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh they finally embark on their big adventure :)
And this story has reached 500 readers :O :O :O
Honestly I NEVER thought my stories would be so popular, so a huge thanks goes out there to everyone one of you who have taken the time to read this.
And obviously more love goes out to my epic commenters: LuBearr; Just.A.Kid, Diet coke and Mentos and LipstikLullabies.
Thankfully my exams are done until March methinks so more updates soon! xXx