My Dead Evelyn.

Going Back.

"She still hasn't spoken. She just sits in her room all day." I heard my mother telling my Aunt over the phone. I was picking at my nails as I sat in my room. I was eavesdropping to see what they all really thought of me. Some of my brothers friends said I was gonna be the new crazy lady that lies in the attic. minus attic that is.

"I think it's because she's disturbed. She hardly sleeps and when she does she wakes up screaming." I winced as I pulled at a hangnail. My stomach churned and I felt ill. I bit the hangnail off and got up from lying in my bed. I heard my mothers speech get lower as she walked further away. I changed into jeans fitting it over my boot then slide on my bright purple flat. It would be another month before it was completely healed. I pulled on a white tee and fixed my short hair so it laid flat.

"Harmony, come on we're gonna be late." I heard my brother yell from downstairs. I grabbed my purse and hobbled downstairs. My brother swung my car keys around his finger as he leaned against the stair banister. I threw my purse at him then went to the downstairs bathroom. I brushed my teeth then grabbed a fruit bar for breakfast. I took my bag just before Aaron looked in it. He was about to open his mouth before I glared at him.

He glared back for a while. We had a whole mini-conversation through a glance. The perks of being a twin. He gradually smiled then turned on his bed to leave. I followed behind him trying to get in the drivers seat.

"You know you're not allowed to drive." He said laughing as he pushed me to the passenger door. I smacked his hand as I got the door open. I got in sulking. I hated when he drove, he was reckless. That's what got his car taken away. he ran too many red lights.

When he got in to drive he had a look in his eyes. I strapped in and sighed as he speedily backed out and raced against an invisible opponent to our destination. When we got there I felt a small panic run through me. I didn't want to go back. The only comfort that it brought me was that I would be able to see my friends.

School looked to happy to have so many miserable kids there.

My brother started to get out of the car but stopped when I didn't follow his lead.

"Don't be like this Harmony. Nothing is going to happen to you. Now come on." He said with a smile. I felt my insides bubbling and I gripped onto my bag a little. He shut the door and started walking away slowly. He looked back at me and made the sign to beckon me. I took a deep breath in and opened the car door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to write more but like gahh so much stuff in my life.