Status: Finished

Waiting For a Miracle

Nineteen

Jack felt bad for making Deanna even more upset.

He was going to find her and "start over".... again.

Deanna was wondering around collecting her thoughts together.

She sat on the edge of the warped tour lines by the fences, watching the roadies move and put up the show.

Jack didn't even know where to start to look.

If it were his Deanna, he would know instinctively where to go, by the fences, that's where she always went.

But this wasn't the old Deanna, this was the old mixed with the new.

And the new wasn't something Jack loved.

The new Deanna was insecure, self-conscious, and didn't speak her mind.

Jack loved how Deanna used to be.

He loved how strong of a woman she was.

Not caring where his feet were taking him, Jack ended up looking at Deanna's back.

She was indeed by the fences.

Jack texted Alex their whereabouts.

"Deanna." He whispered standing next to her.

She whipped around and faced him, "I just want to be alone Barakat."

"Please Deanna, can we just talk?"

"No I don't want to." She gave him a push and he stumbled backwards over the short fence and landed on his back.

"Oww." He complained.

Deanna stood there in shock.

It was like the world was spinning around her.

The incident replayed in her head, but this time it was different, Jack was flipping over a different fence, and they were younger, she didn't push him, she shoved him playfully.

It was the first time they met.

She stood there for what seemed like her life watching it replay in front of her, but infact it was just mere seconds.

"Oh my god Jack!" She hopped over the fence and stradled over him.

"I'm ok Dee, just go back to your thoughts, and leave me to try and get up."

She crashed her lips to his.

Jack knew what this meant, Dee was back.

He pulled her closer to his body, "I love you dee." He paused.

"I love you too." Deanna attacked his lips again.

Until they heard a throat cleared.

"Excuse me." Alex smiled.

"Alex!" Deanna shouted jumping into his arms.

He was thrilled and held her tightly.

"Aww Man, I was just about to get some action, it's been about two months!" Jack squealed.

Deanna smiled at Jack, "If you think for one minute I was going to have sex with you there, you are crazy!"

"the bus?" He questioned.

"No! Do you remember the last time we tried that?

"Well then now what, I have to wait another month!?! Deanna Barakat, I don't think I can." Jack pouted.

"I think we can bend the rule on the bus just this once." Alex smiled, "And I'll even sit outside the bus, to make sure no one goes on it."

Deanna smiled happily, "Jack where's my ring?" She looked at her empty left hand.

He smiled and pulled the chain off of his neck, placing hers gently on her tiny finger and shoving his on.

"I've missed you Deanna."

"Aww, you've had it all this time?"

He picked her up and kissed her cheek.

They hurried back to the bus, people with a mission.

Alex shouted up the bus steps for Zack and Rian to get off the bus.

They grumbled and waddled out.

"Why?" Zack asked but after looking at Dee and Jack he knew why, "Just don't spray everywhere Jack."

"Yeah, We know it's been a while, but it's just like riding a bike." RIan laughed.

Jack rolled his eyes and pulled Deanna up the bus.