Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 52

“Have you come up with anything yet?” I asked Gerard at lunch, we were sat in the back of his classroom eating our lunches. Gerard looked at me, confused, while he finished his mouthful of food. “How to get to know David more, or just which one I should say yes to, I need to tell them tomorrow, or I’m just being plain rude.”

“Henry, I know him, I have reasons to speak with him if I need to, Henry.” Gerard nodded, I nodded as well and pulled out my phone. “You’re telling him now, over text?” I nodded. “Why?”

“Because, one I have to make sure he knows this is a onetime thing and therefore I cannot appear to like him and two because I can turn David down just after.” I explained, it didn’t take me to long.

“Why do you have their numbers?” Gerard asked, I didn’t look at him while he spoke, I knew this would come up at some point. He was getting jealous and although that can have it’s nice points it isn’t always a good look on Gerard. I waited until I was done before putting my phone on silent and back in my bag.

“Because when they asked me to Prom they gave me their numbers so I could let them know. And I gave them mine.”

“You never told me that.”

“It never came up.”

“Is there anything else you’re not telling me. Is there anything else you haven’t told me in the past? Who else has your number?”

“You want to look through my phone, knock yourself out.” I threw my phone in front of him and waited for him to pick it up. He seemed a bit shocked at first, but then the angry him came back again.

“I see you have Mikey on here.” I couldn’t believe he’s still mad about that. I snatched my phone back and left without looking at him. If he can’t trust me and his brother then who else is he supposed to trust? I found myself sitting outside on a bench when Henry wondered by. He sat down next to me, there was an awkward silence for a bit but Henry broke it eventually. “So why are you out here all alone then, isn’t it lunch time?”

I shrugged, I couldn’t tell him about Gerard. If I can’t trust Annie, I can’t trust him. “Had an argument.” Henry nodded, understanding. Gerard should have been like that about this whole Prom date thing. He is the one who twisted my arm into going, he needs to live with consequences of his decisions. Same as with dating a student, he needs to live with the pros and cons of that if we’re going to have a happy relationship. Or at least he needs to live with it until I am out of school. I wondered what if we do stay together for longer. Does Gerard want to get married? Does he want kids? Do I want to get married? Do I want kids? All I know is I want to go out with him and I want to go to university.

“I guess you don’t want to talk about it, but whoever it was, one of your friends, they’re not worth it, you’re an amazing person, Nat, don’t let people make you feel bad or get you down.” Henry was a nice guy and right now he was acting nicer to me than Gerard was. I placed my hand over his and squeezed a little, like Gerard does to me sometimes.

“Thanks.” I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Class is about to start and I am coming in your art class today.” Henry said getting up. I followed him.

“Why? You’re in another art class, aren’t you?” I asked as we headed inside.

“Yeah, but I’m a bit behind and I can’t work in the common room, too many distractions, so I asked Mr. Way if I could join his class today and he said I could.” Henry smiled. I wondered whether Gerard remembered this or not. When we reached the room, I sat in my normal seat, next to Annie and Henry sat in the seat behind us. Gerard had left so we all waited to find out what he wanted us to do today. Everyone was murmuring, he’s usually already set up on a Tuesday afternoon. It must have something to do with earlier. He came in about two minutes late. I could just about look at him. He was miserable, everyone could tell, they shut up the moment the door closed, he seemed a bit pissed off to.

“Today, pick a page and make some artwork, Natalie can I have a word with you?” He asked pointing to the corridor.
“Regarding your last piece of work.” I nodded, no use in arguing in front of everyone and stood up and waited for him in the hallway. I waited for him to settle down the class and take the register, he came out and closed the door behind him, and I waited for whatever it was he was going to say. I wasn’t sure what he was going to say, I wasn’t sure if he would apologise or if he was going to be angry at me still.

“Listen, if this whole prom thing is going to cause tension and arguments then I don’t want to go anymore, I’ll even pay you back for bowling.” I didn’t want Gerard angry at me and I would probably miss him if we stopped talking. “I’ll delete their numbers, but you have to trust me and Mikey. It’s crazy to think anything would ever happen between Mikey and I.”

“I know,” Gerard said, checking the coast was clear before giving me a quick hug. We pulled apart fast, just in case. “I don’t know what got into me, I trust you and Mikey. And I still want you to go to Prom and everything, I just don’t want to lose you. Not now, those guys are much closer to your age, you wouldn’t get in trouble for dating them and you could go out in public with them without worrying, every time you’re around them or talk about them that’s all I can think about, every time you talk about or talk to another guy that’s all I think about. It makes me a little crazy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the new layout? Enjoy!