My Life As I Know It

Chapter 2- the beginning of the end

I stood there in the middle of my living room, the light peering in from the wide, curtain-less, windows, all the furniture that was usually centered in this room was gone, disappearing in the back of another moving van. This room…so clear, so bright, so…
‘sickening?’ a voice whispered in my head, echoing through my brain like a hollow, empty cave.
“no…beautiful….right?” I felt myself mumble as I gave a puzzled look and let my eyes wonder around the bare shelter one last time before I heard the wooden door creek open and a girl’s speaking broke my concentration.
“Aria!” I spun around, seeing my happy, abnormal blonde companion standing there, smiling. Erin, she was trusting, friendly, and most of all-
‘annoying!’ I shook my head once to the side, smiling a little as I walked quietly to the door, she was gone by now, and I had to keep up. I always thought this day would change my life, and the day after that would never be the same, along with the day after that, and the one after that, and so on…could you blame me? I was already moving so fast, but I wanted to believe that I could hang onto the rollercoaster of my life, I was stubborn, true to my word, so if I set my mind to something, I would do it, no could, would, will.
We boarded the plane to Pennsylvania early in the morning, though that was no problem for me, I found myself sleeping lesser and lesser everyday, I thought it was common, I thought it was amazing that a simple thirteen year old could survive the night without closing her eyes, or drifting off, I just stared at the ceiling, waiting for the sun to rise. I was petrified of going on the plane however, the fear of death had forced me into a dark corner in my mind, yes, the fierce, strong, and brave Aria Royce was afraid of death, surprising? Not for Erin it wasn’t, she had seen right through my tough outer character, and instantly decided that I was of her nature to be around…I had nothing better to do, but I guess you could say that now, I’d be hopeless without her. She’s the one that pushed me onto the plane.
Looking at the velvet, beautiful, puffy blue sky was the only thing to occupy me, to make me absentminded from my own thoughts, and from the strange glances of others, I just kept my eyes on the clouds, wondering what it would be like to fall onto one like a giant pillow. One I could watch everyone by. I felt empty when my view turned pitch black and all you could see were the bright shinning stars, stars that would soon die out. It seemed like forever when the sun finally rose, and the plane landed. Relief filled me at that moment.
But I was sucked back into my fears when I stepped foot in that horrid place called WSIS…this is where I remember it all starting…
This was the beginning of the end.