Status: Completed!! ^_^

Crash Into My Arms

A Final Song, A Last Request

When I came to see Gerard the next day; I found a keyboard had been set up in the corner of the room by the window. It puzzled me; for I knew Gerard was much too weak to walk around let alone play piano. He smiled when he saw me, though it couldn’t make up for how terrible he looked.

He’d lost a great deal of his hair; it was now as thin as if there were only one layer left. His face looked sunken; his skin no longer pulled taut over the hollows of his cheeks and jawline, none of the puppy fat remained. He looked so skeletal. I tried not to cry as I pulled up the chair beside his bed and sat down.

“How are you feeling today?” I asked.
“Terrible.” He sighed, but there was laughter in the sigh.
“You look it.” I frowned. “Where did the piano come from?”
“I had it moved in here last night, it’s Mikey’s.” He explained. “Go have a look at the stand; I have something there for you.”

I got up from my seat and walked over to the keyboard; there, propped upon the stand attached to it; was the Delta Goodrem song Gerard had tried to get me to learn before.

I read the title aloud. “Be Strong.”
“I have one last request, Miseria.” Gerard said. “My dying wish; please, learn that song.”
I felt the lump rise in my throat. “Okay.” I croaked, sitting down in the chair.

My hands found the chords and I began to play, learning as I went. This time, I wasn’t going to run away, this time, I’d learn the song. I’d do it for him…
♠ ♠ ♠
A huuuuge thank you to the following users;

CaliCupcake
Suicidalxwriter
KilljoyMaiden
sparrowbaby

Thank you all sooo much for your comments over the last month, you have really restored my faith and drive to write this story. This chapter is for you, it's short, but there is more to come.

Comment and Subscribe!

xXShazzaXx