Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 25

With any other guy I would have acted scared during a horror movie, let them play the comforting guy and get caught up in that charade. But Gerard knows I’ve pulled that, he knows I like Saw and horror movies, so I couldn’t play that act. Instead, I sat back, with Gerard’s arm around me and watched the movie.

“Most girls would have chosen so mushy chick flick in hopes of creating a romantic atmosphere,” he whispered in my ear, his lips brushed against my skin causing goose bumps to become apparent.

“Well I'm not most girls.” I smiled turning to face him.

“No I realised.” He pulled me closer to him, I rested my head on his shoulder.

“I would’ve played the scared girl act to try and create a romantic atmosphere but you know me to well. You know I like Saw and you know I watch horror movies. I have no other tricks up my sleeve.”

“I should teach you some more if that’s all you know.” He smiled, “why did you choose Saw then, I have other horror movies?” He gestured over to his shelf.

“You caught me out there. I wanted to watch something I'd seen before, I can get scared while watching horror’s I haven’t seen before, I didn’t want to seem like a wimp if I was scared for real. I don’t know really, it makes sense to me.”

“I suppose it sort of makes sense to me too.” He pulled me a little closer to him and I rested my head on his shoulder.

I found it hard to concentrate on Saw. I was busy paying attention to the man with his arm around my shoulder. Gerard. He was sitting so snuggled up his breath washed over my neck, which sort of tickled. His thumb was rubbing small circles on the top of my arm. And part way through h started to play with a piece of my hair. For a first date it was rather romantic. I don’t think I had a moment like this with anyone else I have ever dated.

When it had to come to an end Gerard helped me from the cushions and took my hand as he led me back up his stairs.

I didn’t want the date to end, but I also knew my parents were due back earlier than usual today and if we didn’t leave soon I would have some explaining to do. He didn’t let go of my hand once, the only exception was to get to and from the car. During the ride home we discussed our plans for the 28th on December. Christmas I spend with my mum and dad although not normally in the same room. Gerard’s brother was coming over for Christmas and he wanted me to meet him so we agreed to meet on boxing day for dinner, but not as a date.

“Can I plan this one though and keep it all a big secret from you?” I asked smiling. He let out a long sigh, I guess he had experience of fluffy dates girls have planned in the past.

“Sure, it’s only fair.” He sighed again.

“Good, I think I already have an idea,” and I did, it would all tie in with the present I was thinking about getting him when I went shopping with Annie on Monday. He parked outside my house, we had about ten minutes before my dad should pull down the road and about fifth teen before my mum would follow.

“Do I get any clues?” He asked as he led my up to my front door.

“Dress casual, nothing smart,” I said. “That’s all you’re getting out of me.”

I wasn’t sure how this date would end. Was he comfortable enough to kiss me again? I wanted him to but I know underneath his tough exterior he’s still a little shy. And underneath my tough exterior is an awkward nerd who has no idea how to be relaxed around other people.

He leant down, wrapped his arms around me to pull my closer and kissed me. And a real kiss. It lasted for a while. He pulled back with a smile on his face.

“I'll call you tomorrow,” he promised. He left me with a kiss on my cheek and an amazing night to dwell on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, Gerard Point of view chapter, I've written it, so I can either put it up when it is time, or I can rewrite it in normal point of view.