Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 45

Gerard’s POV

I couldn’t resist seeing my GIRLFRIEND one last time before I walked into meetings galore. I love teaching, I love inspiring kids to love art and create, it’s the best feeling but the other side of teaching is bugging me. The paper work, the meetings, the grading. And this morning is as bad as it gets, meetings about the new term and grades and what’s going on and roles and responsibilities. My nightmare.

“I hope everyone had a good Christmas break,” the head said, we were all crammed into the staff room, the smell of coffee and tea was in the air. I tuned out while I relived my favourite parts of my Christmas, pretty much all of them apart from one with just Mikey and I, involved Natalie. Being back wasn’t going to do our relationship much good, since we were not going to be seeing as much as each other and we’re going to have to spend a lot of time working on covering our relationship up while we are in school.

The meeting was over in a reasonable time. The rest of the morning we spent catching up. I would normally chat with everyone but I didn’t really pay attention to the chit chat going on until the head of year thirteen, Mr. Jacobson started talking to me.

“Gerard, how was your break?”

“Good, my little brother came over from America.” A few of the other teachers had wondered over to join our conversation.

“I’ve heard a few things about some of the students dating from a far.” One of the math teachers who I don’t know said, he was one of the ones whose more comfortable with the kids. He thrives on gossip and his niece is in Natalie’s year so he hears a lot of gossip even if it’s not to do with his age range. I was glancing at the clock waiting until I got to see Natalie in form. “Apparently some girl in year thirteen is dating a guy called Michael, I do believe her name is Natalie. No one knows much about this Michael character, I hear he doesn’t live in this country but that could be a lie.” I stopped listening. It had gotten to the teachers. I would never hear the end of my brothers character dating my girlfriend. I walked away without saying much. I didn’t want to hear it anymore.

I headed to my form fuming, I felt like strangling someone. All thoughts of wanting to be in form had left my head, now all I wanted to do was kill someone. If Max or Kayla happen to stumble in my path there’s a chance I might just hurt them.

I made my form sit in silence and took the register. I kept them that way so I didn’t have to over hear all their gossip and sip my fresh cup of coffee in quiet. I would normally talk with my form after a holiday find out what they got up to, I like to have a good relationship with student’s especially my form, but not today, today I don’t want to hear the teenage drama.

“Well, have you been dating someone new?” Becky asked Natalie after I had told everyone to get going to their first lesson of the day. Apparently Becky had heard the latest and it was being rubbed in my face even more. “Michael or something?” Natalie was going to have to do something about this soon. If I kept hearing about her and Mikey’s little character then I think I would snap.

“Girls, this isn’t the time or place for chit chat, you have A levels to be taking, now get to first period.” I couldn’t bring myself to look at Natalie as she left the room. I just snapped at them and then pretend to get on with some stupid admin work. I knew it was an overreaction. Natalie and I knew that she was going out with me and not some other guy. I just wish I could tell them it was me. I kind of wish she could gossip with her friends about her real boyfriend, but that can never happen. Not while I work here and even then the amount of hassle we would both face if it did come out would be ridiculous.

I was glad my first lessons were all younger years. They don’t tend to talk about year thirteen, it would give me some time to think while they got on with their work. After all this thinking I wanted to chat with the one person not at this school who knows about all of this. Call’s to America are expensive but sometimes it’s worth it to talk to your little brother.

“Hey Gee, when you dying that hair of yours?” Natalie and I had yet to dye my hair red, we were supposed to do it before school but that never happened. I may need to bleach my hair blonde so the red will take properly to my hair.

“Soon, look, Mikey I need to talk to you about Natalie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm putting this up earlier than I usually would cos I have nothing else to do this evening than listen to music and write. I am thinking about writing some of this stuff and things I haven't worked on for ages. Someone, sorry my internet won't let me look who cos I am watching youtube and it hates doing too much at once, asked if All time low was good. It was freaking amazing. Not as good as MCR. Planetary Go is coming out soon and I was at the shoot for that so I am pumped to see if you can see me in it! Anyways back to writing and watching Hank Green!