Status: done.. and the person I wrote it for didn't like the ending T.T wah!

Faber

One-shot

I tugged at my hair and shifted from foot to foot. My reflexion gazed at me from the hall mirror. Shoulder-length honey blond hair framed my dark brown eyes. My full lips were outlined with pink lipstick. My cheeks were a bright red. Every time I thought about him, it happened. I would blush uncontrollably. Dave Faber. That was my date tonight. He was going to meet me at an out-of-the-way restaurant. I grinned at the thought of our first meeting.

LAST WEEK
I rushed to the store, tossing my coat on the chair in the back room, clipped on my name tag and scurried to the front. Maria glared at me as I slipped next to her. "This is the third time you've been late this week. What are you doing at night?"

"Nothing." I knew I was mega blushing right now. But the truth was to embarrassing. MuchMusic was running a five part documentary on Faber Drive. My fave band. They were on tour here. I wanted tickets soo badly! Maria shook her head and headed to the back to change. I sighed and checked my hair in the reflective windows. As I turned back, the bell jangled. I slapped my biggest grin on and turned to face the costumer. The smile slipped. It looked like... but it couldn't... It almost looked like Dave Faber. I straightened my shirt and watched as he meandered through the store. A few other costumers bought there cheap crap and left. I bagged their stuff without actually looking at it.

"Hey." I blushed extra hard as the guy who looked like Dave stepped up to the counter. He was the only costumer left in the store. I blinked mutely at him. "I just wanted to know, do these hide my eyes at all?" he continued. He put on a pair of over sized glasses.

"T-they..." I felt flustered. "They gook leat." My face reddened to a deeper shade. "I mean they look late. I mean..." I took a few deep breaths while the guy smiled calmly at me. "They look great." I finally spit out. His smile was almost mocking, but not in the mean way. Like how your friend smiles at you when you say something totally stupid and messed up.

"Like, you wouldn't be able to tell who I was if I was wearing these?" he asked. What kind of question was that?

"Why? Are you going to rob a bank?" I slapped a hand over my mouth. It had just popped out of my mouth! I was horrified, but the guy's grin just got wider.

"You honestly don't know who I am?" he asked. I blinked.

"Well, you look like Dave Faber, but you couldn't be." I said.

"I couldn't?" My eyes widened at his response.

"Are you?"

"I don't know, am I?"

"Stop it! Are you or aren't you?" I was surprised at the annoyance in my voice. He grinned at me. "You totally are." I muttered.

"You're a funny girl, did you know that? Yes I am Dave Faber." My eyes popped out of my head and rolled across the floor. I am serious. "And," he continued, "I need the glasses because I want to stroll around the city, but not get mobbed by fans."

"Don't you like your fans?"

"Yes, but they can be a tad annoying. You don't seem the annoying kind. Your pretty cute. All flustered by a celeb, unlike almost anyone else. They go feral." He rolled his eyes. I felt my face grow so hot I was sure it was going to light on fire. He called me cute. "So you're a fan?"

"Yes! I love you guys!"

"Are you coming to the concert?" I bit my lip. My face seemed to answer his question.

"I can't get tickets." I whispered. He smiled at me.

"The band member's girlfriends always has tickets." He pulled a white slip of paper out of his pocket. He slid it over the counter. My jaw smacked the ground. By the time I realized that my mouth was hanging open, he had broken into a fit of laughter. "You free Sunday night?" I could only nod. "Ever heard of The Broken?" I shook my head. "It's a restaurant. It's on the corner of fifth and Belk Avenue. Is ten a good time?" I nodded, horrified that I had been reduced to nodding and shaking my head. He smiled at me again and handed me a couple of dollars and left with his sun-glasses.

TEN PM, SUNDAY
I shifted on my chair. He had reserved us a table. I had been there for about ten minutes and was starting to get nervous. Maybe he had forgotten or maybe it had all been a big joke. The tickets had been real, though. I had gone to the concert and it had rocked! Big surprise. I was sipping my ice water when he walked in. I couldn't help but smile.

He was wearing the sun-glasses he had bought from me. He sat down across from me and smiled widely. "Hey baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
and they all lived happily ever after. :}