Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 34

I stormed round to the back of the club and sat on top of a wooden crate. I tried to keep it quiet that I was crying. I knew seeing a teacher would all go terribly wrong one day.

“Hey,” Mikey sat down next to me.

“Sorry, if us sitting next to one another is making you think I am into you. I’m not.” Mikey chuckled.
“I’m not into you either,” he put his arm around my shoulder. “I just though you could use a friend right now.” I sniffed, I didn’t want to need comforting. “I know what’s up, but is there anything else you want to get off your chest.”

“It’s just, this whole teacher thing is hard. Having to avoid everyone, lie to my friends. It’s wearing away at me.” Mikey just rubbed my shoulder, I guess he couldn’t think of anything useful to say. I just needed a friend who I could talk to at the moment and I guess that person has become Mikey. Not that he can be, Gerard will think too much of it.

“You need to talk to Gerard, I’ll go find him.” I didn’t try to stop him, he had already left. It took Gerard a while to get out here, I guess he must have had more talking to do with Mikey. By the time he did come outside I was freezing cold. I would have gone inside, but I didn’t want anyone even more pissed at me, so I stayed put. I heard him before I saw him.

“Why are you sitting out here in the cold still?” I turned, trying to make my teeth stop chattering, to see Gerard taking his thick leather jacket off and placing it around my shoulders. I was too grateful for the warmth to refuse it.

“I w-w-was told to wait here; I didn’t want you to be more mad at me than you already are,” I said, my teeth calming as the jacket began to take effect. Gerard sat down where Mikey had been a few minutes ago. Neither of us spoke for a while, I wasn’t sure what to say.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been ridiculously jealous today. I wanted tonight to be perfect but things don’t seem to have gone that way.” Gerard said, I turned my head to look at him while he spoke, “I know technically we’re not even going out, but I thought things were heading that way. And because of that when I heard about the whole thing that you were telling Kayla it got me a bit stirred, I guess I do get a bit jealous.”

“You do realise I told Kayla what I told her because it was the conclusion she said, before either Mikey or I had even spoken. No matter what I said it was her story. And it’s Kayla, it’s not like I told a teacher or something.”

“Come on Nat, you know Kayla, your entire year will be hearing about you and some guy named Michael and although I know we’re not going out yet I don’t like the idea of you going out with anyone but me. Which is why I got so angry. I know you were pushed over on top of Mikey but when I saw it, it was like a nightmare coming alive.” Gerard let out a long sigh. “I know things have been tough on the both of us and they’re going to be tough, but we just have to handle problems as they come.”

“Just assure me everything is alright between us and between you and Mikey. Don’t let me or any other girl get in between you two. No girl will ever be worth how close you two are.” I don’t have a sibling and I know how close they are, nothing should ruin that. It would crush them both if they stopped talking or something like that.

“Yeah, everything is fine. This isn’t our first argument and it certainly isn’t out worst one.” Gerard held my hand in mine. “Now, I’m getting cold, the countdown is in like five minutes, let’s go find Mikey.” He half dragged me to the club. It didn’t take us too long to find Mikey, he was the only one not crammed onto the dance floor, jumping up and down, he was in the corner texting, I guessed he was texting his girlfriend. I felt bad for him, he must be missing her a lot, especially with all these couples around.

“Come on little bro, let’s go get ready for the New Year,” Gerard said grabbing Mikey in his other hand and dragging us both into the crowd. Gerard seemed a lot happier now, jumping up and down and just generally enjoying himself. It didn’t take long for the countdown to begin.

“10!” I shouted with everyone else in the club. I felt Gerard grab my hand, I turned around to see him pulling me towards him.

“9!” I couldn’t see Mikey and I swear he was standing next to Gerard a few minutes ago.

“8!” Gerard pulled me a little closer to him.

“7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2!” Gerard leaned down. “1!” I thought Gee was going to say happy new year, but instead he kissed me. Everyone else was exchanging congrats and kissing or just kissing cheeks. Gerard was still kissing me, this was going on for longer than he had ever kissed me before.

“Will you be my girlfriend, Natalie?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Red it is, I have written ahead so it may take a few chapters to appear!I would have made my mind up myself but when it comes to fanfiction I can't make decisions I always ask the people who read it! So if I have any more decisions to be made I will let you know! Enjoy!