Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 47

No one talked about my fake boyfriend, and no one knew about my real one. By the time art came around I just wanted to it all to be out in the open. I was fed up with people wanting to know about boys. I was fed up with the male kind in general. If Max had come within hitting distance he would have been at the receiving end of my anger. I was sure about it. Mr. Way seemed in a better mood but he was by no means happy. The hole class picked up on this. We hadn’t had a decent conversation since our last one before school in the car yesterday. It was driving me crazy that he was letting a stupid rumour get between us. I knew he had spoken to Mikey, I just wondered how much good that has really done.

My artwork was more graphic and male hating than usual. I’m not known for pictures of bunnies or anything but this one was on the top of those which would not be shown to children, that I have made.

Mr. Way seemed to pick up on this too. But I didn’t find out until I was at home. I suppose he was marking our work earlier than he normally does. He still isn’t one for getting things done early, but my classes artwork but have jumped to the top of his pile. I couldn’t help but think it had something to do with me and the past few days. I was eating my dinner when he rang. I thought it was going to be my mum trying to bring up the subject of fix up boy. We hadn’t spoken about it since, I know it’s going to come along at some point. I wish I could somehow tap my parents into the Michael rumour. But in a way that could lead to more harm than good.

“Hey, Natalie.” Some improvement.

“What’s up?” I knew he must be calling for some negative reason or another. Call me a pessimist but he if it was for something good his tone would be a lot lighter.

“I just wanted to make sure you’re ok, I haven’t seen much of you lately. I miss you.” A major improvement.

“Well, when you snap at me for talking with Becky it kind of turns me off a bit.” I heard him mumble to himself on the other end of the phone.

“I’m sorry. I know I have been acting moody for a not very good reason lately and I know I shouldn’t and I am going to work on it. Promise. But right now I need your help with something very important.” His tone changed towards the end of it. He seemed like his usual light hearted self. I was happy enough to let the subject slide. For now.

“And what might that be?”

“Well I was just marking some work and I think I need to talk to a student, they’re worrying me. I need you to come round and give me your opinion. I need a younger females perspective.”

“Sorry can’t, my art teacher was being a right bitch today and set me a tone of homework.” I smothered my laughter at the end.

“I suppose if you came round I might be able to help you with that homework of yours.” I could kind of tell he was smiling. “And then you can help me with my problem.”

He let me in before I had even knocked on the door. Before I could even walk in he had wrapped his arms around me, pulled me close and kissed me until I couldn’t breathe any longer. We had never kissed for that long before. It took my breath away because I couldn’t breathe but I was sure that wasn’t the only reason I was feeling a little light headed.

“I’m sorry,” he said, he kissed my cheek once before taking my hand and leading me inside. “I have been a bitch and I am sorry.” I accepted his apologies before he could keep going on about it. “So tell be about this bitch of an art teacher.”

“Well he used to have black hair but recently he died his hair red and it’s made him like so much more sexy.”

When I mentioned that he had died his hair red his cheeks turned the same shade he had died his hair. “What else?”

“What else do you want to know?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that the kissing scene isn't better. I am not good at writing them so they always end up all awkward. I have never written anything above R for that reason, I may if I get better one day. Enjoy!