Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 16

The place was all you can eat buffet. When we were seated with our food a waiter came over to take our drink order. I got a red bull and Gerard got a diet coke. I thought a guy like him might want a beer or something alcoholic, but I didn’t mention anything.

“One thing I don’t get, if you don’t mind me mentioning it is why would you leave someone you love for a job? You don’t have to answer that, but I was wondering.” I said picking at my food.

“Well, I had signed up for the job before I asked her out, when I told her that it was time to go, I intended for her to move with me, we’d talked about it but when it came down to it, she couldn’t and she felt would resent her but then I hated her. Like I said her drama was getting to me, so I broke up with her a day before I left after all the arguing it made me angry. It wasn’t that I left, it’s that she didn’t understand this was a once in a life time thing.” He ate as he spoke, “I guess our relationship didn’t mean as much to her, so she couldn’t come with me.”

We ate in silence for a few minutes. I searched for something to say. I wasn’t sure if he would want a students advice on relationships, seeing as he is more likely to be more experienced than me, but I thought I would offer it any way.

“I know you probably have more relationship experience than I do, but I find the people worth dating are those who try to respect your individual decisions. Whether that be to sign up for a job or to see your friends that night instead of him. If they can’t understand why you make personal decisions you should question if they trust you.” I said picking at my food. I couldn’t look at him. I was getting real personal with him and it made me feel weird, a little awkward. But I guess I'm always at least a little awkward around him.

“Thanks, Nat,” Gerard said. I looked up at him smiling and I also saw his hand reach over as he placed it on top of mine. I smiled back and we sat there for a moment, him holding my hand. It felt nice. Although I blushed a little, my thoughts began to steer themselves in the direction of possibilities between me and him, impossible possibilities.

When he drove me home it began to rain. I hoped it wouldn’t thunder storm, I'm home alone tonight, all my friends are busy and I hate thunder storms, have since I was little. I can real freaked out by them. Gerard and I talked a little about his life in America, I told him how I hoped to take a year trip there one day and visit every state.

“Well, let me know when you do, you’re going to need a good tour guide,” he smiled, glancing over at me.

“Do you know someone any decent then,” I got the hint but I wanted to be sure it was him. I tried to hide my smile when he acted offended but I couldn’t, I ended up giggling.

“Well, yes, I do. Me. I am an amazing tour guide.”

We pulled up in front of my house, I watched the rain and I didn’t realise Gerard getting out and opening the door for me. I smiled up at him and ran to my front door, he was close behind.

“Why, thank you Gerard, I didn’t realise you could be such a gentleman,” I said, trying to prolong our time together. Although we were both getting drenched in the process. Rain dripped from his hair and nose as a smile grew.

“Your welcome,” and then we hugged. Gerard leant down and hugged me. And not an awkward first friends kind of hug, it was a proper full on hug. I hugged back, who wouldn’t? It lasted a while, he let me go when I shivered because of them damned rain. “I'm sorry you’re getting cold. Get in and get dry and I will see you at school bright and early tomorrow.” I nodded and unlocked my front door. Before I closed it I waved him off as he drove away from my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I am posting this earlier than I may normally do because I am excited for the next chapter and want to be able to post it when i'm done so you guys can read it! Serious good stuff happening in the next chapter, promise! Comments help me to write faster. Enjoy!