Secret Love, My Escape, Take Me Far, Far Away

5

I knew I would be able to make it to class in a few minutes, but something that Oliver said today was kind of bugging me that and Duke has been kind of distant lately. He also mentioned that if he wasn’t with me he would be with Pansy.

How would Oliver know that though? The whole Duke and Pansy thing. Is it that obvious or am I just being overdramatic? I shake these thoughts from my head because I know that Duke cares about me and that I’m just being stupid.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and it caused me to jump. “Are you going to keep walking or just stand there McArthur?” “Oh shove off Malfoy, or I’ll sic Jaci on you.” “Oh like I’m scared of a Mud-blood.” “A Slytherin one maybe…you-know-who himself was muggle born.” “How dare you compare the great dark lord to that filthy half-breed!” He spat.

“That’s my best friend…you foul little git!” I slap him hard across the face and he pulls his wand on me. “Right because I’m scared of a little 4th year…right.” I pull my wand “Expelliarmus.” I say and his wand shoots from his hand. “Try me Draco. Really do.” “You’re bloody lucky you’re my cousin or I’d…Ughh bugger off.” “Yea that’s what I thought Malfoy. Now move it.” I say and walk off towards Divination.

I hear him mutter something behind me but I chose to ignore it. I walk up the pull down stairs up to Trelawney’s classroom and find a table to sit at towards the front. I’ve always loved Divination…next to Astronomy of course…so I try to pay as much attention in the class as possible. I look around the room and notice I am the only one in the classroom at the time besides Professor Trelawney. “Why hello Selene. Early as always I see.” “Of course Professor. What will we be doing today?” “Well my dear, normal start of term notices as normal, and if we have time I’d like to start star and planet reading”

I smile widely “I knew you wouldn’t object. As your name suggests you would be very interested in the night sky. I’m sure the moon goddess would be very proud.” A few students begin trickling in and Trelawney winks at me as she walks towards the front of the classroom. The class goes great but we were not able to start star reading. I wave to Trelawney as I leave and she just winks again, like normal.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next few weeks pass by without a hitch. The tri-wizard champions were chosen and I was surprised to hear that Harry Potter made it in as well, but I still support him and Cedric equally. Draco has seemed to get over hating Jaci when he found out that Rhys had broken up with her.

She surprisingly took it well. I kind of think she has a thing for Draco, despite the age difference. She even stood up for him against Professor Moody when he turned him into a ferret. I am somewhat worried about this pairing but hopefully it will get Draco out of his ‘mud-blood’ hating phase.

As far as Duke and I are concerned…well we’re still together just have grown apart even more. He spends a lot more time in his common room than normal but I am occupied with my flying lessons, which are going great, Oliver and I have become excellent friends, despite the student teacher thing.

The first tri-wizard event was insane. I cannot believe they brought in dragons, of all things. And of course Harry would get landed with the Hungarian Horntail, the nastiest dragon of all.

The next couple of days Jaci and I try to decide what we want to go to the Halloween Dance as. She already knows she’s going with Draco and I can obviously assume I’m going with Duke. “Ok so Hogsmeade is tomorrow…have any idea yet what you want to go as Jaci?” She grins “Well something cute…but something sexy…and it has to go with Draco’s costume…he’s going as a gladiator…and plus it has to make his jaw drop.”

“Hmmm well…you can go as a lion? Or a Roman woman…? That’s about the only things that would go with.” “Ok. Those don’t sound too bad. Maybe I can find a cute lion costume…that would be amazing. What are you going as?” I shrug “No idea.” “Well what is Duke going as?”

“No clue. He won’t tell me.” “Bastard.” “Yea, he’s been a major one lately. Who knows though.” “Well good luck with him. I’ve gotta go now…Ancient Runes…woo!” she says unenthusiastically. “Ooo! Have fun with that.” I laugh. She flips me off and runs off. Leaving me sitting alone on a bench in the courtyard.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you haven't already figured this out, I hve this story pre-written.
So updates will come quick so long as I don't hit writer's block.

Please let me know what you think.

~C