Secret Love, My Escape, Take Me Far, Far Away

1

“Selene! Selene!” “Jaci!” I yell as my best friend pounces on me as we await the train that will take us to Hogwarts. “I’ve missed you!” she says as she jumps off of my back. “We’re graduating this year! Aren’t you excited?” she smiles widely. “Chill Jaci you’re so scatter-brained. Of course I’m excited.” “You better be. Now let’s go get our cabin.” She grabs my hand and pulls me through the crowd of tiny first years and into the third train car.

“One, two, and three...Ah good…unoccupied like normal.” Cabin three on car three has been mine and Jaci’s since our first year. So pretty much everyone knows not to take it. That and they think that since Jaci is in Slytherin that she’ll go crazy and hex them. And if she’s not weird enough for the both of us, our pairing sure is. The pureblood Ravenclaw girl with a Muggle-born Slytherin. What are the chances of that?

“Oh my god. Did you hear?” she says unexpectedly “Hear what?” “Madame Hooch retired after last year! We’re gonna have a new flying teacher.” “Any idea who?” “Nope. There are some rumors but I doubt any of them are true.” “Well whoever they are, I hope they’re not Quidditch obsessed.” “Ha. You know they will be….they always are…speaking of Quidditch…you should really start playing agai-” “No. I’d like to keep my life thank you very much.” “Since when have you let one little incident stopped you from doing something you love?”

“Since the thing I love almost killed me. We’ve already talked about this. Drop it please.” “Whatever, just don’t complain to me when you start getting out of shape and don’t know why.” “Seriously…Jaci…shut up.” She sticks her tongue out and I return the gesture.

“Do you mind if I-” “How many times have I told you, I don’t care as long as you don’t try to eat poor Mr. Smudgy.” She says motioning to her extremely fat cat that is lying beside her.

I roll my eyes. “Keep him on your side of the cabin and don’t let him attack me and we’ll be good.” “You know…you could get in trouble for this…” “Yea yea yea….I know.” Before she makes another peep I force the bones in my body to change into a form smaller and much more agile than my human self, a silver fox

Yes, I am an animagus, my father taught me at a young age. He always would say ‘this is the best thing for a young witch to learn’. Too bad he didn’t realize that it probably wasn’t the best thing to teach a young child. I curl up my body and tuck my head down and cover it with my tail and before too long I’m asleep.

Before I know it I’m awakened by the sound of our cabin door opening and a thick Scottish accent, one that surpasses my own Irish one. “Do you mind if I---Everywhere else is full.” “Not at all, not at all.” I hear Jaci say almost seductively. I pop my head up out of curiosity and see a man standing there with mesmerizing light brown eyes, a head full of shaggy brown hair, and the most gorgeous grin adorning his face. “Thanks.” he says and sits down beside me. “Ah is this your pet fox?” he asks as he pets my head.

Jaci bursts out laughing. “Hahaha no hahaha that’s my hahaha best friend ahahah!” He gives her a puzzled look. “What?” Before she can answer I change myself back into my human form with his hand still resting on my head. “Bloody hell!” he yells as he quickly removes his hand from my head. “I…uhh…sorry about that.” he says quickly as his face turns beet red. “Hi! Selene McArthur…and you are?” I say holding out my hand. “Oliver Wood. Nice to meet you.” he says shaking my hand. “And this is my friend Jaci Grayson.” she waves slightly. “Hello.” he says quickly.

“Wait aren’t you…oh wow it is you…” I say quietly. “Who is he?” Jaci asks. “Oliver Wood…keeper reserve for Puddlemere United….” “Oh Quidditch talk…you two have fun. I’m gonna read…or something.” “Yea that’s me.” he says quickly. “I’m not a crazed fan or anything, you don’t have to worry about that…I just like to keep up on Quidditch news and who went where from Hogwarts.” “Well that makes me feel a little better. You play?” “Used to…I was a keeper also…but I had a…uhh bad accident…and I’m too afraid to get on a broom anymore.” “Well that’s too bad.” “So why are you back at Hogwarts?” I ask, quickly trying to change the subject. “I don’t really know. McGonagall wrote to me saying she needed to speak with me. And that I should just take the train.” I shrug “Who knows? Especially with McGonagall.” He chuckles “No kidding.”

“So how are things going with Puddlemere?” he looks down at the floor as if to avoid the question. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have asked.” I say quickly. “No no. Its fine. I uhh…well quit…family and some personal stuff …you know?” “Oh well at least it was a good reason. Not some lame excuse like most people, like me. I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have brought it up…so uhm…” Suddenly the train comes to halt and we’re at the school gates. “Jaci. Jaci! Wake up.” I reach across and shake her causing her to jump and wake up. “Well it was nice talking to you Miss McArthur. I better go find Professor McGonagall.” “Please call me Selene. And it was nice talking to you as well Wood.” “Oliver please.” “Goodbye Oliver.” “Goodbye Selene.” He smiles and I feel the blood rush to my face.
“Let’s go Jaci.” I say and drag her from the cabin. We go to the gates and check in with Professor Flitwick and get in one of the carriages. “Now he was gorgeous. Don’t ya think?” Jaci says to me, winking. I blush “You know he is.” “I do think that Duke is up for a bit of competition, don’t you?” I laugh uncomfortably. Duke Parsons has been my boyfriend for the past two years, he is currently also 7th year and is in Hufflepuff. Jaci doesn’t much care for him and he for Jaci. As far as a love life for Jaci is concerned she’s been with Rhys McLaggen (Cormac’s elder brother) since her first year…he graduated during our 5th year and was in Gryffindor. “Oh joy…speak of the devil.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know what you think.

~C