Secret Love, My Escape, Take Me Far, Far Away

2

“Oh joy…speak of the devil.” She says as we get off the carriage. I look around and see Duke walking our way. “Well I’ll see you later.” She says rolling her eyes. “Hey baby.” Duke says, picking me up and hugging me tightly. “Hey.” I give him a quick peck on the lips and sets me back down. “I missed you. Did you have a good summer?” He asks, taking my hand as we walk towards the castle. “Yea it wasn’t too bad. How was yours?” “Great. My mum and I went to America for a month. Dad had to stay behind and work but still had a good time.” I smile up at him and move closer to him as we walk. He kisses the top of my head and we walk towards the great hall in complete silence. We reach the entrance and he kisses me quickly. “See you later babe.” And we walk to our separate tables. One thing I hate about being in Ravenclaw, I have zero friends. All of my friends are in the other 3 houses, kind of sucks for me.

I sit down at the table absentmindedly between to 5th years and wait for Professor Dumbledore to start his opening speech after the sorting. “Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen…”

Suddenly Filtch runs up the aisle, whispers something to Dumbledore then runs back out. I snigger and return my attention to Dumbledore. “So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime.”

A group of girls dressed in matching blue uniforms, run up the aisle, and release butterflies, followed by their rather tall headmistress. I laugh inwardly as all the boys begin to swoon over the girls then Dumbledore begins to speak again.

“And now our friends from the North, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff.” I watch in awe as the older boys rush up the aisle with bo staffs, making them spark as they hit the stone floor. My eyes light up as I see Viktor Krum following the pack with their headmaster. I smile wide and look back up at Dumbledore who greets the man. I look over at Jaci and she looks to Viktor and winks.

Dumbledore continues on about the Tri-Wizard Tournament and has Crouch announce that no student under the age of 17 can enter the tournament, this causes a quick uproar but Dumbledore quickly settles it.

“I also have another announcement to make before the feast ends. We have two new professors joining us this year. First we have Professor Moody, who will be taking over Defense Against the Dark Arts. And finally we have Professor Wood who will be taking over Madame Hooch’s position. Please make them feel welcome. You are dismissed.” I look up to Oliver hoping to catch his eye. He looks down to me and I flash him a smile and a thumbs up making him laugh.

I wave slightly and run off to find Jaci. “Jaci!” She stops and turns and squeals. “I figured that’s what McGonagall brought Wood here for. He should be a good enough teacher…I remember him from a few years back. Completely annihilated Slytherin in Quidditch. Needless to say that Flint wasn’t very happy.” She says. “Yea, I remember that. He’s a great keeper. Hopefully he can teach as well.”

“Did you get your schedule?” She asks changing the subject from Quidditch. “Yea same as last year since I got all O‘s on my O.W.L‘s again…ugh…Astronomy will be great though…love that class…” “So we’ll have Astronomy, Potions, and Charms together then?” “Yea…I do believe.” She smiles “Super. Ok well I better get going. See you at breakfast?” “Of course.” She hugs me and runs off towards the Slytherin common room. I make my way towards the tower and find the bronze eagle door knocker, along with a group of first years, who look confused. “What’s the question?” I ask. One of the girls turns to look at me “When are infant Hippogriffs able to start flying?” I turn to the knocker. “Within a week.” The door opens and reveals our common room. “Thank you.” The same first year says. “Anytime.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again Comment!

Please!

~C