Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 41

I sat on my bed with the phone pressed to my face, he wasn’t picking up. Must be driving or something. I felt like I was being watched, for the first time since Max had said I was going to be, I felt like I was being watched. I drew my curtains since paranoia was kicking in I wanted to make sure that they couldn’t watch my room from now on. I don’t think I will be opening my curtains much for a while. Not only did I feel watched I felt alone, Gerard wasn’t answering his phone, Kayla was pretty much no longer a friend to me and I hadn’t spoken to my friends in a while.

After half an hour of self pitty I picked myself off the floor and tried Gerard’s phone again. I wasn’t sure what he would be up to. I wasn’t with him because Mikey was leaving tomorrow, he was spending some time with him before he went and helping him pack. I was going with him to the airport tomorrow, and then school starts up again and life goes on like it used to. It’s like that when you’re in school, there’s normal life when you’re in school and there’s a routine in place, this continues when you start work just look at my parents. Then there’s the times of your life when you don’t have to go to school, weekends, holidays, sick days, when you decide what you do and the routine is broken.

Gerard didn’t pick up again. I left a message but I didn’t want to worry him too much so I made it sound light and breezy, I was in the neighbourhood thought I would just drop in his inbox and what not. I thought it sounded convincing but whether Gerard knew me enough to pick up on this cover I wasn’t sure.

I woke up in a panic, I hadn’t had the most pleasant dream. I knew I wouldn’t remember it so I just got out of bed and went to the kitchen. To my shock my parents were awake and making breakfast. I don’t eat meals with my family unless it is a special occasion or they have rather big news to tell me. The last time I was sat down was when dad was getting a promotion. My dad works with my mum, that’s why I don’t see them, she started off as his assistant when he was made an assistant director at some business I don’t care much about. Now she is at his old position and he is one of the directors.

“Morning honey, we don’t normally see you at this time in the morning.” Dad smiled, he was sat in his chair reading the paper. He was sitting where Gerard had sat the night he slept round without my knowing.

“Bad dream?” My mother asked me while she cooked my dads breakfast. I shook my head and sat down. “It’s a good thing actually.”

“Why?” I asked. I thought my own mother would be a little more sympathetic to my nightmares but apparently I am mistaken.

“Your father and I wanted to talk to you about something and well we’ve all been busy so I suppose this is the best time.” Mum placed dad’s breakfast in front of him and started on mine and hers. When it comes to my house careers are a must for everyone but after that dad likes mum to cook and clean. I have talked to him about how ridiculous this idea is but he doesn’t listen to me about things like that. In his world what he says goes. I gave up arguing with the knowledge that mum seemed happy and I wouldn’t have to live with him forever.

“Well what is it?” I asked as I poured myself a glass of milk.

“Your mother and I have been a little worried about since your brake up with James. He was such a nice boy.” My mother smiled. If only they knew the hole story and not the party line I fed them to shut them up. “One of the women I work with has a son about your age, just a little older so we thought maybe you could go and get to know him. Maybe spend some time with him. Add him on the bookface thing.” My parents were trying to set me up with some more I don’t even know. He could be anyone. And I am in a relationship I am very happy in. Not that I can tell them that, they would want to know all about him.

“What? Why?” My mum and dad picked up on the fact I wasn’t as thrilled as they expected them to be.

“We thought you would love the idea.” Dad smiled. “He’s smart and his parents are very successful, he is quite the looker from what I have seen.” My dad now thinks he knows what a good looking guy looks like?

“It’s not about the guy its.” My parents looked at me while I tried to figure out a good lie to attach to the end of that sentence.

“Well?” My mum said placing my breakfast in front of me and sitting down. I took a few bites to delay from having to answer their questions. I wasn’t going out with this guy. I didn’t want to meet this guy.

“Look can we talk about this later, I have plans today.” I swallowed my last mouthful and left the kitchen to start getting ready. I didn’t need to be at Gerard’s for a while but in order to avoid the set up conversation I need to avoid my parents. It’s not like we normally see each other all the time. I did wonder why they thought I would need their help in the romance department. Sure they knew about James and the break up but they don’t see me enough to know whether or not I am in some kind of downward spiral.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter. One of my friends is reading this over my shoulder so I am going to leave the note there. Enjoy!