Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 11

When class was over, I stayed in my seat. I had after school stuff to do with him today, for university. I waited while Mr. Way tidied the room. During this wait I grew nervous and excited. I had spent a significant period of time alone with Mr. Way today so I could not explain being nervous, excited because I would have even more significant time alone with him. It took him about fifth teen minutes to clear up the mess left by us. Although I cleared up my own stuff while he cleared everyone else’s. In some part of my mind I hoped he was grateful, that part is the part of the mind I work hard to ignore a lot of the time. Another thing I did while he worked was working hard on keeping my eyes focused on the notebook I was doodling on and not other things while he bent to clean desks. I work hard to keep my weird teen hormones under control around inappropriate people. Guys my age, that’s not creepy, teachers most would consider is. And if he caught me he would be permanently creeped out by me.

“Well lets rock and roll.” He smiled, he sat where he sat at lunch today, with his laptop in between us and his coffee mug right next to him. I love coffee, everything about it is amazing, smell, taste. And he has coffee close to how I like it, milky. One more thing I had to control, my urge to reach across and take a couple of gulps. “If you want some go ahead.” I think he saw me staring at the coffee cup. “I am willing to share coffee with you Natalie, half some. I don’t mind.” He pushed the cup closer to me. I picked the mug up, thinking he had done this thousands of time. We are now officially swapping spit. When I think about that it’s a little gross. His coffee is ok, I make a better mug. But if he had red bull hidden somewhere in here I would consider swapping some more spit. Well that sounds weird and maybe one of the creepest things I’ve ever said. “So where shall we start?”

“When faced with this question, I respond with at the beginning.” I said smiling as I doodled in my notebook. I peeked at Mr. Way, he also sort of grinned.

“I guess that’s some good logic. Well what course do you want to take? You said you wanted to follow in your awesome teachers foot steps and become an art teacher. So an art or educational studies degree or maybe they do both out there.” Mr. Way showed me through the website, UCAS. And I found some places which looked ok, courses seemed good. And there was an open day for my favourite course and uni on Sunday. “Do you think you’ll be able to go?”

“Nope, my parents are working and my dad has to use my car that day, his is going to the mechanics over the weekend to have his brakes fixed. So I will have to skip it and go with my thoughts from this site.” We both packed up our stuff, it was coming close to four.

“If all you need is a ride, then maybe I could take you?”

Hold on.

Did Gerard Way just offer to take me somewhere, with no one else we know, just us two.

Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s no date, this is clearly for educational purposes and I of course say yes but it gets me thinking. And of course I always try to stop myself from thinking. It always ends in insanity.

“I couldn’t expect you to do that for me. I can’t ask you to give up your Sunday night. Don’t most adults spend Sunday’s out drinking and trying to get laid.” I pulled my bag onto my shoulder, realising what I had said, sometimes I have this disorder which causes me to speak without thinking, it just flows from my mouth, word diahorea is my diagnosis. Lucky for me Mr. Way is made of awesome, well he may not be a nerdfighter but he’s still awesome, all he did was laugh and shake his head.

“Natalie, I spend my Sunday’s drawing comic books in my pyjamas with reruns of CSI on in the background, I'm sure I can pull myself away from that for one Sunday, if you say no I will just drag you there.” I don’t like to be dragged places.

“Ok, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Heres the next one. I've been ahead for a couple of chapters a few weeks ago. But all my work is due in tomorrow so I have been working like a mad person. But it's tomorrow so after that I have no coursework only revision for one exam. I'll have tones of time to write so expect more updates, if you want more.