Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 50

After finally shaking off the fake boyfriend I was able to concentrate on my life with my actual boyfriend. It didn’t take long for me to begin to fall in love with him. It was by no means an instant head over heels feeling but I could tell I was getting there. I would make excuses to go over to his in the evenings, I would talk to him on the phone while he marked work, he would come round if my parents weren’t in and watch me do my homework while pretending to plan lessons, but we kept ourselves professional at school. The new year had come around far too fast and before I knew what was happening it was March already.

“Prom’s coming up,” Mr Jacobson said, holding up one of the fliers I had seen littering the doors and notice board of the sixth form common room and locker way. I sighed to myself. I wasn’t going. I'm not the Prom going type. I looked around at my friends. I saw mixed reactions, Becky was of course going with her latest - and according to her - greatest. Sarah is the typical Prom going type, so she’ll go and hang around with Kayla, Becky and her boyfriend. Annie looked like I felt. Fed up of Prom talk. I tuned our head of year out for the rest of the assembly and instead doodled on my notebook while trying to not look at Mr Way. I failed miserably, but he wasn’t doing much better either.

“Prom,” Gerard said later that day. We were lying in his back garden, cloud watching. I shrugged and I felt him pull my face to look at his. “You’re not going?”

“Come on, do you really see me, Natalie Gordon, as the Prom going girl, who wears some silly dress and stumbles around in high heels and swaying to crappy music, with her friends?” I said, I rested my chin on his chest and he ran his fingers through my hair.

“No, I see you, Natalie Gordon, a very beautiful girl going to prom in a beautiful dress and converse.” He smiled. He lent forwards and kissed my forehead. “Besides all sixth form tutors are required to chaperone and it won’t be the same without you. And they’re letting you guys drink, if you’re eighteen and think how much fun you and your friends will have.” He was just buttering me up, for one of his sick pleasures he wanted to see me suffer and go to Prom.

“But who am I supposed to go with, nearly everyone is going to have a date. I don’t want to be the only single sad sap, standing in the corner gradually getting more and more drunk. Besides why’s alcohol being there such a crowd pleaser for you, you don’t drink.”

“It isn’t and no I don’t,” his face changed when he said this. Normally its light hearted but when he talks about alcohol and stuff like that it gets serious and then he always changes the subject. “I do want to see at least one person who doesn’t bore me. Please. I promise I will take you out tonight if you do go.” We don’t go out much, in case someone from school sees us. “And to finish off, you can’t go with anyone, your secret boyfriend will most likely get insanely jealous, seeing you in the arms of another guy and dancing with him, him letting you get drunk with him and taking advantage of you.”

“Yes, but if I go alone people will ask questions suspicions will rise and the truth may be revealed about my oh so secret boyfriend. And none of that stuff would happen, I would just let him hold my coat and bag while I dance with my friends.” I smiled. I’ve seen Gerard jealous before and it’s both a little amusing and a little sexy. Well him being all possessive when we’re next alone is at least. “I guess we can talk about dates. Later. Where are you taking me tonight?” I asked jumping up and holding out my hand to help him stand. He smiled grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me into his lap.

“I was thinking maybe, bowling.” He said in between kissing my neck softly. I giggled, because it was starting to tickle and because I love bowling.

“I guess, I will have to suck it up and go to prom then.” I sighed all dramatic.

“If there is any sucking to be done it will be done in privacy not at Prom thank you very much,” he said as I dragged him inside.

“Now come on are you going to take me home so I can get ready or shall I just walk?” I asked picking up my bag and pulling on my shoes. He picked up his keys and away we went!

“Strike! I am the master of bowling,” I said happy dancing my way back to a sad - epic failing at bowling- Gerard. He sighed and got up to take his next go. And I am not about to deny the fact I watched his behind while he bowled. And I am also not going to deny that I liked what I saw. He managed to knock down five pins first throw and then three the next time. “Ah, I'm sorry you’re not as good as me. But we can’t all be perfect.” He gave my ass a cheeky slap as I went up to take my go.

I ended up winning both games. But the real event started in the arcade afterwards. I wanted to play guitar hero and I challenged and beat Gerard. After that we were enjoying ourselves so much we ended up spending quiet a lot of time in the arcade.

And then we played the game I knew he would beat me at. A shot ‘em up game, with plastic guns and a huge screens. I sighed as I agreed to play with him.

“I'm rubbish,” I sighed as I lost for the second time.

“Come on, I'll show you how you do it,” he stood behind me and place his hands over mine. He was doing a cute showing me from behind sort of thing you see in the movies. I smiled and leant back against him a little. Then I realised something.

“Gee, we can’t do this in a public place, someone might see us,” I said looking around for any students or staff from the school. But no one I knew was around, the bowling alley is pretty far away from town so people only come for special occasions or dates. It was kind of empty at the moment.

“Shh, no ones around, this place is basically deserted.” He whispered in my ear. He started helping me with the game and I started winning against the aliens trying to eat me. “See you’re better already.” I smiled. I twisted around to look up at him. But something else caught me eye. I could see the lanes from here, and I could see a teacher from my school with a few other members of staff. This was my head of year who knew me pretty well since he’s also my science teacher.

“Gerard, Mr. Jacobson is over there.” I said in a whispered tone. Although he wouldn’t be able to hear us. Since we were quiet far away. If he looked our way he may not even see it was us unless he gets a little bit closer. So we had to leave. Separately and since it may seem suspicious that we leave immediately after on another one of us would have to go un seen and you have to go via the lanes to get out. “One of us needs to go unseen so no questions are asked.” Gerard let go of me and jumped back a little. I kind of ran into the picture booth thing but Gerard didn’t have the time to follow me so we could discuss our plan. Mr. Jacobson had seen us. I picked my feet up to rest in front of me, then he wouldn’t wonder why there were no pictures being taken.

“Gerard! What a coincidence?” He said when he reached him.

“It is Andrew, it is,” ha, his name is Andrew. I held in a giggle. I couldn’t make a sound. I heard Gerard’s voice wasn’t normal it seemed tense and urgent. I would have taken a peak but I didn’t want to risk anything. “So what are you doing here?”

“Well some of the staff and I thought we’d have a few games after a meeting today.” He said with a slight smile. I could hear he was cheerful. “What are you doing all the way out here? You on a date?”

“Nope, just thought I would come play some video games,” he was kind of ok at lying and this one wasn’t convincing. He needed to learn to lie better. To make up complicated stupid stories on the spot that no one wants to hear. Then they grow bored and don’t question you. Just one statement leads to questions. “I was just leaving actually so I guess I will see you on Monday.” I heard him begin to walk away with Mr. Jacobson. I peeked from behind the curtain. They were walking away together. As soon as Mr. Jacobson’s back was turned I made my escape. I ran through the alleys without making too much sound. Ducking behind a shelf of bowling balls when I got to his lane. When I was saw he was occupied and so was everyone else with in putting names. I ran the rest of the way to the exit.

I got outside and took some shaky breathes, running requires a lot of oxygen and I was not prepared for that. Gerard was waiting for me in his car. I walked over checking over my shoulder as I went.

“I am so sorry about that.” He said taking my hand in his.

“It’s not your fault that our date was cut a little short. Do you want me to get you some coffee at mine?” Although our time at the bowling alley was cut short I wasn’t ready to part ways just yet. I wanted to spend some more time with him.

“Yeah, are your parents out?” He asked speeding down the motorway.

“No, I thought we could just make out on my sofa while they have their tea.” He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm. “They’re at work, when are they not.” He squeezed my hand. “So, Mr. Jacobson’s first name is Andrew?” I giggled.

“Didn’t you know that?” He said looking over at me while I laughed. “Do you know any other teachers names?”

“Yeah, yours. I know my one of my history teachers names and some of my old teachers names. I like yours the best though,” I smiled, “it suits you.”

“Well thank you Natalie.”

“I don’t like mine though. It’s like my parents put no thought it and just thought of the first name they could and then stuck that on me.”

“That’s not true, I love your name, it’s beautiful.” Gee squeezed my hand.

“I bet you’ve said that to like every girl you’ve ever dated.” I said, raising an eyebrow, I knew I was right, this is the sort of thing every guy says to every girl when they’re trying to get them in bed, or just trying to win some brownie points.

“No I have only ever said that to all the Natalie’s I have ever met. And so what? I do think it’s a great name.”

We went on discussing names and such until we got to my place.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a bit longer, make up for the short one, also won't be updating on weekends anymore, I stay round my boyfriends so I'll chose a good day in the week for over Christmas until late January when uni picks up again. Enjoy!