Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 17

I dropped my keys next to the television, I was still thinking of the day I just had and what tomorrow might bring. I hoped things wouldn’t be as awkward as they were, it was nice to feel comfortable around him and feel as though we’re equals rather than student and teacher.

I went about setting up camp for the night. And what I mean by that is putting a Friends DVD in, getting myself a cold drink and a snack and making myself comfortable. Oh I also put on my laptop so I could go on facebook.

I tried to keep my thoughts away from Gerard not denying being my boyfriend, holding my hand, the hug and all the personal conversations we’d had today. I tried not to let myself think that today has been the best day I’ve had in a while. And I tried not to think about the way Gerard’s hand felt against mine and how much I liked it. That was all too dangerous for my emotions. But from time to time I failed and the minority which thought about impossible with Mr Way would take over for a split moment and I would have to beat it back down yet again.

The thunderstorm began, it was about a quarter of an hour when the electricity went out. I was thrown into darkness, the laptop went off since the battery had already died and I was using a charger. I had no idea where the nearest torch was so I reached for my iPod, I keep an app which provides light on there in case of these situations. I don’t like the dark. It’s my worst fear. So I sat for a while with my app on hoping the power would come back. I couldn’t even check the internet since the modem is electronic.

The storm grew worse and the lightening became more frequent. I hadn’t moved once, I was to scared. I shouldn’t watch horror movies, my imagination becomes to excited and thinks my life is a horror movie and that when the power goes out in a storm it’s actually Jigsaws way of kidnapping me. Some part of me knows that’s not true, but that’s the rational part, the part which knows me and Gerard will never happen. The irrational part takes over in these scenarios. I wrapped a blanket around myself when I got cold and realised I had left my jacket in Gerard’s car. Hopefully he would bring it with him tomorrow. I grew more scared throughout the evening, with no idea what the time was. I gather my things so I could go and try and get some sleep, while getting my things, I saw a shadow at the window. I began to scream, this time my life really was a horror movie.

“No, no, Natalie, it’s me Gerard, I'm returning your jacket,” I took a few breaths, got up from behind the sofa where I was shivering. I had begun to go into a bit of a panic attack, but my breathing was still a bit weird and I was shivering, not necessarily from the cold, when I answered the door. “Natalie, are you ok?” I nodded and took my jacket from him. “No you’re not.” He went past me dragging me with him. “Why are the lights off?”

“The power went in the storm.” Gerard sat me next to him on my sofa and hugged me against his side while I calmed down. “I'm scared of the dark, so I have kind of been freaking out since the power went.”

“Well, I'll stay with you until it comes back.” Gerard rubbed my shoulder before he got up and started looking through all the drawers in the living room and on shelves.

“Gee, what are you doing?” I asked, using my iPod to watch what he was doing.

“I'm looking for candles or a torch or something to create more light than an iPod can.” He said bending over to reach the bottom draw. I'm not going to pretend like I didn’t look and I'm not going to pretend I didn’t like what I saw either. Although it was dark so I didn’t get the best look. Five minutes later four or five candles were lit around us and he had a torch which he liked to shine in my eyes every other minute. It created a kind of romantic atmosphere, dim lighting and only the sound of thunder. We were snuggled on the sofa, it was cold so Gerard suggested hugging together and getting a blanket to keep warm. Gerard was in a half lying position and I was leaning on him with my feet up so I was pretty much lying down with Gee as my pillow.

Half an hour later my eyes started to droop and I started to yawn.

“You tired Nat?” Gerard asked stroking my arm.

“Hmmm,” I managed. I didn’t think I could make it up the stairs so I decided to stay where I was, the fact I was hugging with my hot art teacher and I was very comfortable also added to my reluctance. Gerard began to hum lightly, I was half asleep, it helped to send me right off. My dreams must have begun in this half asleep state as it started off with Gerard kissing the top of my head right before I really was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the next couple all written so they should be up sooner rather than later! Enjoy!