Secret Love, My Escape, Take Me Far, Far Away

11

I woke up to Oliver’s sweet voice. “Good morning love. You need to wake up dear.” “Oli…why?” “Because Selene I would be a horrible teacher if I let you sleep through your classes.” “Humph. Okay fine...but can I uhm...shower?” I ask embarrassed. “Of course love…like I said make yourself at home. You don’t have to ask.” “Thank you.” I kiss him lightly and hop out of bed and head to the shower. I see a set of towels and my uniform and robes already laid out in the bathroom. I smile “He knows me too well.” I say to myself.

I hop in the shower and make it as quick as possible. I jump out and quickly dry off and get dressed…minus the robes quite yet. I put my hair up into a sloppy ponytail and walk out into the kitchen. “Well that was faster than expected…” Oliver says. “I didn’t want to hog the shower Oli.” I say giving Oliver a hug and smelling his t shirt. “Are you saying that I need a shower love?” Oliver asks laughing. “Not at all love.” I say in my best Scottish accent. “You’re just hilarious love.” “I know love, aren’t I?” I say still imitating him. “Ok I’m going to shower. No more accent when I come back.” “Ok ok love. Have fun.”

I smile cheekily and he chuckles and walks off towards the bathroom. I find some cereal in his cabinet and have a small bowl while I’m waiting. I finish quickly and wash my dishes. I sit back on the barstool and wait for Oliver to finish. I grab my glass of orange juice and take a big gulp. I hear the bathroom door open and I turn and my glass falls to the floor, because there is Oliver standing in the doorway in just a towel. I whisper a spell to fix the glass but do not take my eyes of Oliver.

Ours eyes are locked as I make my way toward him. “Uhm…h-how was your shower?” I mumble looking up at him. “W-wet…” I chuckle but I can feel the color rushing to my face. “Selene…I would very much like to kiss you right now but-” I cut him off by quickly kissing him.

I feel one of his hands wrap around my torso pulling me closer and one hand tightly gripped on his towel. He deepens the kiss and I run my hands through his wet hair. He pulls away slightly. “Sel…I should get dressed.” “Mmm…no.” “I have to teach in an hour.” I kiss him a few more times. “Ok.” He walked away from me and I can’t help but to smack him on the ass. “Hey now!” He laughs and goes into the other room to get dressed.

“Hey Oli I’m going to head out now…when will I see you again?” “Uhm…what classes do you have today?” “Transfiguration and DADA.” “So as soon as you’re done with your classes love…come and find me.” He tells me. “Okay Oli…I’ll see you later…” “Bye Love!” He says as he hurries into the room to give me a quick kiss. I quickly kiss him and run my way to meet Jaci for Transfiguration.

“Jaci!” I yell and run up and hug her. “Hello to you too Selene.” “Hi! Isn’t this a great day?” “What the hell is your issue?” “Nothing just a great day. The sun is shining and…uhm…yea.” I smile widely. “You and Duke break up?” “Yep! Caught him snogging Pansy in the third floor broom closet.” “Finally!” She hugs me. “How’s Draco?” She smiles cheekily and giggles. “Good. We’re together now.” “Good for you!….Hate to ruin this moment but uhm we have like two minutes to get to Transfiguration.”

We sprint towards McGonagall’s room and make it with about thirty seconds to spare. “Phew!” We sit in our usual seats and wait on McGonagall to enter the room. Right on time as usual she comes striding into the room. “Ok students today we are going to be talking about Animagi.” she looks directly at me “Miss McArthur would you please come up here.” I stand up and walk up to the front of the room and join her. “Would you please demonstrate for us?”

Many of the students give me a puzzled look but I hold up my hand as if to say ‘hold on you’ll understand’. I take off my robes and concentrate on my body changing its form. I feel my bones shift and my body shrink and shift into the familiar fox form that I love. “Thank you Miss McArthur you may return to your seat now. Twenty points to Ravenclaw.”

I wink at her and trot over to my desk. I plop myself on the desk and listen to her as she lectures. Luckily for me these next couple of classes I won’t have to pay attention since I already know about animagi. But I still like to pay attention so I can try to perfect my transfiguration.

Class soon ends and I change back and slip into my robes. “Lucky.” I hear Jaci hiss in my ear as we walk out. “Lucky you’re registered.” I smile “That’s my father for you. Crazy as he is…still have to love him for making me register. Makes things so much easier.” “Ok…see you in Astronomy tonight?” “Of course…I would never miss Astronomy you know that.” “I’ll meet you in the normal spot.” “Sounds good.”

I run back up to my room to drop off my Transfiguration things and grab my DADA books. I have about fifteen minutes before class so I drop off my things and wander around for awhile. I find my small grotto in the wall and sit there for awhile. I look down at the grounds in front of me and find Duke staring up at me.

I flip him off and walk back towards Moody’s classroom. “McArthur may I ask why you are here so early?” Moody asks as I walk in, his back towards me. “Uhm nothing else to do sir.” “Well while you’re here give me a hand with these.” he says pointing to some empty cages. “Sure.” I grab two of them and follow him to the storage closet. “Thank you McArthur. Fifty points to Ravenclaw.” “Thank you sir.” I return to my seat and other students begin filing into the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
~~C