The Ponyess Farm

In The Barn:

I had coughed when the dust hit my face. There was no second thought about entering the barn. Maybe I was too excited about the barn, the ponies I expected to see, to let a little dust get in my way?

Maybe a little dust should have been expected in a barn? Even without ponies, the barn should be expected to have just a little dust. There was stairs up to the upper level to the right. I could follow the stairs down, to the left. Choosing to remain on ground level, I found boxes to the right and left. Not sure exactly how extensive the barn is, I was about to find out. All I need do, is to follow the path, and I was to know? First I found ten boxes on each side, then the path split up on both sides. After the first side path, there are ten more boxes. All in all, there are five sets of boxes on the path. As I followed the side path, I found a total of seven paths to the right. There are also seven more paths to the left.

In every corner or the barn, there is a lift to the upper levels. At first, I had expected the feeds to be upstairs. Now I realised, there is no feed upstairs. There are six floors above the ground floor, all identical, lined with boxes. A bus load would hardly fill my barn. As I entered one of the boxes, I find it comfortable, cosy, almost homey. To the right, there is what could be a bed. I could find a table up under the window, facing the door. What kind of ponies was this barn built to house, I silently pondered.

I could see the walls made out of wood, then there are stainless steel-bars, Covering the top three feet of the wall. In the middle of the bars, I found a clear window, four feet long. This way the ponies could see one another, knowing they were not alone. That's always reassuring, both to me, but first and foremost to the ponies.