Status: Completed!! ^_^

Crash Into My Arms

The Ghost Of You

After a few more days of being holed up in Gerard’s bedroom, curled up in his bed, drifting between being awake and crying, or asleep and dreaming that he was still alive, I heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.” I mumbled, remaining where I was, not bothering to get up.
“Miseria, is that you?” a soft voice cooed.

A woman, possibly in her late thirties, entered the room. She had beautiful long raven hair to her waist, set in soft curls. Black cat-eye eyeliner rimmed her calm blue eyes, and her soft pink lips were set in a tender smile.

“Who’s asking?”
She sat down beside me on the bed, crossing her legs under the long navy blue dress she wore. “Hello, my name is Marie, I’m Gerard’s Aunt.”
“He never mentioned you…” I trailed off, remembering the video I had watched a few days ago; “Call my Aunt Marie…” Gerard’s voice echoed in my head.
“I have something for you.” She spoke.

What was it with people and giving me things lately?

She reached into her bag and pulled out a small, clear re-sealable bag. There was something golden, along with a couple of colourful stones inside it. She opened it and pulled it out.

“A week before he died, Gerard called me and asked me to make this for you.” She said, letting the golden chain dangle from her hand, she grabbed the white, glittering stone. “Diamonds are the birthstones for those born in April; Gerard’s birthstone.” She released it from her grip and grabbed the red stone. “Garnet, is the birthstone of those born in January; your birthstone.” Once again, she released the stone, this time; she grabbed the small golden pendant. “Gerard picked this piece especially for you.” She stated. “He wanted an Angel, because that’s what you were to him.” She reached out and grabbed my hand, placing the golden chain and its contents into my palm, and closed my fingers over it. “He wanted you to have this, so you would always remember him.” She smiled softly and kissed my forehead, before getting up and leaving the room.

I opened my hand and stared at the chain, the glittering stones, and the beautiful, tiny golden Angel. This was his last gift to me, the final gift I would ever receive from Gerard Arthur Way…

***

I’d finally returned home, but only to hole myself up in my own bedroom. The window was open a little way, and the blind was up. I sat on my bed, leaning back against the wall, wrapped in my blanket, staring out at the night sky. The stars twinkled in the black, velvet abyss. Each tiny, glittering gem, littering the sky.

Was he one of them?

That thought crossed my mind as I remembered a scene from a film I had loved when I was a child; The Lion King. As Simba and his father, Mufasa, stared up at the night sky, Mufasa told him of how the great kings of the past looked down upon them from those stars. He told Simba that whenever he felt alone; that those kings would always be there to guide him, and so would he.

Was Gerard up there?
Looking down upon me?
Now that I felt most alone?


Who was I kidding? Of course he wasn’t. Those stars were just millions upon millions of suns in galaxies far away. Not kings and lost loved ones watching over those still alive.

Then so be it, if there was nothing keeping me here, then I didn’t want to be here anymore. The only thing keeping me alive was gone now; I had no reason to stay alive. I threw the blanket on the bed and got up from where I sat, heading for the door.

“Miseria.” I heard that blade in the bathroom whisper my name. “Miseria!” The voice came again, and I realized it was coming from behind me.

Upon that realization, a chilling breeze swept across my back, sending shivers down my spine. I turned around to see the curtain slowly falling back into place after being rustled by the breeze. My eyes registered a figure sitting on my bed, as I approached it, I realized it was transparent.

“Hello.” The most beautiful voice spoke; a voice I thought I would never hear again. The moonlight illuminated the figure’s face; I remembered that jawline, the soft, thin lips, the mark below his right eye. “What were you about to do?” Gerard whispered.
I hung my head in shame, unable to meet his gaze. “I… I was going to kill myself.” I mumbled.
“You made a promise to me.” His voice was stern. “You told me you would live on.”
I closed my eyes. “I know.” I whispered.
“Then why would you try to kill yourself?”
“I can’t live without you.”
“You can.” He spoke.
“No.” I shook my head. “I can’t.”
“You can, and you will.” He looked at me, seriousness written in his expression. “Because I want you to, I want you to live on, for me.” He looked at me with pleading eyes. “Please, Miseria.”

I closed my eyes as the force of another chilling breeze swept over me. When I opened them, he was gone.

I knew he wasn’t real.

I sat on my bed, right where I swore I had seen him only a moment ago, and hugged my knees. I let my head fall forward, and began to cry.

Yet another cold breeze blew in through the window.

"I will always love you, live on, get married, have children, and one day, we will be together again, I promise you. Thank you for making my final days the happiest of my life, and I'll see you on the other side."

My head snapped up. “Gerard?”

The room was empty, silent.

A warm breath blew against my neck, making me shiver, and I could have sworn I felt his lips on my skin.

“I love you, Miseria Cantare.” He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
A more lengthy chapter since the last one was so short. I've had this planned for awhile now. Hope you enjoyed it. Two updates in one night :)

Comment and Subscribe!

xXShazzaXx