Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 28

I felt relieve wash over me when we walked in the front door, everything had gone relatively well. Natalie had met Mikey and they got along well. But Mikey was being awfully quite on the way home, and even now he silently took off his coat and shoes and put the television on. And then there was his comments back at the restaurant. And I was still a little worried about what Natalie thinks about the whole type thing. My problem is I choose wrong, my type is Natalie but for some reason I never go after my type.

“You haven’t said one word since we left the restaurant, what’s wrong?” I sat down next to him and put the TV on mute. He frowned but still didn’t talk. “It’s about Natalie isn’t it?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?” He wouldn’t look at me, he just stared at the TV.

“Because you’re my little brother and I have known you since you were born. So spill, what’s on your mind?”

“It’s weird, I mean, Gee, she’s a lovely girl and if you weren’t her teacher I would tell you don’t hesitate and marry her tomorrow. But she is. You could loose your job; you’ll be put on one of those lists. People will through eggs at you in the road.” Mikey finally was able to look me in the eyes while he spoke.

“I know that. I know she’s my student, but she leaves in June and there are no rules about dating girls who used to be your students. And it’s not like she’s 12. She is 18. It would mean a lot to me to know that I have your blessing when it comes to our relationship.”

“You do Gee, but just remember to be careful, don’t tell anyone until she’s not been your student for like a year. And at some point before the end of your Christmas break, ask her to be your girlfriend. You always leave it too long and make the girls panic and question everything. But don’t do it tomorrow. You do want her to be your girlfriend don’t you?” Mikey is normally the guy I go to for relationship advice. He’s good with girls, he’s been with his girlfriend for over three years now and they still want to be around one another.

“Of course I do, but I don’t want to ask her too soon. I don’t want to rush this one. I was going to ask her on the new years eve when it gets to midnight. I thought that would be pretty romantic.” I was looking for Mikey’s seal of approval more than anything else.

“Yeah, that sounds good. So do you actually see this having an actual future?”

“Mikey, when did you become such a girl?” I asked laughing. He didn’t respond, he stared at me waiting for an answer, he was being serious. I shrugged. I liked the idea of going out with her, I have no idea if I even want to get married and stuff like that. I have never seen myself as the marrying type. “I don’t know if I want to have a permanent married future with anyone. I’m not old enough to have to think about that kind of thing.”

“I’m younger than you and I know I want all of that, I want to get married and have kids and wake up and see the same beautiful face every morning.” Mikey can be a sap sometimes.

“Well it takes longer than some to decide,” I snapped a little. I didn’t want to think about all of that before Natalie and I had even gotten into a serious relationship. We’re not technically boyfriend and girlfriend yet. We’re not technically serious or exclusive and serious. “Can we talk about something else, something less relationshippy, something more light. What’s gone on in New Jersey since I left, tell me everything?”

“Well, not much for me really, everything is fine with me and mum and dad.” Mikey shrugged. I was relying on drama at home being the focal point so I wouldn’t have to discus my relationship as much as Mikey wanted me to. “But don’t try to change the subject, you’re going to have to think about that kind of stuff one day.”

“I know that Mikey, but just not today. Besides, she’s like just turned 18, girls that age have not planned their hole lives, they like to be teenagers and live in the moment.” It’s surprising how Mikey likes to think he knows so much more than I do about everything.

“You’re wrong their Gee, have you never heard a thirteen year old talk about their wedding, or their kids names? You’re a teacher you must over hear that kind of stuff all the time.” I guess he had a point. Damn him. Why does he have to use my life against me?

“Whatever Mikey, I am not asking Natalie to marry me tomorrow, so this is not an issue.”

“Ok, but think about it more than you have been. And if you don’t see a future with you and Natalie, do NOT string her along. She is a nice girl and I don’t want her to get hurt.” He instructed me. “I’m going to get some sleep. See you tomorrow?”

“Yeah, Natalie’s coming round in the morning, by the way, she’s going to make me work, so you will have to occupy yourself until after lunch and then we’ll have some brotherly bonding time.” He nodded and went upstairs to my spare room. I thought about going to sleep myself, I would have to get up early to start with work. But then I reminded myself that I had an episode of CSI waiting for me on sky plus!
♠ ♠ ♠
That was the chapter from Gerard's point of view in case you didn't realise. Oh and it's only 12 days til I see My chemical romance! In case you were wondering. Comments? I have a few chapters done and the more people comment the more likely I am to update faster. Enjoy!