Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 50: Lie Awake And Dream

Jack’s POV:

A soft light started streaming through the curtains slowly stirring me from my recent sleep. It was the best nights rest I’ve had for at least a month now and even the mattress felt heavenly. Though that wasn’t the main reason why I felt so good. Rubbing my eye slightly the small smile that had settled on my lips had built into a full blown grin by the time I saw Alex. He was tightly curled into my side, head tucked just above my heart lips barely parted to let hushed breaths tumble from them.

It was almost comical how his hair was practically spiked in every direction possible although I think it just added to how cute he looked. Yeah I said cute, don’t judge me. As quietly as possible I stretched out a little craning my neck around to check the time. Just as I had thought it was already nearing mid-day but it still didn’t lessen the drop in my stomach.

We only had a few hours before we had to get back on the bus to the next venue. Sure tour is amazing right now but leaving this hotel room means we have to build back the facade I’ve tried so hard to avoid. Being here, with Alex, alone is like a breath of fresh air. Not having to worry about saying the wrong thing in an interview is refreshing to say the least. But it did bring up the question that’s been on all of our minds, when were me and Alex going to announce our relationship to the public? Hopefully it’ll be soon so we can have at least a little piece of normality to ourselves.

Feeling the ever nocturnal Alex stir beside me I sighed peacefully, pushing all my previous thoughts to the side for now. Poking him playfully in the stomach he grumbled, grip tightening on the comforter.

“Ah you’re alive then” I laughed only to realise how shot my voice was this morning. Fuck I hope that wasn’t the same for Alex, we’d definitely have a hard time trying explain that to Matt without scarring him for life.

“Barely” wiping the sleep out of his bleary eyes he yawned loudly before settling back into the mattress. Although I couldn’t help but notice him wince when he sat up ever so slightly.

“How’re you feeling?” the lump of guilt started to form painfully in my throat at the thought of me going a little too overboard last night. Thankfully I was put at ease when I heard him laugh quietly beside me.

“Fucking worn out, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.” I smiled, the relief slowly washing over me.

“Me neither.” It was true last night was incredible on so many levels. Finally we took a major step in our relationship that we both were scared to take, but it was so worth it in the end. Settling closer to my boyfriend I let the hazy fragments of the previous night float past my tired eyes. We both laid there dreamily content for a moment until the time really started to sink in.

“You know, Flyzik’s gunna yell at us soon if we aren’t packed up.” With a melodramatic sigh he laughed at the remark.

“God Jack you really know how to kill a moment.” At first I was a little taken aback until I suddenly pinned the younger down, ready to prove him wrong. Deciding to emphasise my point further I brushed my lips faintly against his ear, enjoying the slight waver in his breath.

“You weren’t complaining last night” I purred knowing all too well he couldn’t dispute it judging by the unholy noises that were made the previous evening. Pulling back just enough to see his expression I cocked an eyebrow mischievously. That signature soft shade of red tinted his cheeks as he bit his lip shyly.

“Last night was the only exception.” Looping his arms around my neck he tentatively lent forward just so our lips brushed faintly.

“I can live with that” I breathed, our eyes glinted with a new found intimacy. And with that I really couldn’t pull myself away from him. Alex slowly pressed his lips to mine with a heated mixture of love and need. Even with my phone buzzing against the bedside table we both simply ignored it, too lost in each other as we kissed softly. It was as if I could still feel the aftershocks of last night thrumming inside me. Every touch seemed to spark on my skin and linger their like echoes reverberating comfortably in my bones.

Yet with the simplest of kisses I could tell Alex had changed. He wasn’t second guessing himself anymore; he simply let the guard he put up slowly tumble down. The only purpose of it was so he would never have to get hurt again from his own actions. He inherited that fear ever since the accident and it was as if I lost the care free outgoing teenager I knew he used to be. So to see him like this, completely uninhibited was an emotional moment for me. Like all the things we have gone through he was finally becoming the boy I thought I once lost for good. And as sappy as this sounds it only makes me love him more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back :)

Yes it has certainly been too long but in this period of time I have left school, had 19 exams and went to prom. So I have been pretty preoccupied ;) But thankfully my GCSE's are all over now so I don't have to stress about revising like a mad women for them. That was really the only reason I didn't update for this long as I had to focus on my education. But I am finally free!

It was so nice to see all your comments on the last chapter, I'm glad it was worth the wait ;) and I think an early morning makeout session is a pretty good way of making it up to you guys for waiting :L Also I'm excited to announce that I do have another Jalex story in the works so hopefully you guys will show it as much support as this one :)

My amazing commenters are: miss.sobriety, Mentos and diet Coke, daisy22, sillysophie1996, Alexander Gaskarth., Chachachloe, gcchic7484, sorry eleanor and abigfacade seriously HUGE thanks to you all <3

On a random sidenote: prom was amazing and I'm pretty tempted to put a link up of a pic I took :L maybe next chapter ;) xXx