Status: Completed!! ^_^

Crash Into My Arms

Ray Gun Jones

After a painfully long History lesson, I was thankful for having a Free Period. With no homework and no other work to catch up on, I was dragged to the music room by Gerard. He was itching to practice with his band, which I was still yet to hear, so I happily tagged along.

“You’re gonna friggin love us, trust me.” He smiled, retrieving his guitar from the storage room.

He lead me through to one of the practice rooms, where I found Ray with his own guitar, tuning it up, Mikey strumming a few lines on his Bass, and Matt using the kick pedal on the bass drum, warming up. After a few moments, Gerard plugged his guitar into the amp, and they started to play.

I was amazed at how good they were, even with the fact that Gerard clearly wasn’t all that good at guitar. I wasn’t used to watching a full band without a vocalist, but they sounded so great, it didn’t even matter.

“Let me introduce you to; Ray Gun Jones.” Gerard smiled as they finished playing. “Matt Pelissier on Drums, Mikey Way, my dear brother, on Bass, Ray Toro on Lead Guitar, and myself on Rhythm Guitar. Forgive me for our lack of a vocalist.”
I giggled, loving how he acted like they were on a stage giving an actual performance rather than just jamming in a practice room.
“But that’s where you come in.” he smirked.
“Wait… what?”

Until now, I hadn’t noticed Krista was also in the room, and it was at precisely that moment that she approached me with a microphone. Before I could protest any further, the guys launched right into playing. After a few bars, I realized it was a song I actually knew, one of my favourites from Escape The Fate, and so I began to sing;

“So now you're running, it's hard to see clearly, when I make you angry, you're stuck in the past, and now you're screaming, so can you forgive me? I've treated you badly, but I am still here.”

I looked over at Krista, who gave me a kind smile, clearly liking my voice. As if anybody would ever like my voice? It was terrible, and had not an ounce of feminism in it, I sounded like Avril Lavigne in her early days when she performed live. Though of course, Avril was a far better singer than I.

But still, I kept at it. “Sometimes I wonder, why I'm still waiting, sometimes I'm shaking, that's how you make me, sometimes I question why I'm still here, sometimes I think I'm going crazy. Can you help me understand?!” I did a double take, shocked I’d actually managed to hit that note, I’d never been able to before. “And now you wish that you meant something, and now you wish that you meant something to somebody else, and now you wish that you met someone, and now you wish that you meant something to somebody else.”

I hooked the microphone into the mike stand, gripping the microphone with both hands, and sang the one part of the song I’d always been able to get relatively perfect. “You look at me through clouded eyes, I know you see through my lies, see the sky, see the stars; All of this could be ours.” I smiled, those had always been my favorite lines of the song, and I closed my eyes as I continued. “Out of sight, out of mind, we've been through this a thousand times, turn your back and then you make me feel so crazy. Can you help me understand?!”

Suddenly, thoughts of Sky and how he’d hurt me started to fill my head, and my voice cracked a little during the next chorus;

“And now you wish that you meant something, and now you wish that you meant something to somebody else, and now you wish that you met someone, and now you wish that you meant something to somebody else.” I croaked out “Else” and realized I was crying. “You know I would wait forever, Yes, I would wait.”
“I would wait.” Ray echoed.
“You know I would wait forever, Yes, I would wait.” Snap, thoughts of Max flew into my head, how I told him I’d wait forever for him, and how he’d never cared. Tears coming on full force now, my voice beginning to crack like crazy, I pushed myself onwards. “And now you wish that you meant something, and now you wish that you meant something to somebody else.” I fell to my knees as I sang “Something to somebody else.” And leaned forward as I dived into the chorus once more. “And now you wish that you meant something, and now you wish that you meant SOMETHING TO SOMEBODY ELSEEEEEEE!!!” I took a dive into the deep end and attempted to scream, shocked that I actually pulled it off. “And I'm the one that should mean something, but still you wish that you meant something to somebody else, something to somebody else.” I lowered my voice into a growl. “Something to somebody else. SOME THING, TO SOMEBODY, ELSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!” I finished with a scream.

I caught my breath, and got back to my feet. The guys and Krista were all staring at me in awe. I sniffled a little, realizing I still hadn’t quite stopped crying, and Gerard put down his guitar and approached me, putting his hands on my shoulders.

“You. Are. Fucking incredible!” he gasped.
“I doubt it; I never sing in front of anyone anymo-”
“And you can scream!” he cut me off.
“Well… yeah… surprisingly…” I stuttered. “I-I’ve never even tried to befo-”
“But you’re amazing at it!” he interrupted me once again.
“If you say so.”
“Missy…” Gerard exhaled. “Welcome to the fucking band.”
“What?”
“You heard me; I want you as our vocalist.”
“No.” I said sternly. “No, not happening, I don’t sing in public anymore.”
“I’m not giving you a choice!” He snapped. “You’re talented, you can sing, you can scream, our band doesn’t have a vocalist, and you’re too good to pass up for anyone else, I don’t even wanna try anyone else.” He spoke. “So… You’re going to shut up, smile, and fucking join us.” He smirked.
“And if I refuse?”
“Like I said, you don’t have a choice.”
I pouted, and folded my arms. “Jerk.”
“Welcome to the family.” He smiled.

***

Unfortunately, there was no getting out of the detention I’d been issued the previous week, and so at Lunchtime, I found myself walking up the corridor to Miss. Rollins’ classroom. The door was already ajar and she stood there leaning against the doorframe, that annoying smug look on her face that I so loathed, only moving when I entered the classroom.

“I hope you brought something to do, cuz it’s going to be a looong forty minutes, sweetheart.” Of course, there was no kindness in her voice, just ignorance.
“Shut up, whore.” I muttered under my breath.
“What was that?”
“I said you’re a fucking bore.” I spat.
“Watch your tongue, unless you want to be back in here next week!” She snapped.
“Don’t worry; I’m done speaking to you for now.” I growled, pulling out a chair from behind one of the desks and sitting down.

I unzipped my bag and pulled out the book I was reading; Fallen and opened it up, attempting to lose myself in a fantasy world, where everything I hated about my world was non-existent.

The protagonist; Luce, was taken on a picnic by Cam, and I felt myself smile when Gerard’s image automatically flashed into my mind, ever since I’d met him, I’d always seen him as Cam, and in a way, saw myself as Luce.

Suddenly I was snapped out of the dream world when an ambulance rushed past the window. I shoved my bookmark into the pages and shut the book, dropping it on the table and rushing to the window.

“OI!” Rollins snapped.
“What!”
“Sit back down!”
“But! Somebody’s hurt!”
“The paramedics will deal with it, sit!”

I scowled, but listened to the fucking bitch anyway. I sat back down and re-opened my book, once again losing myself in the fantasy land Lauren Kate had created for her readers…

***

When I came out of detention, I was disappointed to find the hallway empty. Gerard had promised he’d meet me when I got out, but he was nowhere to be seen. I was considering wagging when Mikey turned the corner and began walking up the corridor towards me.

“Hey.” He smiled.
“Hi, Mikey.”
“Listen, Gerard went home, he wasn’t feeling well, he told me to come meet you and let you know so you didn’t think you’d been stood up.”
“Is he okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, he will be, he was just tired, the poor kid can’t function when he’s tired, he’s always been a little weak.” He explained.
“That’s a shame.”
“Yeah…” Mikey said, looking up the hallway. “Anyways, let me walk you to class, I don’t mind being a few minutes late for my own.” He smiled, and the two of us started up the stairs to my English classroom…