Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 44: Lost In The Stereo's Sound

Alex’s POV:

It took at least 15 more minutes to convince the stony faced manager to even consider the thought of me continuing. Sure I knew why he was worried about it but I didn’t get this far to quit right now. Besides I have all the support I need to get back on the stage. Although Jack being the overprotective boyfriend he is insisted on chaperoning me practically everywhere. I didn’t really mind as he was the one I needed the most during this time.

Thankfully by the time all the techies were frantically running on and off stage I managed to get a moment to myself amidst the madness. As the steady pulse of claps and screams seeped into my eardrums my eyes darted behind the scarlet curtain. The sheer mass of people packed together, swaying, jumping, pushing their way forward added to the backbeat of excitement.

It was most definitely there, the air of anticipation was literally palpable at this point. Even the simplest of smiles that painted each of their faces reinforced this fact. Just to feel the electricity that was bouncing around every part of the venue building in waves humbled me. Although the time to savour these moments were slowly fading, and so were the bright lights onstage, amplifying the tension tenfold.

With shaking fingers I grasped my trusted green electric slinging it over my shoulder in one fluid motion. It was strange to feel a sense of nostalgia as my fingers ghosted over the metallic strings. Yet it served as a comfort to know I felt at home again, it was where I belonged. The pressure on the small of my back was a tell tale sign of Jack watching over me, nervous but eager at the same time to get out there again.

I tilted my head back slightly, smiling at the grin that settled upon his lips. I wasn’t the only one who was excited to finally get reacquainted with the rush that came with performing. His dark irises skipped fleetingly over my features before leaning down pressing our lips together for one last kiss. It wasn’t drawn out but all the emotions that were building inside of us spilled out in that one moment. And it was incredible. Slowly parting ways he sighed biting his lip in anxiety.

“Ready?” He managed to yell over the staccato rhythms of Rians drum set, feeling it beat sharply in the cavity of my chest. Nodding in an attempt to steady the endorphins that were racing through my system I watched as the stage cleared ready for us to grace it. The darkness managed to conceal us until the bridge was finished yet it simply sent the atmosphere into overdrive. I could sense that the last beat was coming up and the blinding flashes of strobe lights beckoned it closer. And then the stage lit up, thousands of cameras flashing at once as the stage was completely illuminated.

At first I was absorbed with making sure I hit every chord progression with precision before taking my first tentative glance to our audience. It was one I will never forget. Also it made a grin that hung there for the entirety of the show. Feeling my confidence grow like the bustle of the crowd I stepped up to the microphone. Lost In Stereo was our opener and the crowd ate it up like it was the last supper.

Surprisingly it went pretty smoothly I only skipped a note when Jack was making some pretty suggestive gestures beside me. He obviously laughed when he noticed so I got him back by kicking his microphone stand down and running away completely amused by his expression. Serves him right the fucker, I could really do without getting horny onstage seeing as it’s our first show back.

After that the set seemed to float easily along song by song. Mindless cussing and drunk stories passed the time between switching out guitars. As well as the occasional bra being thrown onstage, which was a little awkward seeing as I didn’t really see girls like that anymore. But it was interesting to see the slight jealousy flashing across Jacks eyes. It was subtle yet I could still see it. In the middle of Jasey Rae Zack was jumping around the stage and I decided to tease the crowd a little more. Moving towards the edge of the stage I smiled as I leant over the various bodyguards, determined to reach out to my fans, literally. That’s when reality kicked in again when I saw their reactions.

The shine in their eyes, the frantic hands that reached out from the masses and the pure desperation just to get that much closer. It was weird to see people look up to you as if I was some kind of an idol. I was simply an average guy playing music with his friends and doing what we love. Soon time lapsed into one sweaty energetic blur until the song I was most nervous about grew close.

While a few people set up a single stool in the middle of the stage the rest of the band exited the stage, all giving me the same reassuring glances. They all knew I was scared about singing Remembering Sunday mainly because of the fact that all eyes will be on me. Also its pretty personal so there’s always a risk that halfway through it I was going to have a flashback. Even with all that against me I sauntered over to the seat holding my polished acoustic tightly. My now drenched GK tee clung to my chest as I clutched my plectrum with tenacity.

Most fans out there knew when it was only me here that things were going to slow down for awhile. Although they embraced it with open arms. In my head I had everything planned out because there was an added reason why I was so apprehensive about this.

“Okay guys who wants to hear Remembering Sunday?” The uproar of the audience uplifted my nerves and gave me something to smile about.

“Well I think you all know this song is very close to me, however I feel like doing something a bit different.” Strumming lightly at the strings to test the acoustics the feelings welled up inside me once again.

“We all have our struggles and I just recently got through one of my own, yet I don’t think I could’ve done this without you guys.” The cheers and screams got louder the overwhelming support from each of them was adding to the tightening in my gut.

“This is my thanks to all of you.” Taking a quick glance to my left I could see all of my fellow band mates following suit clapping me along with the fans. Obviously one guy was sticking out the most and it was then I needed to get this out before I broke down.

“But there is one special person I want to dedicate this to, without him I wouldn’t be here.” Both of us shared a look that I doubt I would ever forget whilst the fans knew exactly who I was on about.

“So Jack this one’s for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Thats how I imagined them onstage in this chapter :L
They are so damn adorable for their own good
Sorry about the wait, I've been pretty ill for the past week or so :(
But I have made this extra long for all of you :)
Gorgeous commenters are: limexpopsicle, CoolNerd; ; LittlePixieResa, IntentToStartAFire, LipstikLullabies, Just.A.Kid and FrEaK_oF_lIFe this chapter is dedciated to you XD
Oh and heres a pic for all of you because I think everyone deserves a horny Jack ;)
Enjoy! xXx

Image