C'mon be Like Nike 'Just Do It'

I have mad skills

The first day Cora saw him, she knew Tyler would be her husband. She was sitting under a tree studying, when a jogger ran by. As he ran past she noticed he had sexy muscular arms, and slightly chiseled chest and abs. He had a dark complexion, if Cora had to guess she would’ve said he was Native American. She found out later she was right. She would’ve looked at his face, but she was so busy staring at his body, she didn’t notice the football flying towards her.

“Oh!” she yelled out as the football hit her lap and sent her notebook flying. All she could think was that, it must have been fate, because the jogging stranger came up to her. He was tall, probably over six foot, and her being only about five foot four that was tall.

“Whoa, are you ok?” he asked and as she looked up at his face she became lost for words. He had long jet black hair, which even when pulled back into a sleek pony tail, still went down past his shoulders. His skin was a creamy mahogany, and his eyes, they were gorgeous. He had these rich chocolate brown eyes. He was beautiful

“Um, excuse me. Are you okay?” he asked again and her cheeks turned bright red with embarrassment. She looked up and focused her eyes on his.

“Ugh yea, sorry, I guess I was just off in my own little world.” Cora laughed nervously, and he smiled widely at her.

Tyler looked her over; she was cute as a button. Stunningly beautiful at the same time, if anyone really asked him. Her hair was a soft brown that fell in ringlets around her face and down her back. She had a cluster of freckles that pooled across her cheeks and nose; he had to admit how cute it was. He could tell she was short also, and the last thing he noticed was her icy bright blue eyes. Tyler held his hand out to her,

“Well I’m Tyler.” He said and she took his hand.

“Cora.” She smiled brightly at him. That night they went out on a date. Cora found out they were both nineteen, and obviously going to the same college. He was going to be a Pediatrician, and she wanted to be a massage therapist. Shortly after that date they started actually dating.

Cora wanted to marry him more than anything in the world. They had a deal that they’d wait till after she graduated, which had come and gone. Tyler just finished his seventh year of college, and had one more to go. At least six years of residency. They were both twenty four now, and tonight they were going to the boardwalk to celebrate their fifth year of dating. She was sitting in front of the mirror in their bedroom, getting ready, when he walked in behind her.

“Tyler, I really don’t know why you want to go to the boardwalk with me.” Cora said looking up at him, “I don’t ride the rides; it won’t be any fun for you.”

He laughed and shook his head. Tyler stared down at her; she was wearing a form fitting white with red polka dots sundress. She looked amazing.

“Because, I’ll be going with the most gorgeous girl there, I’d be just happy walking around with you. Now, are you almost ready?” Tyler asked her as he checked himself over in the mirror. He was wearing dark blue jeans, a red button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a black vest, and he left his hair down. Cora thought he looked amazing.

“Yes babe, let’s go.” Cora said getting up and he kissed her cheek. They drove down to the boardwalk which was about a twenty minute drive. When they walked through the entrance, Tyler knew he had to get Cora over to the Ferris wheel and get her to ride it. That’s where he planned on proposing to her, she would never expect it. This was going to prove difficult, because Cora had never been on one. He pretty much thought it was the perfect place to ask her.

“Baby what do you wanna do first?” Cora asked Tyler and he shrugged. As her red heels clicked against the pavement, she thought to herself it was a silly thing to ask. The only thing there was to do was eat and play games; she never rode rides, and always felt bad for it. She couldn’t help it, they scared her.

“Whatever you want to do babe.” He said, and Cora thought to herself that he seemed preoccupied. She squeezed his hand and glanced over at him, he was simply gorgeous and handsome in every way. Cora also loved it when Tyler left his hair down; she was quite envious of its silky straightness.

“Um, anything I’m thirsty, lets go get something to drink.” She said and they went and got some drinks. Cora got an orange Gatorade, and he got Mt. Dew. They walked around looking at everything while Tyler strategically led her towards the big bright Ferris wheel. It was dark now, so it shown well through out the boardwalk. They walked right up to it and Cora tilted her head back looking at it.

“It’s huge, isn’t it?” she said and Tyler nodded.

“Yes, it is. Will you do me a favor Cora? I know you really don’t want to, but will you ride it with me? Please?” Tyler asked and he literally heard her gulp. He was pretty sure his plan was ruined.

“I don’t think so. Why don’t we just go eat?” she asked and he shook his head, she was going to go on that Ferris wheel.

“C’mon be like Nike, ‘Just Do It’. I know you can babe.” He said needing her to go on it.

“Well, if you really want me to. Ugh, just this once, if I close my eyes. I guess I could.” Cora replied, and Tyler’s face immediately lit up. They walked up hand in hand and got in line. By the time they got to the front Cora was literally shaking, he just had to smile she was so cute. They got closed in the cart and it started to move. When they got to the top Tyler looked over at Cora whose knuckles were white from gripping the bar so hard. He chuckled,

“Baby please open your eyes.” She did and gasped.

“Oh my gosh! This is amazing, why haven’t you taken me on here before? The view is wonderful.” Cora said and Tyler just rolled his eyes.

“Shut it.” He said and she laughed. They walked around and looked at everything and played some games. She suggested they stopped and get some food. Cora loved just being with Tyler, no matter where they were or what they were doing. He was sweet, caring, charming, and extremely funny. Although tonight something was really off, he still seemed preoccupied, and that just wasn’t like him.

“Tyler, are you okay? You seem somewhere else.” Cora said.

“Oh! Oh, no I’m fine, I promise.” Tyler said smiling and it made her feel better. They walked near the Ferris wheel, and Cora just had to go on it again. Whether Tyler really wanted to or not.

“Tyler, you wouldn’t mind if we went on the Ferris wheel again, would you?” She asked batting her eyelashes at him goofing off, he just grinned. His plan worked perfectly.

“Of course not babe.” Tyler said taking her hand. As they went to get on the Ferris wheel for the second time that night, Tyler gave the guy running it a knowing look.

“I love this.” Cora said as the made it around once. The view was beautiful and being with him was perfect, being with Tyler made it that much better. Right as they got to the top the second time it stopped, Cora felt her own heart stop.

“Um Tyler, what is going on?” Cora asked him slightly panicked, her hands gripped to the bar.

“Babe, it’s okay.” Tyler said laughing, she wasn’t so sure as people started to stare at them.

“Really, because everyone is staring.” Cora said looking around nervously. Tyler grabbed her hand and looked at her.

“Listen Cora, I need to ask you something. You know I love you. I have since you got hit with that football.” Tyler said laughing and Cora’s breath caught in her throat.

“You’re everything I’ll ever want or need. I can’t possibly imagine my life with anyone but you. Cora you’re my soul mate, my other half. Please literally make me the happiest man in the world and be my wife?” Tyler asked Cora holding out the little black box showing her the ring, it was gorgeous. She wrapper her arms around him and started crying.

“Yes! Of course yes!” she cried, the people within hearing distance started yelling and clapping. When they got to the ground Cora kissed Tyler deeply and people still cheered. When they starting walking away Cora punched Tyler in his shoulder.

“How did you possibly pull all that off?” she asked and Tyler just shrugged.

“I have mad skills.” Tyler said making Cora laugh. Tyler put his arm around her shoulder and they walked to their car.

The first day Cora saw him, she knew Tyler would be her husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
Make sure you click on 'ring' to see what it looks like. =]

Also this is who I based Tyler off of. *click* *drool*

SOO I hope everyone likes it, it was cute and cheesy but yea good =]