Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 31

New years rolled around fast. My friends all came round in the day.

“So, tell me, one more time, why you can’t come out with us tonight?” Becky asked me, we were all sitting around my TV watching some re-run of an old TV show I don’t like but Sarah and Annie love.

“Because I promised me dad I wouldn’t go out tonight and I would spend time with my mum and dad. Family time he calls it. He said since we haven’t spent time as a family much this year we should start as we plan to go on. So he wants to be spending the first moments of new years together and therefore spend the whole night together. Lame I know. I told him, I’m 18 I should be able to do what I want and that this is a ridiculous thing to do to a teenager. But he bribed me.” I said, with a frown to add to my act. I had come up with this whole story last night and I was proud of it!

“Fine, but you have to promise to meet up before school starts.” Kayla said holding out her pinky. I rolled my eyes and pinky promised her and then everyone else jumped in and I had to promise to everyone.

It was getting close to the time I had set aside to get ready and no one had left. And I had no real reason to ask them to leave. I was starting to get a bit twitchy and started to watch the clock a bit too much. If I wanted to look decent tonight they needed to leave. They just all look too comfortable. Now my new found acting skills needed to be put into place.

“Shit!” I said a little too loud looking at look clock in a dramatic manner.

“What?” Sarah asked pausing the television.

“My dad is going to be home any second and I promised I would tidy up and be ready to start family fun. Do you guys mind leaving so I don’t get in any trouble?” I asked as I dashed around the room picking things up and making it looked like I was in a hurry to tidy up.

“Yeah sure, it’s fine, I didn’t realise the time, we need to all go get ready anyways.” Becky said hugging me. I saw them out and gave them each their hugs goodbye. When I was sure they were at least half way down the road I ran up the stairs and into my bathroom.

I wasn’t ready when Gerard and Mikey arrived to pick me up. Well they were stopping by for an hour or two before we went anyway. More bonding time and because we didn’t want to be the first ones there.

I ran down the stairs holding my wireless straightner in one hand and a hairspray in the other, I was holding a hairbrush in my teeth. I used my elbow to open the door and Gerard seemed shocked, I’m normally all put together and punctual when he sees me. I make a point to be ready when he gets to my house and I make a point not to be late to school. The only time I have been late to school was way before Gerard started teaching at my school.

“I swear she’s always ready when I get here.” Gerard said to Mikey. I rolled my eyes and let them in. I dropped the brush so I could talk to them.

“I know I’m late, but my friends wouldn’t leave.” I said letting out a frustrated sigh. “Can you guys entertain yourselves while I go make myself pretty?” I said running my straightner through my hair again.

“Yeah sure, will I get the grand tour after?” Mikey asked. He seems to like grand tours. I ran back up to my room and finished my process of getting ready. It took me another fifthteen minutes to finish my hair and my pull on the outfit I had picked out. “When’s the tour going to begin?” Mikey called up the stairs. I decided on leaving make to later and entertaining my guests now.

“Now, if you’re that desperate for a tour,” I said running down the stairs. “But I have to do my make up before we leave.” I said glancing in the mirror.

“You look amazing,” Gerard said walking over and kissing me on the cheek. I blushed a little and smiled. Gerard’s kissed me before but never in front of anyone else. “Tour?”

“You’ve seen my house before. What is with you Way’s and your tours?” I said leading them through to my front room. “Front room.” I said. “Dinning room. Kitchen.” We walked back through and up stairs. “This is my room.” The door bell rang when I had opened my door. “Wait right here.” I ran down the stairs and pulled opened my front door. Kayla was stood on my door step with a smile on a her face, she wasn’t just dropping by to say hello. Gerard was upstairs and she can’t see him. She’ll know instantly and out of everyone I know, she’s the one you never ever tell a secret to. Becky told her about a guy she went out with and some of the stuff he did to her and it was around the school in a week. It took some time for them to become friends again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates my not be too often, once a week? I'm doing NaNoWriMo, so I am focusing on that, but when I take breaks or get writers block I will write this and maybe one of my other stories which is on hiatus, strangers in the rain, if you wanna read it go ahead, if not read it tell me what you think, I have a few ideas of what should happen next. Enjoy!