Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 51

“Have you decided on who I am going to Prom with yet?” I asked Gerard, handing him his coffee. He drunk a good portion of the cup before answering me. I sat down next to Gerard on my sofa.

“Remind me who’s asked you again,” Gerard said, he was unhappy with the topic of conversation I had brought up. But it was what I wanted to talk about. This whole prom business was getting annoying. I wanted to make some definite plans and start buying dresses and such.

“David and Henry,” two nice boys in my year, I have known them my whole school life, they’re part of the very small group of boys who have never picked on me, they keep to themselves and I have stuff in common with both of them. I couldn’t care either way, I knew Gerard would care so I let him decide. He cared more than I did about this whole prom fiasco; it was starting to become a thorn in my side. I think Gerard regrets suggesting I go sometimes. I’m sure he’ll lighten up, just as much as I will when we’re there, pretending not to stare at one another.

“Which one do you like more?”

“Neither, they’re nice, quiet boys, both never been mean to me, both aren’t the type to do unwanted things to girls. It’s all up to you. Have you ever taught or met either of them?” I know David used to do art, but doesn’t take it as an A level. Henry does, but he’s not in my class. He could be one of Gerard’s other classes though.

“I don’t think I have ever seen this David fellow, Henry is in my other A level class. So I’ve known him as long as I have known you give or take a few days.” Gerard said pulling me closer to his side, I leant myself against his chest as he stroked my back.

“So would you prefer a stranger to you or a guy you know?” I asked sipping my coffee.

“I’m not sure, both have their pros and cons, I just wish I could question them and have a justified reason. Would your dad be likely to do something like that?” He knows what I have told him about my family. But he doesn’t seem to remember the most important part of my relationship with my father.

“I think he’s spent about, collectively an hour in the same room as all my previous relationships. He’s spent more time with you at parent teacher evenings, than he ever spent with James. I don’t think he’s going to question the two guys who have asked me to Prom.”

“I will find some way to speak with David, call him into my room, any ideas?” He spoke as if I was the solution to all our problems. I don’t remember ever being the solution to anyone’s problems, I’m ok with advice and making up an ok lie, but coming up with scheming plans is not my forte.

“No, unless he needs help with art or something, but he takes biology, chemistry and maths.” I sighed.

“You seem to know an awful lot about this boy,” Gerard tensed up ever so slightly. I laughed to myself. He does get himself jealous a bit too much over things he really shouldn’t get jealous about. Like the whole Mikey situation, I’m glad that one was fully dealt with in a matter of hours.

“I’ve known him my whole school life, same as Henry, I’ve had to sit next to them both, I’ve worked on projects with them both. David joins in our science lessons when he is behind on work, I just know what courses he takes. But I don’t know everything about him. I know much more about you than I know about either of them.” I stated sitting up so I could look him in the eyes. “If it was up to me, you and I would go to prom together, but that can’t happen. So we will just have to suck it up and get on with it.” He leant forwards and kissed me quickly.

“Well I’m afraid that we don’t always get what we want.” Gerard lied himself down and pulled me with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are going well with getting stuff done. Hope everyone had a good christmas or whatever people celebrate now days! Until the end of January when uni starts up I think uploading will be around Fridayish. Enjoy!