Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 2

I pulled up to school the next day with Annie in the passenger seat. She paid petrol and I give her a lift. It’s our little arrangement. I got my bag from the boot and picked up my sketch book and A3 bag for art. I locked my car and we made our way towards the sixth form common room.

“Man, don’t you just hate Tuesday?” Annie sighed as I pressed in the code for the door. I rolled my eyes. Annie hates every day which is a week day.

As we entered the common room, we were met with the voices of all the sixth formers packed in there. There are a lot of sixth formers in my school. We struggled through the groups of people all sitting in circles to make our way towards our friends in some of the softer chairs arranged in squares. The room is medium shaped a blue colour and filled with missed matched chairs.

When we finally got to our friends we dropped into two empty chairs and waited for year 13 assembly to begin. None of the form tutors had arrived yet. Which meant Mr. Way had not arrived yet. I turned back to the conversation until the bell rang.

I looked towards the door waiting. He would be down soon. The year 12’s filled out through the door he would be coming through. But Mr. Way is tall enough and hot enough to shine through the scum which is year 12. These assemblies are all the same. They’ll talk about some trip their proud we did well on and then asked who vandalised the common room wall last week. We’ll blame it on year 12. We’ll be asked to tell if we know anything to tell them and then we’ll never hear of the incident again.

He appeared. He came through the door carrying his laptop bag on his shoulder, his sketch book clutched to his chest and his thermal mug filled with the sweet aroma of coffee. His hair was messed up neatly, his clothes were semi casual, tight jeans, white shirt and black tie. I smelt the coffee and cigarettes as he walked past. He took a seat at one conference tables in the middle of the room and opened up his laptop.

Mr. Way saw me staring at one point and gave me a polite smile. I looked away and pretended to listen to our head of year Mr. Jacobson rambling on. I kept an eye on his from the corner of my eye. He looked around looking for the members of his form. I'm in his form. Lucky for me!

Assemblies are good because you get to talk after, bad because I don’t get to here Mr. Way’s voice until art just after break. When assembly was over I turned to the conversation Annie and Kayla were having about history coursework. That’s the only class we’re all in. Annie and I have two other friends apart from Kayla, Becky and Sarah. They were discussing the upcoming history trip over the weekend.

“So did you actually hear anything Mr. Jacobson said today?” Becky asked.

“Yes, I did, what else would I be doing?” I asked acting cool. She may just be being weird. She might not have saw me staring. Again. She wouldn’t tell anyone if I did have a crush but I would prefer it just to be between me and me. Of course Annie figured it out though.

“Well lets get moving. History awaits,” Sarah sighed. She stood up and well all groaned and refused to leave. History is boring, I can’t remember why I chose it was an A level. “Come on guys history train is leaving.” At that we laughed and stood up to follow her. Sarah is the girliest and I swear high all the time. She has a soft voice and is either ultra chilled out or super stressed. Most of the time she's chilled. She’s hilarious when she's angry though. Oh and she has something against chav’s. But she's a hoot.