Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 48: You're Shameless

Alex’s POV:

It was strange to think that I’ve already been away from home for a several weeks, time seems to pass so fast on the road. The phone call served as a reminder of the fact and prompted me to make the most of each moment I have here. So I quickly retreated back to my bunk wanting to reserve a little privacy between me and my family.

With each press of the buttons I felt a little bit guiltier knowing that I haven’t kept in contact with my parents like I should have. Hopefully they understand the hustle of tour life doesn’t really leave time for much regarding our home life. A familiar dial tone droned in my ear drowning out all the noise of the guys around me. Yet it was soon ended with a simple greeting that made me smile.

“Hello?” Even the thick English accented words were a comfort to me as I settled back on to the mattress.

“Hey Dad, it’s me.” My own voice took on the form of my fathers, my accent always slid into more formal tones whenever I talked to my family.

“It’s good to finally talk to you Alex, how’s the tour?” I could practically imagine him now sat in his favourite armchair by the window, newspaper settled in his lap. Those small memories made him feel that much further away from me.

“It’s amazing, I haven’t stopped once since the start of it. But you should see it, the shows are insane.” My fingers toyed with a lose hem of the red curtain fabric whilst he chuckled on the other end of the line.

“Well I need to talk to you about something.” The mood took a slightly different direction, edging into curiosity. I sat up suddenly focusing all my attention on his voice.

“Is something wrong?” He was quick to reassure.

“No, no. It’s just Dr Berton wants you to come back to the hospital, they need to check on your progress and take a few scans.” Well it has most certainly been a long time since the accident and the last time my injuries were looked at. Perhaps I had finally overcome this retrograde amnesia, but who knows? It’s better to look on the positive side of the situation than the negative.

“Oh right, does Matt know about this?” I questioned glancing over to the tour manager behind the curtain.

“Yes, he said he’s going to try and schedule you some time when you come back to Maryland for a local gig.” Oh Matt, he doesn’t miss anything, no wonder he’s our manager.

"Sounds good to me, is mum okay?” If you listened closely enough you could almost hear the soft hum of the hover in the background, she never stops I swear.

“Yeah she’s managing, she misses you though.” A tight pang of regret twisted in my stomach, they really deserve more from me than one phone call. Meanwhile I heard a muffled conversation through the speakers before another voice spoke to me.

“Alex! Where the hell have you been?” She sounded exasperated, with good reason to be.

“Sorry mum, I’ve just been so busy with everything. I promise I’ll call a lot more than I have been.” She noted the sincerity in my voice before answering.

“I hope so, how’s Jack doing?” Typical mum, always involved with my love life. Whether I wanted her to be or not. Speak of the devil, Jack strode down to the lounge brandishing a spoon and yelling profanities for no reason. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Yeah he’s doing fine, same old Jack.” If she only knew what he was doing now she would be in hysterics.

“I’m glad. Right I have to go, your cousins are coming round for tea so I have a lot to do.” It was hard to ignore the slight bitterness I felt as she had to go so soon and that my relatives were at my house. That’s life I guess.

“Alright I’ll speak to you soon, have fun.” We shared goodbyes until the line went flat and I sighed. Yeah, I miss my family. Emerging once again from my bunk the guys hadn’t really moved since I left. Apart from Jack and Rian who were now sat on the couch with a laptop placed between them. Whatever was playing it seemed amusing judging by their reactions, both their eyes glued to the dusty screen. Deciding to join in seeing as there was little else to do I squeezed in beside Jack, my eyes dancing over the video that was playing.

“What are you guys watching?” Squinting a little I saw a lanky awkward looking version of the boy next to me dancing on screen.

“Old Youtube videos of us, you should see them, they are crazy.” I laughed at how open Jack was to looking completely insane in front of random people. Rian was randomly scrawling through screens before opening a new tab and typing in a link.

“I think you should see this one Alex.” He laughed as the screen began loading. They shared a knowing look between them which made me wonder what the hell they were planning on showing me. Not even a few seconds later the video displayed a variety of worrying sentences including the words “nude” and “viewer discretion”. It wasn’t long till my eyes went wide in shock whilst the other two practically fell apart laughing.

Apparently at one point in tour I just randomly decided to run around a parking lot naked. What’s worse is I fell down hard a few seconds into it. You would’ve thought I would remember something like this, truth is I don’t remember fuck all.

“Oh god, what am I doing?” Jacks eyes were pretty much raping the screen by now whereas Rian was clutching at his ribs desperately.

“This is the kinda shit that goes down on tour.” Well if this is anything to go by, this was going to be a wild ride. The most shocking part was the amount of people who had watched it.

“Well that was embarrassing.” I blushed, too anxious to read the comments of the potentially perverted minds of the fans. On the other hand he simply smiled scrolling down the screen clearly enjoying the moment.

“What are you talking about? That’s one of my personal favourites you know.” He chuckled. If there ever was a time to punch Jack, it would be now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is pretty dialogue heavy but it needs to be so the story can progress, the excitement will be returning soon, don't you worry :)
I had to include that video though, it's such a classic :L
My undying love goes to: JeT'aime, Just.A.Kid and Mentos and diet Coke, you all get a naked gaskarth to yourselves ;)
Updates soon xXx