Status: Completed!! ^_^

Crash Into My Arms

Back To Where We Lasted

The sun shone into the cabin of Max’s car, warming my bare legs. Max had leant me a pair of purple short shorts and a white and purple blotchy tie-dye oversized t-shirt to wear; both of which belonged to Chantelle. The windows of the car were open and I could already smell the salt water and see the ocean in the distance.

There wasn’t a single cloud in the sky today, and the sun burned bright and warm. Max turned on the radio and a song the two of us had always loved when we were friends all those years ago was playing; Spray On Pants by Kisschasey.

The two of us sang along at the top of our lungs, laughing at our own stupidity, as the car drew ever nearer to the beach. I heard the crunch of gravel as Max pulled into the car park and stopped the car. The two of us got out and grabbed our stuff from the back seat before making our way out to the sand.

The breeze was warm and I could not spot a single cloud in the blue sky in which sea gulls were screeching, flying in circles chasing one another. That same sky reflected upon the surface of the water at the edge of the golden sand, sending it a brilliant shade of blue. It was absolutely perfect beach weather.

Max laid out our beach towels and set our things down upon the sand. I laid down on my towel, closing my eyes and tilting my head backwards towards the sky. The sun beat down on my face, warming me to the bone. I breathed in deeply and tasted the spray of the sea in the breeze.

“You look pretty relaxed.” Max noted, sitting down beside me on his own towel.
“Yeah, it’s been ages since I’ve been to the beach.” I sighed. “I forgot how soothing it was.”
“When was the last time you came?”
The smile on my face faded and I sat up; hugging my legs and looking down at my feet. “It was before that Stalker story Sky wrote got handed out around the school.” My hair slipped from my shoulders and formed a curtain around my face. “With Amber and Melanie.”
“Yeah.” Max spoke, grabbing a fistful of sand and letting it run between his fingers. “I remember how close you three used to be.”
“It was my fault I lost them.” I said quietly; talking about this subject always made me want to cry. “I was the idiot who stalked Sky; I brought it all upon myself.”
“No, you made a mistake, but Sky and those two; they took things way too far.”
“I stole his digital camera card, Max!” I cried. “I had photos of him all over my wall, I wrote a love story about us.” I huffed. “So much stupid shit.” I brushed my hair back behind my ear so Max could see my face while we talked. “Sky told me he wasn’t interested and constantly reminded me he was a lot older than me.” I dropped my gaze to my feet once more. “I was nothing but a creepy, obsessive little schoolgirl to him.”
“Well he didn’t act like he was a lot older than you, if he were really that mature, he would have left it once he said he didn’t want to see you again, not act like an immature brat and write an attention seeking, horrible story about a poor, defenceless schoolgirl who was only dealing with the confusing time where her hormones were going crazy!” Max exclaimed. “He made you sound like a sexual predator to be honest, and I know you Miseria, you’re far from that.”
“You’ve certainly changed your view of me.” I stated. “I very clearly recall you shoving me in the hall and calling me a Stalker too.”
He looked away, shame in his expression. “I was really horrible to you, wasn’t I?” He asked, reaching for my hand.
“I won’t lie and say you weren’t.” I frowned.
“I’m so sorry.” He actually looked like he had tears in his eyes. “You were my best, best friend once upon a time, I’ll never forgive myself for the way I’ve treated you these last few years.”

He wiped his eyes and stood up, holding his hand out for me. I took it, and he lifted me up from the sand, dragging me further down the beach towards the ocean. Knee deep in the water, he began splashing me and I chased him, splashing him back.

He ran up and pulled me further out until we were waist deep and pushed my head under the water. I broke the surface and wiped the water out of my eyes. I smirked at him, pushing him, sending him below the water’s surface. He emerged and began to swim back to shore.

I walked ahead of him as we waded out of the water, until he ran up behind me, grabbing me around the waist. He threw me over his shoulder and began to spin around, until I beat his back and cried, laughing, for him to stop. He came to a stand-still and the two of us, having lost our balance; collapsed.

Max looked down at me, brushing a stray strand of hair away from my face “I miss you, every single day.”
My heart swelled and words I couldn’t control slipped out of my mouth; “I miss you too.”

His emerald eyes seared into my deep brown’s as he slowly drew closer. I closed my eyes, and barely a moment later, I felt his lips on mine as he gave me the kiss I had longed for when I was fourteen years old. I slid my fingers into Max’s golden brown curls and lost myself. He kissed me with an unfathomable gentleness that warmed me to my very core. But all too soon it ended and I opened my eyes to find Max giving me that loving stare.

“I was too afraid to admit it to myself, Miseria.” He breathed. “But I have been in love with you all along…”
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG AWAITED UPDATE!

Comments mean I'll update sooner :P

So, as always;
Comment and Subscribe!

Thanks to the following users who commented on the last chapter and who are so incredibly patient with me:

Vintage Arsenic
partyvenom

♥ ♥ ♥

xXShazzaXx