Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 1

I walked into art, probably my worst subject, but weirdly enough it may be the one I enjoyed the most. I mean I'm not that bad, Bs mostly, (I know sounds stuck up but still) and Bs are really good. I used to get Fs in gym. I can think of 1 good reason why it isn't my best. I'm too distracted. By what? My distractions name is Mr. G. Way. I don't know his first name. Occasionally you find out by over hearing or curious students. No one had asked him I wasn't sure why. I didn't really care much.

Class ended and I had done a pretty crappy job with my picture of a sunset. I was sure my six year old cousin could do so much better. She could have some more insight into it, bring life to the drawing much better than I can right now.

"Natalie can I talk to you for a second please?" Mr Way asked. Great I'm in trouble and now I’m gunna miss my bus. But hey what can I do about it?

"Um sure," I mumbled walking towards his desk instead of the door. He gestured for me to take a seat opposite his desk. He got up and sat on the other side of his desk.

"Today was not your best work today Natalie, you have seemed very distracted this year is there something upsetting or distracting you?" Mr Way asked, he was showing clear cut concern, I was kind of glad about this on the inside.

"No sir," I mumbled clutching my books to my chest.

"What about school is everything ok at school?" He asked.

“Everything’s pretty normal at school," well I wasn't about to mention the fact I have about two friends, my boyfriend - who doesn't actually attend the same school as me - broke up with me recently and my parents are also on my case about my dropping grades since Mr Way started. Lucky for me they are to oblivious to notice the connection.

"Well then I suppose it’s a mystery but you know I’m here for you if you ever want to talk about anything," he smiled. I nodded. "Then your free to go."

"Thank you Mr Way," I smiled as I was about to leave. I hurried to my locker but I could tell by the time I left the room I'd missed the bus, the corridors were almost empty. Just after school club attendees, stragglers and random teachers left. I gathered my books and cursed my optimism which lead me to leave my jacket at home today, it was rain heavily and I was wearing a band t-shirt and skinny jeans. I was drenched as I left the school, I was certain I would develop pneumonia before I even got home.

But that is the punishment I accept for taking on optimism.

When I got home, the house was empty. No one is ever home after school. They’re at work and I get some nice hours to myself. I'm one of those people who look forwards to alone time. I drop my messenger bag by the door and slip off my converse. I hung up my jacket on the back of one of the matching dinning room chairs. I opened the pizza I had bought for myself on the way home and switched on my favourite movie, Saw.

But somehow the traps and the blood led my thoughts to Mr Way. As I swallowed some another piece of crust I thought of his concern for me today. He cared about me and what happened to me. He thought about me when he didn’t have to. At certain times I was in his thoughts.

Whoa.

Back track.

Of course he doesn’t use his free time to think of me, he’s not like me. I think about him a lot these days. I guess I feel more lonely than I used to. What with the whole ordeal between James and I.

My phone started to ring which woke me from the daze I was in. I slid my phone up and yawned before I spoke.

“Hello?” I'd forgotten the invention of caller ID again. But it could only be a few people, mum, dad, Annie, James or some cold caller. Whoever it was would be able to guess I'd been sleeping.

“Hey, Nat, it’s Annie,” I whipped the sleep from my eyes as I began to clear up the mess from my dinner. “You get home without dying from the rain then? It’ll teach you for being impractical.” That’s Annie, prepared for anything and everything. If you ever need batteries at school she's the girl you go to see about it.

“I know, I know, it’ll teach me for being optimistic, to stick to my pessimistic was permanently. So what do I owe the pleasure of the phone call?” I asked carrying my rubbish to my kitchen.

“I need your help. With the Art project. You’re an amazing artist and I have zero creativity right now. Do you think I could pop round and you could give me a hand? Please?” Annie was begging. And it’s not like I have anything else to do tonight anyways.

“Yeah sure. And I'm not that good at art. I struggle just like all you mere mortals.” I said smiling. I heard Annie laugh as she began to get her bag ready and collect her stuff.

“You didn’t used to before Mr Way. Before him you were top of the class. You got A’s on everything. Now all you can think about is him and how much you love him. You should use it in your art. If you could channel all those thoughts and all that energy into something creative, you could fly through you’re A levels.” I sighed, she was right but I am never going to admit that.

“Be round in five minutes I'll have some red bull and cheetos waiting for you.” I said collecting the food and taking it to my dining room table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments may make the next chapter come faster.