Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 15

“If you don’t mind me asking, what was your ex like, cause with friends like Max, I can’t imagine he’s a good person.” Now me and Gee are talking about exes?

“Well I'll tell you about my latest split if you tell me about yours.” I smiled. He raised an eyebrow. “Hey, you don’t get to know details about my love life if I don’t get to know some about yours.” He sighed and nodded. “I actually met him through Max, at a movie night down dockside, they were showing a horror movie night and I knew a couple of my favourites were on. I went with the Sarah and Annie and while I was getting some popcorn for us I ran into Max and his friend. He started to make conversation with me so I asked who his friend was and we started chatting. James suggested him and Max sit with me and my friends. We traded numbers and emails and stuff and started texting. A couple of weeks later we went on our first date. We got as serious as you do at our age about a month or two after we met. I was head over heels for him. He was everything to me. Things were going well about five months into our relationship was when things took a U turn. He got angry when I didn’t spend time with him but he could just see me when he liked. He got controlling and weird. He drunk a lot and he wasn’t a nice drunk. Him and Max would just get out of control and it would be ok for him to flirt with any girl but I couldn’t even breathe the same air was another guy, except Max who always flirted behind his back. He got jealous of me having male teachers,” well only one but I wasn’t going to say the only teacher I even mentioned was him. “I ended it when he thought he would organise my entire life. Looking back he’s a controlling jerk and tries to drive everyone away from you and he likes to manipulate his friends as well as his girlfriends. You?”

“You can’t tell anyone I'm talking about my personal life like this with you, but you are in my car. I guess you and me are breaking some of this student teacher stuff. My last girlfriend I had when I was back in the US. We met in high school but had only been dating for a couple of years when we broke up. After all those years going to school I hacked up the nerve to ask her out and we dated. Fell in love. She even moved in with me. We broke up when I moved over here. I gave her good warning, I told her I applied for the abroad long before we started dating. But when I wanted to leave, that was it, I was leaving her, I hated her and didn’t think of her needs. She was a bit of a dramatic person and I'm kind of glad I don’t have to put up with any of her drama anymore. Although I have fun being free and single, I do miss the company of a relationship.” Gerard didn’t look at me while he spoke, like the good driver he is, he kept his eyes on the road. This girl had broke his heart though, she’d hurt him bad, he’d had a worse time than I had, he’d had a good relationship that he didn’t want to end. He had been in love with his ex, that was the difference between his relationship and mine. His sounded like it had been a pleasant experience until he left.

“Well, sounds like you enjoyed most of your relationship.” I laughed a bit, wasn’t the good sort of laughter though.

“Yeah, but all relationships have their good points and all relationships have their lows. We had fights and arguments like everyone else. Just yours were probably worse and lasted a little longer than ours.” Gerard’s hand move from the steering wheel and for a moment I thought he was going to place it on top of mine, but instead he was changing gear. It’s those damn hopes again. “And I'm sure one day you’ll have the best relationship you can, with someone who loves you for who you are.”

“You may be an optimist when it comes down to romance, but I tend to think the glass if half empty when it comes to matters including boys. No offense.”

“Some taken,” he smiled. “Not all of us are that bad. It’s just idiots like Max and James which give us all such a bad reputation. There are some good guys out there.”

“I'll let you know when I find one of them.” I said looking out the window.

“So, where would you like to eat?” Gee asked me as we got closer to town. I looked at where we were and thought for a second.

“I don’t mind, Chinese?”

“Sure,” Gerard took a left and we were headed towards a Chinese restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably the most popular story I've written for mibba, so thanks! It's nice to hear your comments, or read them, so comment and more updates probably either later today or Wednesday...