Status: Completed!! ^_^

Crash Into My Arms

Sanctuary

“Missy? Miseria, wake up!” A familiar voice spoke.
“Ergh.” I groaned. “What?”
“Wake up!”
I opened my eyes and registered a pair of emerald green eyes and curly blonde hair. “Max?”
“What’re you doing sleeping in a graveyard? And you’re absolutely soaked and covered in mud.” He frowned; seemingly concerned.
“What time is it?” I asked.
“About three, have you been asleep all this time? How long have you been here?”
“I came here last night to visit my father’s grave.” I moved aside so that Max could read the headstone. “I must have dozed off.”
“You’ve been crying.”
“No I haven’t.” I defended.
“Yes you have, your eyeliner’s streaked down your face and your eyes are still kinda red.” He held out his hand.
I took it, letting him pull me up from the ground. “Thanks.”
“What’s going on with you?” He asked, lifting my bike up out of the mud and wheeling it alongside him as we made our way out of the cemetery. “You were so happy and lively when I saw you around the school last week, and now you seem to be back to how you were before.”
“I’m fine.” I muttered, keeping my eyes on the ground.
“You’re not fine.”
“I am!” I snapped. “Really, I am.” I repeated, calmer this time.
“Whatever.” Max rolled his eyes. “So, am I taking you home?”
“No.” I answered quickly. “I’m not going home.”
“Why?”
“Because I’m sick of my mother’s bullshit.”
Max didn’t need an explanation; he knew what my mother was like. “Do you want me to take you to Gerard’s?”
“No.” I answered again. “And before you ask, I don’t wanna talk about it.”
“So he’s the problem?”
“Part of it.”
“Did he… break up with you or something?” Max asked.
“No, I broke up with him.” I answered coldly, and for words I thought I’d never speak; they didn’t hurt.
“Why?”
“Like I said; I don’t wanna talk about it.” I repeated.
Max rolled his eyes once more and let out a sigh. “Do you want to go to my mother’s house?”
“Yeah, anywhere’s better than home, or Gerard’s.”

***

“You’re welcome to stay here as long as you need.” Terry smiled as she flung out a fresh sheet and began tucking it into the bed in Ben’s old room.
“Thanks Terry.” I smiled, faintly.
“If you need anything, anything at all, don’t hesitate to ask.” She said, pulling fresh pillow covers over a few spare pillows and throwing them to the head of the bed. “Do you need fresh clothes? Would you like me to drop by your mother’s house and pick some up for you?”
“No, she doesn’t know where I am and I would kind of like to leave it that way, if she knows where I am she might come here and drag me back home.”
“I understand.” Terry nodded.
“I think I have some of Chantelle’s clothes here, Mis and her are around the same size, she could borrow them until we can figure something out.” Max spoke as he entered the room.
“I don’t think Chantelle would appreciate that.” I said.
“She can suck it up.” He laughed.
“I’ll leave you to it, then.” Terry smiled, leaving the room.

It felt awkward being alone in the room with Max. He came to sit beside me; putting a comforting arm around me. By old habit I leaned into him; resting my head upon his shoulder. His familiar scent reached my nose and I sighed quietly; It was like a journey back in time.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” I asked.
“Because you need someone right now, and I think I owe you after all the shit I put you through.”
“Yeah, you prick.” I laughed.
“That’s better.”
“What?” I asked, looking up at him.
“You’re smiling.” He grinned.
“Doesn’t mean I’m happy.” I sighed; looking down again.
“It’s a start.” He said; rubbing my arm comfortingly. “We should go out tomorrow.”
“Why?”
“I think you need to get out for awhile and just have some fun, take your mind off things.”
“That’s the last thing I want to do.” I breathed; rolling my eyes.
“C’mon Missy, you need to.”
“Doesn’t mean I want to.” I grumbled.
“Too bad.” He chuckled. “So, beach tomorrow?”
“I haven’t got my swim suit with me.”
“So? You can borrow a pair of Chantelle’s shorts, and one of her massive t-shirts, you never swim anyway, so that’ll be enough for you to wade in.”
“I can’t believe you remember that.” I laughed.
“I remember everything clear as day.” He smiled. “So, you in?”
“Okay.” I smiled back…
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh look at that; I updated on time, that's a rare occurrence lolz.
Hope you enjoyed the chapter. :)

Comment and Subscribe!

xXShazzaXx