Status: Completed!! ^_^

Crash Into My Arms

We'll Carry On

I breathed in deep before pushing the front door of the main hallway of Newark High open. It was a new school year, and I held my head high; I had become a new me. My hair was parted in the middle and tumbled down in "Boho Waves" all the way to my waistline; it'd grown over the summer, and I'd finally taken the plunge and dyed it jet black like I'd always wanted to.

A brown form-fitting long sleeve printed with a brutal looking skull graphic hugged my body and slightly plunged down in a V-Neck. Skin tight blue jeans hugged my legs, and I wore black combat boots to complete it all. The new me was a lot more comfortable with her body, the shy girl who hid behind that mop of hair and dressed in baggy jumpers and jeans two sizes two big for her was long gone.

People turned and stared as I passed them, some of them gasping in surprise and covering their mouth. A few cat-calls came from the Jocks; at which I actually smiled and giggled to myself; flattered.

I continued on my way; hugging my books close to my chest and adjusting the strap of my schoolbag. I had Art first up today; My very first Art class of Senior Year. Upon entering my classroom I scanned the room and did a double take when I spotted a familiar mop of black hair.

It couldn't be...

The boy looked up; his Hazel eyes shining in the early morning sunlight that beamed in through the window. My eyes fell upon the rest of his facial features; all button-nose, eyeliner-rimmed eyes and thin lips slightly pulled inward as he played with one of the black rings embedded in his bottom lip.

Not Gerard... But definitely just as beautiful...

A Black Flag t-shirt hugged his torso tightly, and fingerless skeleton gloves covered his hands. I took this as a sign that it'd be a good idea if I sat next to him. While I was part of the Alternative crowd at Newark High, I'd never seen this boy before; He must have been new.

"Hey, this seat taken?" I asked as I approached him.
"Nope, please," He smiled, drawing the chair out for me. "Sit."
"Thank you." I grinned. "I'm Miseria by the way."
"Frank." He nodded, shaking my hand. "Frank Iero."
"You're new aren't you?" I smirked. "Never seen you round here before."
"Yeah." He sighed, raking a hand through his hair. "I just moved here from Belleville."
"I had a friend who used to live there." I smiled.
"Had?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.
"Yeah." I nodded. "He passed away late last year."
Frank's face fell. "I'm sorry." He frowned.
"No, it's okay!" I chuckled. "I've moved on, I mean I miss him, but I've accepted it."
"Was he, and forgive me if it's not my place to ask, maybe more than just a friend to you?"
"Yeah, he and I were in love." I sighed, unable to contain the smile on my face at the memory of Gerard. "He taught me a lot about myself, and about life." I confessed.
"Tell me." Frank grinned. "Tell me all about him, and what he taught you."
"You're very curious for such a small boy, aren't you?" I teased.
"I'm just a lonely boy trying to make friends." He giggled.
"Well then, Frankle-Dee." I cooed, nicknaming him without hesitation. "Let me tell you all about the boy that was Gerard Arthur Lee-Way..."

***


Frank and I went on to become best friends. He became the new rhythm guitarist of Ray Gun Jones, taking Gerard's place. We jammed together a few dozen times and finally landed a gig at Maxwells in Hoboken. An AnR guy for Eyeball Records was scouting that night and signed us.

Max and Chantelle broke up, and he and I began to hang out again. He taught me how to ride a skateboard, and things went back to the way they used to be when I was fourteen.

Zoe, the girl who used to bully me, cleaned up her act and became the head of the Mathlete's, no longer ashamed of her intelligence. Donnie, her boyfriend, cut his hair and joined the school football team, taking the opportunity during one of the team's big winning games to call Zoe out into the football field and propose to her. Nicole and Kimmi; The twins who used to call me Emo, were on the Cheerleading Squad and had helped arrange the whole thing.

Mama broke up with Burke, and Donna had checked her into Rehab. She spent six months there and returned clean and sober and never touched another drop of alcohol again. I didn't move back in with her, but we did re-build our relationship.

Mine's and Frank's friendship soon blossomed into love. He was my date for Senior Prom, and after graduating at the top of my class, Frank and I moved in together. On Halloween, and Frank's 19th Birthday; he had taken me to the graveyard at midnight to Gerard's headstone. After asking Gerard for his blessing, he got down on one knee and proposed to me. We remained engaged to this day, and weren't planning to get married until we were at least 30.

Life went on, I lived on, keeping true to a promise I had made to one wonderful, mop-haired, Hazel-eyed boy who had saved my life. His memory would never fade, and in the darkest times, even though they were few and far between now; He was my guiding light.

I was whole again, thanks to Gerard Way; The Savior Of The Broken, The Beaten, And The Damned...

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow... This is finally finished after just over four looong years of writing. I feel really accomplished and couldn't be happier with the ending. It's perfect, exactly what I intended it to be. I just hope you guys loved it as much as I loved writing it for you.

I'll be posting my Acknowledgements for this story in a few days, after people have had the chance to read this final chapter and leave their comments. Thank you sooo much for all your loving support and kind words, I'm so happy that I have been able to move you with my writing.

This closes the door for all my MCR-Fanfiction, I don't think I'll write any more now as I am way too focused on my new Avenged Sevenfold stories.

If you're interested in those, they are as follows;

* Broken Arrow
* The Sweetest Syn

Thanks again, and with all my love,
Shazza Rose xo