Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 33

Gerard drove us to his house. We still had some time to kill. But now our location had changed. We were sat in his front room playing a brutal game of Halo. I suck at Halo and for some reason the Way’s had picked up on this and had decided to team up against me. I was losing so bad I was considering just committing suicide three times to just finish this whole thing off. I didn’t have the chance to implement my plan, Mikey shot me with his sniper.

“Have you realised that you’re not very good?” Gerard said nudging me with his elbow. I nudged him back, making him miss me. “You cheater!”

“You nudged me first.” I said, I tried to shoot Mikey, but he saw me coming. “I seriously suck at these games. When can I drop out and just leave you two to play?” I complained trying my best to run and hide. Gerard and Mikey focused on hunting down one another rather than me for the next couple of minutes. They were too focused on killing one another to answer me.

I know that since Gerard moved here they don’t spend time doing this, but there’s the internet, there’s the fact they’ve spent the last two weeks together. Do they have to make me play their Halo games?

“Ok, time to leave.” I said. It was finally time to leave for the club. I had lost, I knew that would of happened from the beginning.

The club was busy, very busy, when we arrived. I was glad to see I wasn’t the youngest there either, people in their teens were getting in somehow and being served alcohol. Good to for them! I’ve promised the guy I’m almost dating that I won’t. Gerard took my hand and led me over to the bar, I told hold of Mikey’s wrist to make sure he didn’t get lost in the crowds. When we got to the bar, Gerard looked at my hand in a weird way. I dropped Mikey’s wrist when I saw this. I think the whole fake going out just to put Kayla off the scent thing isn’t sitting well with Gee. Not to self: discuss with Gerard at a later date.

“What you drinking, Nat?” Gerard asked me. I was about to say diet coke with vodka, but that involves alcohol. It took me a little while longer to settle on a different drink.

“Red bull,” if alcohol isn’t there, go with caffeine. Gerard got Mikey’s drink too, he had promised his girlfriend not to get too wasted so he got the same as me, as did Gerard.

An hour later, the place was at full capacity, we were dancing in the crowd, pushed up against half the other people in the club, cheesy songs seemed to be the theme of the night, mixed in with a few favourites of the charts, like Lady GaGa and Flo Rida. I wasn’t paying too much attention to what was going on around me, I had no clue who was where, I just knew Gerard was pretty much pushed against my front and Mikey was somewhere around. Then a popular song came on, I had never heard of it, but apparently everyone else in the place had. They all went crazy, started jumping more, some shoving started, which is how I guess it happened. It was all a blur, people got a bit too shovey, people got a bit too excited, I wasn’t paying attention to much, I had drunk a bit too much caffeine.

I landed on the floor on top of Mikey. I picked myself up and turned to see if Gerard was on the floor or still standing. All I saw was him heading in the opposite direction to me.

“Stay by the bar, I’ll go sort him out,” Mikey shouted in my ear. I nodded. I think he has really got the wrong idea now. I got a bit twitchy when neither of them showed up. I assumed something bad was going down wherever they were. I guessed outside, so I made my way outside. The bar was in sight of the door, my hand was already stamped, so I headed that way.

Somehow it was colder than I thought it would be, I never thought about bringing a decent jacket. I thought I would spend all my time in the club or car, I shivered as soon as the cold air hit me. No one was outside, everyone was enjoying their evening and not sulking about nothing outside. It wasn’t hard to find them though. I heard Mikey’s voice just around the side of the club, in between the club and a warehouse. I walked around the side, rubbing my hands on my arms to try and retain some warmth, they were standing there, Gerard smoking, arguing as quietly as they could. I walked over, they shouldn’t be arguing about me, it’s a pointless argument whatever way you look at it.

“What’s going on?” I asked Gerard.

“Come on don’t act like you’re not throwing yourself at my brother,” Gerard was doing everything he could not to shout at me. I was a little taken back by how angry he was with me.

“Excuse me. Do you really think I would put your job on the line and my safety, just so I could throw myself at someone I’m not even interested in.” Gerard blinked a couple of times. “Why would I be interested in Mikey? Do you think I would be spending this much time with you? We would both get in more trouble than we can imagine if anyone found out. I could have told Kayla about everything, I could have just let her get on with it, but I thought I would protect the both of us. When I have I ever shown any true interest in Mikey, please tell me, because I would love to know?” Gerard was shocked for a second. He couldn’t respond. “Yeah, just what I thought.”

Please read Authors note!
♠ ♠ ♠
I had an idea! But I'm not sure about it, I might get the character of Gerard to die his hair red in the story, but I'm not sure. What do you think? Red or not red. I like red hair on the real guy, but as a teacher I'm not too sure if they would let him do that during school but could be a good story line....