Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 23

Gerard called me early on Tuesday, in fact my phone ringing is what woke me up that morning. I reached over still half asleep and slide my phone up. I didn’t bother to sit up, I assumed it was a friend, I was too tired to think other wise. I would have a quick chat, get rid of whoever it was and try and fall back into the dream I was having.

“Hello?” I said, my voice dry and sleepy. I kept my eyes closed, I didn’t want to admit defeat to waking up.

“Sorry, Nat, did I wake you?” Gerard’s voice asked, even that didn’t wake me up completely but I rubbed my eyes and accepted I wouldn’t be falling asleep again today. He sounded wide awake, probably got up hours ago and his day was started long ago. I like lie ins and late nights, I'm no morning person. He’s probably a morning person, who likes watching to sun rise and goes to bed promptly after the 9 o clock news. Well that’s the impression I was getting at least.

“Yeah, but I have to get up at some point, why not now?” I pushed the covers off but I remained lying in my bed. My bed comfy, I always find it difficult to get up and out of it in the mornings. I stretched a little while he spoke, try and kick start my body and what not.

“Well, sorry again, I just wanted to see if you had any plans for Friday night?” I had to get up then and look at my calendar. I walked over to look at my New Moon Calendar which hangs on the back of my door. I trailed my finger along to the Friday in question. Right now it was blank. The whole month of December was blank except for Christmas. But my friends are always busy over Christmas. Sarah goes away with her family, Becca sees her boyfriend, Annie always has big family plans and Kayla hangs out with family from out of town. I spend the holidays alone, except for Christmas day, I see mum and dad for dinner and in the morning but even then when I'm left to entertain myself.

“I'm free,” I said grabbing the sharpie from the pot on my chest of draws.

“Well I will be picking you up at 6, it’s not a fancy affair but I am keeping our first date a secret until you see it.” I felt my heart skip at beat when he said our first day. I still couldn’t quite believe this wall all happening. The irrational part of my brain does happy dances all day long since the moment we kissed. I don’t know if I have parts in my brain anymore, since Gerard proved my whole logic system completely wrong. I'm going to have to redefine certain things I thought I knew. I held the phone between my shoulder and cheek while I wrote out ‘6 with G.’ That way if my parents, by some miracle, looked at my calendar they wouldn’t know too much and would assume the G was some other friend of mine.

“Date?” I said with a smile. I mainly wanted to say the word, but it came out as more of a question. I went and sat down on my bed.

“Yes! Date,” I could tell he would be smiling. He sounded excited too, a child being told they could have ice cream for dinner would speak in that sort of tone.

“Well I will see you then, and if I feel bored enough I'll probably text you at some point to.”

“I will be looking forwards to your text.” We hung up after saying our goodbyes. Friday was only three days away, I hoped I would see him after this over Christmas too. I'm not going Christmas shopping until Monday. I wanted desperately to tell someone, I wanted to happy dance and jump around in joy. But I held it in. I couldn’t tell anyone. I would have to decide things like clothing all by myself. And I would have to come up with an excuse in case my parents asked anything.

I skipped downstairs to get my breakfast that morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this ones a little shorter but the next chapter is the date so hopefully that should make up for it! Comments?