Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 53

A week later and things had become better but not great between Gerard and I. It’s not like we weren’t talking or anything, it just seemed tense every time Prom was bought up while he was in the room. For example.

I was sitting with Annie in art, Mr Way was casually wondering around class, making conversation, it was one of those lazy lessons. Annie had just sat down with a paint pallet.

“I think I’m going to get my Prom dress in this colour,” I could see Gerard’s head twitch in our direction ever so slightly.

“I didn’t think you were going to Prom,” I said as smoothly as I could, I needed to get her off of this topic of conversation while Gerard was around, without being too obvious of course. I kept glancing over at him, he hadn’t moved but I just knew he was listening and I knew that him even thinking about this right now wasn’t a good idea.

“Oh, a guy asked me, you know Simon from my form?” Annie asked, I nodded. “Well his cousins friend asked me.” That threw me a little.

“So the he’s a friend of a friend of a friend you don’t know?”

“Yeah, but he’s older and not bad looking,” she smiled. “So seriously do you think this colour would make for a good dress?”

“Sure,” I think it was a blue colour but for all I knew it could have been canary yellow. Gerard still hadn’t moved much, so now was the perfect time to talk about something completely different.

“I hear you’re going with Henry,” Gerard snapped into a standing position and walked in a quick motion to the supply closet at the back, slamming the door behind him. I desperately wanted to run after him and calm him down, but I knew that idea was so stupid that it wasn’t even worth forming completely.

“Yeah, can we talk about this later?” I asked. Annie shrugged and we moved onto her plans for this weekend, staying safely away from any talk of any kind of Promness.

So now I don’t talk about it around him. I avoid it all together. And it works, things are good as long as we talk about safe subjects. But should that be the way a relationship works? Shouldn’t we talk about this stuff and be comfortable talking about anything around one another?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a long time again, long story short, I broke my ankle and I am only just beginning to get back into a normal routine. So heres a short bit. I will get working on some more right now!