Secret Love, My Escape, Take Me Far, Far Away

13

“What is it?” Oliver asks “Is everything ok?” I set the letter down on the table. “Everything is fine. Just my father wanted to let me know that he wouldn’t be around for Christmas because he is being sent to America for work and he HAS to go. So I’m being sent to my cousin’s house in London for the holiday.

And the best part is he won’t be back until I’m out of school.” I plop myself down beside him on the loveseat and lay my head on his shoulder. “So I’m guessing you’re going to be missing the ball too?” he asks. “What ball?” “The Yule Ball…goes along with the Triwizard Tournament.” I sigh heavily. “That would be my guess.” he sighs. “Well we’ll work something out…I hope.” “Me too.”

We sit there in silence for a few minutes before I look up at the clock, 4:45. “Oli, what time is the Quidditch match?” “5 why?” “Because its 4:45.” He jumps up and grabs his referee robes from the barstool. “Are you going to the game or do you want to stay here?” “I’ll just stay here…I’ll take a nap or something.” He slips his robes on and walks over to me. “Ok baby”, he pushes some hair behind my ear and kisses me, “I’ll see you in a couple of hours.” “Ok. Avoid the bludgers, please.” “Don’t worry. I will.” he calls as he runs down the stairs leading to his office.

I pace around his apartment for awhile listening to the cheering from the match. Later I walk over to the bedroom and fall onto the bed. I lie there just staring up at the sheer curtains that cover the bed. I finally grab one of Oliver’s pillows and curl up with it. Later I feel myself being gently nudged.

“Mmmm…go away.” I moan. I feel myself being lightly shaken now. “Ughh whhaaaat?” I say burying my face into the pillow. “Sel, wake up.” I hear Oliver say. “Nooo.” “I made food.” “Sooo.” “Its getting cold.” “Mmmm fine.” I sit up and Oliver starts laughing at me. “Whhaaaat?” I whine. “Your hair love.”

I reach up and feel that tuffs of it have come loose of my hair tie and are sticking up. I quickly take it down and fix it then put it back. “You aren’t very nice Mr. Wood.” I say crossing my arms. “And what are you going to do about it Miss McArthur?” I look up at the ceiling in thought “Uhmmmm…I’m not going to talk to you for a whole day! Starting now!” I make a motion as if I am zipping my lips. He laughs “I’ll believe it when I see it.” I smile widely at him and just sit there not saying a word.

“Fine then, I’m not kissing you for an entire week.” I make a pouty face and put on my best puppy dog eyes. “Sorry babe. Not going to work. Nothing for a week unless you talk to me now.” I quickly weigh my options and shake my head. I can go for a week without kissing Oliver…I think.

I sigh heavily and quickly change into my fox form. “Wh-what are you doing Sel?” I just stare at him and lay my head on my paws. “Sel…I was just kidding babe.” I ignore him. “Sel, please. You’ll shed all over my sheets.” he says laughing. I snort and jump off the bed and trot out to the couch.

Oliver follows and sits beside me. I cover my face with my tail and Oliver begins petting me. My head snaps up and I nip at his fingers. “Ok ok. I won’t pet you.” I lie my head back down and Oliver turns on a small T.V. that I have never noticed before.

A few minutes later there is a sharp rap on the door. Oliver looks at me and motions him head towards the bedroom. Quickly catching on I dart to the room and hide under the bed. I hear Oliver shuffle around a bit and finally open the door. “Oh, hello Professor Dumbledore.” “Hello Oliver. May I come in?” “Oh yes of course.”

I hear Dumbledore shuffle in and Oliver closes the door behind him. “Would you like anything to drink sir?” “Oh yes that would be wonderful. A nice glass of Brandy would be nice.” Oliver rummages through his cupboards and I hear a couple of glasses clink together and a bottle being set down on the island in front of Dumbledore.
Ah thank you Oliver.” Dumbledore says as Oliver pours him a glass of Brandy. “Anytime Professor. So to what do I owe to this visit?” Oliver asks as he takes a seat. “Nothing to particular. I Just wished to speak with you and Miss McArthur,” he says, “preferably in her human form.” he says a bit louder so that I can hear.

I crawl out from under the bed and quickly change as I walk out the bedroom door. “Ah there you are Miss McArthur. I knew you were around here somewhere.” “Hello Professor.” I grab a glass from the cupboard and get some water.
“So how are things?” Dumbledore asks obviously meaning between me and Oliver. I look to Oliver and raise my eyebrow. “Things are great Professor.” Dumbledore scrunches his eyebrows together. “She isn’t speaking to me at the moment. But other than that…” Dumbledore looks to me. “Why are you not speaking with him?” I laugh “He was being mean. Made fun of my hair.”

“Ah, you see Oliver, you never make fun of a woman’s hair.” Oliver’s mouth drops open and I begin laughing. Dumbledore smiles and he winks at me. “So how about the secret?” he asks quickly. “No one but us, you, and Madame Pomfrey, sir.” “Wonderful. Not that I don’t want you to be together I just don’t wish to have an uproar on my hands.” “Understandable.” Oliver and I say at the same time. My face turns many shades of red and Dumbledore laughs.

“Well I must get going. But before I do, I must speak with you Miss McArthur. Alone.” Dumbledore leaves the apartment and I follow, motioning to Oliver that I’ll be right back. I close the door behind me and follow Dumbledore down to Oliver’s office. “So I hear you will be spending the Christmas holiday with your cousin, Padfoot. Am I correct?” “Yes, I just received a letter from father earlier this evening. He told me that he had

business in America to take care of and he would not be able to return home for Christmas.” “Yes, I was informed of that as well. You will be flooing to his home through the fireplace in my office and will return through there as well.” “Ok Professor.” “Well Miss McArthur have a wonderful night and do remember that there are no classes tomorrow and it might be a pleasant day to do some flying.” he winks and leaves the room quickly. I laugh and walk back up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
~~C