My Dead Evelyn.

Funeral Party.

I didn't want to exit the car. I could hear the people chattering outside. As if what they said really mattered. My father exited the car first. He was wearing his favorite black suit set. His watch wasn't on his wrist and he had left his jacket in the car by mistake. My mother never wore black besides her heels. She had on a deep blue suit dress. Her hair was brought away from her face into a high bun. My brother borrowed a suit from his friend Mike. He was a pain in the ass most of the time but he was really sweet at times too.

"Come out of the car." My mother said in a soft spoken voice. My brother came over to me side and helped me out. My leg had been broken when the car had hit me. I didn't remember everything that happened. I just remembered her starting to walk away. I felt tears starting to prick my eyes. No one could see it though. I felt like a widow so I wore a veil. My mother also thought it would be best, I had a big bruise on the right side of my face. Though the veil I saw people looking at me. I caught onto a whisper that I was a freak.

Why should I have cared? Today wasn't about me. It was about Evelyn. I sat in the immediate family section. I looked over and saw Evelyn's mother sobbing. I took her hand making her look over. She seemed shocked for a second before realizing it was me. She squeezed my hand lightly. It hurt a little but it wasn't her fault, she couldn't see the bruise from the I.V. I wore fingerless lace gloves. I thought it was wrong that my hair was the brightest thing here. But I just couldn't dye it back to my hair color. Evelyn had helped me dye it.

As I started to think about the last moments I had spent with Evelyn that I could remember I had to hold my breath for a couple of seconds to get rid of the weeping feeling. The ceremony had started and I couldn't bear to pay attention. I just didn't want to believe it.

"Now Harmony will say a few words." I heard. My stomach dropped and I looked back at my mother. She had her face buried into a tissue. She had probably set this up. I felt my brother wrap his arm around my waist hoisting me up. I wanted to dig my heel into the ground and just be left alone. But he was stronger. I stood at the podium they had rented and dug my nails into the wood.

"Umm, I can't speak much." I said in a hoarse voice. I still couldn't talk much and I still didn't want to speak to anybody.

"I loved Evelyn, I've known her for years and we always would play fight. I don't remember anything about that day besides us walking down the sidewalk. I still wish she was alive and that instead of me stand here it was her." I said in a breaking voice towards the end. I rubbed my eyes feeling someone grab me. I let them lead me away and I managed not to cry as they did. I found myself back in the car as the rest of the sermon went on. I could see people throwing things in the open grave.

What the hell was she supposed to do with it? She was gone, she couldn't use it where she was giving. If she was going anywhere. Whose to say she just wouldn't rot in the ground? Just sit there as maggots ate through her flesh ruining her perfect face.

I needed to see her.

I got out the car and hobbled past Aaron as he came with my crutches. I ignored what he was saying and kept going. I saw that the service and kept going. I saw the service was just starting to disperse. I went over to the man with the crank that brought the crate up.

"Bring it back up." I demanded I heard the murmurs starting up when he opened his mouth to protest I hopped around him and started to do it myself. I had to see her one last time. They didn't even let us see her face before she was buried, her beautiful face.

"Harmony stop!" My father yelled. I felt someone pulling me back and away from the grave.

"Let go! I just wanna see her face!" I said struggling as much as I could.

"You can't see her face." He said. I yanked away from him and faced him.

"Why not?" I said trying to balance. He opened his mouth about to speak when I fell back into the grave. I heard a loud crack and for a moment I was stunned. My heart was beating faster then African drums. When I had been falling I felt like it had happened before. Seeing the sky above me so clearly.

"Harmony!" My father yelled in worry. I blinked and now the sky was cloudy. I sat myself up becoming aware the only think that hurt was my ego and my back. I saw the crack in the wood where my cast had fell. I bit my lip and slammed my leg back down on that spot. I heard a scream and gasp at the same time. I saw the tip of her chin and my stomach churned a little anticipation. I crawled over to the spot and dug between the huge cracks ripping it open.

"Harmony don't-" Was what I heard before I saw her face. No it wasn't her face. It was the muscles of her face. The cartilage of her nose. Her blue eyes popping out of her skull. Her thin beautiful lips were gone and the part that separated her hair from her face was ripped back so nothing was there but skull.

I was stuck staring. I could feel myself trembling, my heart about to beat out of my chest, my bladder on the edge of loosening. My breaths becoming rapid as I started to lose feeling in my body.

"look." I heard at last before feeling my eyes roll back into my head and the smack of my head hitting the wood.
♠ ♠ ♠
=O Glad you guys like this. =] Spread the word? ahaha. Sorry I needed time to type this up.