Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 36

“Natalie!” Mikey smiled. “I didn’t know you worked here. Did you know Natalie worked here, Gerard? Of course you didn’t you’re just her teacher, I’m secretly dating this girl you know. Well, I think I will have a diet coke.”

“Shut up, Mikey,” Gerard said, he couldn’t help smiling a little though. “And I’ll have a diet coke as well.”

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked writing that down. “If my boss finds out that I have friends here on a busy day he won’t be impressed.”

“Well, Mikey got hungry and you said that this place was opening after the renovations and it was good food.” Gerard smiled. “You won’t get in trouble for good customer service will you?” I shook my head, “well that’s what you’re providing.”

“Guys, I haven’t seen my girlfriend in like 3 weeks, stop with the innuendos.” I could see the how Mikey came to that but I don’t think he meant it that way. I laughed and shook my head. “He left out the other reason why we had to come here. I had no say in the matter. He just had to see you, he had to see his girlfriend, he couldn’t stop thinking about you and so he twisted my arm into coming here. He almost peed himself when I agreed.” Gerard blushed at looked down at his menu, I guess Mikey wasn’t lying.

“To change the subject, before someone over hears you, what do you guys want to eat or do I need to give you more time?” Mikey saying that thing about me being Gerard’s girlfriend did make me feel a little happy on the inside. But not in that way, in an oh my gosh he really is dating me sort of way.

“I would like a coke and burger,” Gerard smiled giving me back his menu.

“I think I will have the same!” Mikey smiled giving me his menu. “But no relish crap and plenty of ketchup, or no tip for my future sister in law.” I checked fast that my boss wasn’t around and lightly hit Mikey with the menus. He took it well though. I walked over to the bar to give the order and as I was taking the menus over to a new table I saw something poking out of the top of one of them, it must have moved up a bit when I smacked Mikey. I pulled it out; it was a folded piece of paper, with my name on the front written in Gerard’s handwriting. I tucked it into my pocket to read when I got a break at some point. I couldn’t wait that long, I swear the thing was burning a hole in my pocket through to my skin.

“Hey, Kev, I gotta pee, so cover for me,” I winked at him to let him know it wasn’t just my bladder which was causing me to go into the staff toilets. He gave me a wink back and covered my tables while I was away. I pulled the paper out a little bit nervous as to what it might say. It said,

“Dear Natalie,

Since I promised to spend a relationship free day with Mikey I won’t be able to ask you this in person but I know that I want to see you. And hopefully you’ll want to see me. Which is why I convinced Mikey to come and eat here! Anyway, do you want to come shopping with me and Mikey tomorrow? Mikey doesn’t know I have asked you this, but he won’t mind. He wants to get some stuff for Alicia and I need some art supplies. I also need your opinion on something. Just write something on the bill, although I do think your boyfriend should get some kind of discount.

Miss you like crazy.

Love

Gerard
X”

Of course I want to hang out with him. I assume he’s chosen an out of town shopping destination though. I can’t wait until I have left and we don’t have think everything through anymore. I kind of wanted to keep the note, I stuff it back into my pocket and pulled an empty piece of paper off of my pad and scribbled out a quick yes. Before heading back to their table I grabbed a napkin and placed the note inside, poking out just a little bit so Gerard will hopefully see it. I picked the drinks up from the bar on my way over.

“Here you go,” I said placing them in front of them. “Anything else?” I asked.

“Well I am sure my older brother is dying for a hug or a kiss or something, but I’m good,” Mikey smiled. Gerard just smiled and nodded and pointed to his cheek.

“Right there would be nice.”

“I would but that’s a bit too much costumer service, don’t you think,” I said placing the napkin in front of Gerard and another next to Mikey so it didn’t look to weird.

“No, I think it would be rather appropriate,” Gerard smiled. I shook my head and walked away. I hid behind the bar, I could see their table from where I was, but their view of me was obstructed. Gerard had found the note tucked away and put it in his pocket. He got up and headed this way so I went over to another table so he didn’t see me watching them. Instead I pretend to be interested in their orders while he walked past me, brushing his hand along my back as he went, I wrote that order down all wrong.

“So things with you and the teacher going well then?” Kevin asked me while I was picking up an order from the kitchen. I ignored him comment so I didn’t say anything I might regret later. “Come on Nat, don’t tell me that I’m wrong, I just saw you two out there and then there’s the fact you went to the toilet, both me and you know that you wouldn’t tell me to cover if you did, you only take like seconds to pee at work. Spill.” Kevin said leaning on the counter in the kitchens blocking my way. “I’m not moving until you tell me.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, and can you keep it down, I don’t want the hole world to know about my private life.” I said picking up the tray. I knew I was stronger than Kevin, I always beat him at arm wrestling, and he needs to work out more. “Come on Kev, I’ve got an education to pay for here.”

“I will be calling you tonight to discuss this.” Kevin warned letting me past him.

I was on my way to pick up the Way’s food when I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me into the corridor where the toilets are. I almost screamed but a hand was placed across my mouth. I wasn’t sure who would want to kidnap me. Then two names flashed through my head. James and Max. I kicked in the general direction of the shin area and I felt my foot connect. The hand on my mouth dropped and I realised it was neither of those people. It was Gerard. I let out a breath in the relief, wasn’t sure what I would of had to have done if it was either Max or James. Good news is I haven’t heard from either of them over Christmas since my run in with Max. Haven’t seen either of them ‘watching’ me either. I just hope they don’t get wind of ‘Mikey and I’ that might add some fuel to their fire.

“What was the kicking all about?” Gerard asked, he was still in pain, he was standing one leg.

“Self-defence?” I smiled. I hoped he would forgive me, we’re not supposed to serve friends but we’re not supposed to kick costumers either. Gerard just smiled a little. “What was with all the grabbing?”

“I thought I would go with the dramatic approach.” Gerard shrugged. “I will be picking you up at 8 o clock tomorrow, so drag your lazy little but out of bed early, ok?”

“I am not lazy. I enjoy sleep and I will, I guess I will have to, won’t I?” I sighed.

“Yes, you will, if you want to see me that is.” Gerard smiled. “Now, I have to get back before Mikey starts to ask questions.”

“Like I don’t have the same problem.” I said, but Gerard wasn’t listening to me fully. He was making sure Mikey wasn’t looking too agitated. He leant down and kissed me quickly before dashing off.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will probably be all before Christmas, but I will be writing still, not on Christmas day that is, I would expect the next chapter before new years! I have the hole of January with nothing to do but read and write. I'm starting some of my old stories up as well and doing a few my chem related competitions. Enjoy!