Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 7: In The Wake of an Accident

Just as I thought the press was waiting for us at the hospital, but nothing could prepare me for the sight of it. Yes going to couple of premieres and award ceremonies the flashing lights and crowds of paparazzi all pushing one another for the money shot was something that grew accustomed to me. But they weren’t just calling our names, they were more interested in the people behind us with bigger followings. This was something completely different. All the attention was going to be on us.

Not only were there intimidating looking guys with camera lens's big enough to blind you with, there were various news reporters with microphones wielded at the ready. But worst of all small gatherings of fans congregated around the hospital. Don’t get me wrong without them we wouldn’t be anywhere if it wasn’t for their support. I really do love them but this was just going to make it ten times worse to see all these fans heartbroken over this. Thankfully out of the corner of my eye I spotted Matt’s beat up van pull into the car park. The doors opened and a lot of the guys from our tour pile out, most likely for safety reasons.

Along with Matt the guys went up to the increasing mob out front obviously trying to negotiate something. But I still couldn’t see Zack or Rian anywhere. Slightly paranoid I checked my phone for any news or calls, nothing. Cursing under my breath my fingers swiftly pressed the buttons for Zack’s number before pulling it up to my ear. Looking by the things outside it would soon be time to face everyone out there.

"Where are you Zack?” frustration evident in my voice.

“We’re in the van we have to wait for Matt to clear things up with the paparazzi before we can safely get out there without getting crushed to death,” he sighed it was obvious he didn’t have a lot of sleep last night.

“So what’s the plan how are we going to sort this out?” My eyes still intently watching outside.

“Basically once they’ve arranged something Matt’s going to come back then we’ll all go out and make a statement” The small crowd of guys from the van started walking back in our direction.

“Okay sounds good enough we just have to be careful what we say, the police told me that I can’t elaborate too much on what happened until they have finished the investigation,” I paused my hand reaching out for the door handle.

“Alright Matt’s just coming over now, are you ready?” Gulping loudly I shook my head.

“Not in the slightest” with that I hung up the phone timidly stepping out of my car locking it behind me. The noise around me blurred together as we all quickly grouped together. Both Zack and Rian closely by my side.

I could feel countless eyes scrutinizing my every move, various questions being thrown in our direction always answered with silence. The squeals of our names rang through my ears whilst flashes of light danced across my eyes. It felt like this walk was never ending. Finally we were lead to the front of the hospital doors before we turned to face the crowd in front of us. Matt stepped out and cleared his throat.

“On behalf of Alex we are here to make a statement to our fans as we believe they deserve to know what is going on here” He turned to look back at me signalling for me to join him up there. With a few reassuring glances from everyone I walked over to Matt inhaling deeply before picking up where he left off.

“As I am sure most of you are aware of the incident that took place yesterday. Due to legal reasons I can’t disclose as much as I want to right now but I can give an account of what happened.” The lump in my throat was becoming hard to ignore.

“Last night both myself and Alex were stopped and threatened by someone, if we did not comply to this persons wants we would be harmed. Though we offered anything on our person to him he refused, and before we could react the person pulled out a gun and fired.” My breaths shook as hot tears slid down my cheeks.

“My best friend was cruelly wounded; the worst part was I had to watch him suffer in front of me. I felt so helpless. To see someone so close to you in pain like that is the worst feeling someone could ever experience. And the guilt is still heavy in my heart. If it wasn’t for Alex I probably wouldn’t be standing here today, he pushed me out of the way and took the bullet.” The crowd broke into gasps of horror, thankfully I could feel Zack’s arm protectively around my shoulders taking the opportunity to wipe my eyes with my sleeve.

“Right now Alex is stable however he is suffering amnesia, due to these traumatic circumstances our main focus is to help him out of this and be there for him 100%. Therefore future projects are on hold at the moment, we want to thank all our fans for supporting us during this dark time, and we will keep you updated on what’s happening right now. But for now we would like it if you could respect our privacy whilst we help him, thank you.” The noise from the crowd escalated whilst Rian lead me into the hospital away from the hysteria outside.

I gladly followed him pratically sprinting down the corridor before reaching his room. As I slowly opened the door the meer sight of his body lying dormant on the mattress was enough for me to break. Rian respected my privacy and left me alone in the room. I sat across from him letting the sobs shake my body clutching on to the chair desperately. It was hard just breathing my body was shaking and gasping for oxygen. Though the fans were now informed on what’s been happening I didn’t feel any better, I just wanted my friend back. The ache now spread across my body, how is Alex so close to me and yet I feel so far away from him? He’s slipping away...
♠ ♠ ♠
Well now the fans know :/
Things will get brighter I promise
Thanks to my commenters wolfiesayrawr and Lotte_music for spurring me on to write this up quicker :D
Subscribers/commenters are awesome :)
Updates up soon xXx