Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 9: Breakout, Breakout

It didn’t take long for Zack Rian and me to come up with an escape plan to get Alex out of hospital. The press and fans only hung around during the day, there were barely anyone there late at night. This was the basis of the plan. We asked if our roadies wouldn’t mind joining us so we would have security just in case any die hard fans were hanging around the vicinity. Thankfully we had already informed the staff that we would pick him up late in order to miss the paparazzi. They all agreed it would be the best option.

So at around half 11 we arrived in Matt’s beat up van around 10 of us in all. Alex’s nurse had told us that his parents dropped off his suitcase in his room, all that was needed to do was collect them both and get home. Unfortunately our plan didn’t work out that perfectly.

“Shit Jack they’re on to us” Matt hissed pointing towards the window. That was the last thing I needed to hear. Quickly I scrambled to the front of the van and groaned. He was right. A group of photographers and even news reporters was pestering various staff members outside the building, most likely about Alex. But they had clocked the van and looked like they were ready to run over to us.

“What the hell are they still doing here?” My back slid against the wall of the van my shoulders slumped slightly in defeat.

“Maybe they managed to get out of the staff that we would be picking him up tonight” Zack scratched the back of his neck looking towards all of us. It was possible but I tried not to think about anyone ratting us out to them.

“We need a diversion and fast” All of us shifted uncomfortably knowing all too well that one of us had to go and distract the press. My hand ran through my hair nervously as everyone shared anxious looks.

“You know what? Fuck it I’ll go” We were all shocked from Rians outburst but I was secretly thankful that I didn’t have to face them. He stood up dusting off his jeans.

“While they come over to me the rest of you go round the back entrance, we’ll meet back at the front and we’ll all run to the van.” Rian slowly moved towards the doors ready to go out but Zack quickly grabbed his shoulder.

“I think I should go too, it will look less suspicious with both of us there,” Matt sighed but nodded in agreement, this felt like some kind of military operation, but if it was what it took then we were willing to do it. With one last deep breath Rian opened the back door purposely leaving it slightly ajar as they both walked out in front of the van and up the pathway. Just as we thought they immediately swamped them, lights flashing, random shouts of their names.

We all edged towards the back the atmosphere thick with nerves. Turning around my hands rubbed together timidly.

“Everyone ready?” My eyes darted to each person, all of them nodding. Slowly creeping out of the van the rest of the gang followed suit pulling up our hoods and walking swiftly out of the car park. For about 2 minutes or so it was going to plan none of them bothered to turn around, too absorbed in Zack and Rian. But the sound of our heavy footsteps around the building attracted un-wanted attention.

“Hey there goes Jack Barakat!” As soon as we heard that girl yell we sprinted. It didn’t matter if we were filmed legging it to the hospital right now we just wanted to get the hell out of here. In record time we made it to the secretary managing to avoid tackling various patients on our way there.

“We’re here for Mr Gaskarth” my voice came out like I had been running a marathon but I was glad she understood immediately pointing us in the right direction to his ward. After we walked past several wards we stopped.

“Which one was it again Jack?” Matt stood beside a plaque littered in dorm numbers, a bemused look plastered across his features. I laughed grabbing his elbow and pulling him with me down the corridor.

Eventually we all ended up at the door, the roadies were mainly littered around the corridor for safety reasons and not to freak Alex out. With a tentative knock on the door the sound of covers rustling was evident.

“Jack?” his soft voice echoed from inside the room.

“Yeah it’s me, now open up you dork before we’re massacred by the media” I couldn’t help but smile the sound of his laughter was like music to my ears. The door slowly opened to reveal a hoodie clad Alex looking pretty tired if the slight darkness around his eyes were anything to go by. His hands were gripped tightly onto a black suitcase as he shuffled out the room. Matt took his luggage as I checked the room one last time.

“Are you sure you got everything?” he nodded whilst walking towards our group yawning slightly. We had already warned him there might be photographers outside so he knew what to expect. But as I looked over to him when we walked down the corridors he still looked fearful his eyes fixated on his shoes. Putting my arm around his shoulder I smiled reassuringly.

“It’s going to be fine Lex” his body tensed a little those hazel eyes searched mine for some sort of comfort.

“Promise?” his voice shaking whilst his hands pushed deep into his pockets.

“Promise” deep down I was scared too, I didn’t want us to be harassed but it came with the territory.

Gladly we all huddled together and with one last shared glance we made our way out of the hospital. Zack instantly clocked us however so did the press. It was crazy. People pushed around us yelling various questions; we kept our heads down and walked speedily towards the car park. Poor Alex was petrified I could feel him lean into me wanting to just get out of here. The various flashes of light illuminated the dark landscape and blinded my eyes. Rian had already reached the white van and pulled open both doors everyone else was fighting through the numerous bodies encircling us.

Yet what seemed like forever we finally reached the vehicle shoving the suitcase in before piling in ourselves. Without hesitation Matt sped out of the car park his foot firmly pressed on the exhilaration. Me and Zack high fived proud that we made it out alive but I was surprised to find Alex leaning on my shoulder. His coffee coloured hair fell in front of his face and the feeling of shallow even breaths brushed against my neck. How he could be asleep after all that I didn’t know, but we made it and that’s all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did anyone hear about the police macing people at the six flags ATL gig? How stupid can people be? Can't fans enjoy themselves at a concert now, Glad Alex stuck up for his fans though :)

Alright rant over, I was overwhelemed by your support all your comments and subs was A-MAY-ZING so I wanted to post this asap, tis a long one aswell :D
Big thanks to: TheTallOne, trophyeyes, Lotte_music, Fangs Up, Cweamee, Princess_Skittles and wolfiesayrawr you guys are awesomee

Updates soon xXx