‹ Prequel: So Close Yet So Far

Meant to be

Return of the Blitzkrieg Bop!

"So how are you doing baby wise?" Ramona asks the younger woman as they drive downtown for a girl's day.
"I vomit a lot," Stella says drumming her fingers on her thigh, "And as of about last month I'm horny all the time." Ramona nearly crashes the car laughing, "It's true! All of a sudden I wanna pounce Jakob at every chance I get."
"Sounds like high school." Ramona teases as she pulls up in front of one of the college dorm buildings on that particular street. "Jakob must be happy."

Ana-Lynne spots Ramona's car and runs over.
"Hey." She says climbing into the backseat. "It's you I'm not aloud to give alcohol to right?" she asks as she points at Stella whose stomach has become apparent.
"Correct," Stella laughs. Frankito only dated the wildest girls possible.
"So where are we going?"
"Day spa," Ramona informs as she starts down the street, "So how is Frankie?"
"He's fine, man I love when he stays over when he's back from tour, just this morning we-" she stops mid-sentence, "I just remembered you're his sister and wouldn't want to hear that."
"Thanks for sparing me the detail." Ramona laughs knowing full well her brother is a major pervert.
"Anyway, I thought since all us girls were getting together and the guys getting together we'd be going to strip clubs."
"Pregnant women shouldn't go to strip clubs," Stella says loudly.
"Yeah, too many cigarettes," Ana-Lynne says quickly.

*
"Is Ramona pregnant?" Jakob asks his older brother.
"No," Joey says running a hand through his hair. "Have you been talking to Mom?" Jakob shakes his head.
"There's a box from a pregnancy test in the garbage can in the bathroom." Joey sighs.
"We're trying to get pregnant, but-"
"That's strange," Jakob says quietly, "Considering the amount of knock-ups on both sides of the family."
"That's what Ramona said."
"Hey, maybe its because you're actually trying to get her pregnant, but with the knock-ups it was an accident."
"How the hell could-" Joey doesn't even bother to finish his sentence, "Where the hell is Frankie?"
"I dunno," Jakob says picking up the TV remote, "Did you get me a pretty birthday present?"
"Yup," Joey says sarcastically, "I hope you remembered yellow doesn't suit my skin tone."

"Guys got any beer?" Frankie asks from behind them.
"How the hell did you get in here?" Joey demands, Frankie just smirks.
"Beer?"
"In the basement."
"Why don't you keep it in the fridge?" Frankie whines as the three men head downstairs.

Frankie hands each of them a beer, Joey just puts his back.
"What the hell?"
"Him and Ramona are trying to have a baby." Jakob says quietly. Frankie looks at him blankly. "Drunken sperm don't swim as fast."
"Fuck it, hasn't been working anyway." Joey mutters as he twists the cap off the beer and takes a sip.
"Precisely." Frankie states, "Now where do you keep the chips?"

*

"So do you know the gender of my grandchild?" Mike asks when everyone is settled at the restaurant and the meals have been ordered. Stella looks over at Jakob and smiles.
"We're having a girl." There's an uproar of congratulations at the table.

"Have you thought of any names?" Adrienne asks eagerly.
"Well we were thinking about her middle name being Olivia, after Grandma Ollie," Jakob says as his father nods slowly. The death of his mother a couple of years earlier really hit Billie Joe hard.
"But first names we have so many that we like."
"Like what?" Cassie asks.
"Well so far we have Marissa, Alexandra-" Stella lists.
"Also Nicole and Larissa."
"Name her Ivonna!" Travis exclaims.

"We're not naming her Ivonna," Stella says playfully slapping her half-brother upside the head.
"What about Georgina!" Frankie exclaims.
"Not that either." Jakob laughs.
"Manelicka!" Tre exclaims and everyone laughs.

"What about Audrey?" Billie Joe says catching a glimpse of the Audrey Hepburn poster on the wall.
"I like Audrey," Jakob says slowly, Stella nods.
"It's a nice name."
"So it would be Audrey Olivia Pritchard Armstrong," Anastasia says.
"That has a nice ring to it." Ramona says nodding.

"Oh let's go back to the house for coffee." Adie announces later on that evening.
"Sweetie, I think I'm a little drunk." Ramona giggles in her husband's ear.
"Oh really?" he says finding humor in all this.

Everyone clambers out of the restaurant, leaving Ramona and Joey for last.
"I'm in love with you right now," Ramona murmurs in Joey's ear. They head to their car just as everyone drives away.

Joey slips into the driver's seat and Ramona takes the passenger's. Just as Joey is about to start up the ignition Ramona stops him by pressing her lips against his. Lips locked, they clamber into the back seat and Joey straddles the love of his life.
"Its been a while since we did this," he says referring to car sex.
"We've piled in the backseat," Ramona says referring to Blitzkrieg Bop as she pulls Joey's shirt over his head.
"Generate some steam heat," Joey laughs as he kisses at her neck while unbuttoning her shirt.

*
"Where's Joe and Mona?" Tre asks looking around the Armstrong house.
"Call one of there cell phones," Billie says, figuring they just took a detour. Tre pulls out his bright green cell phone and scrolls down his phone number list till he reaches Ramona's. He waits impatiently while it rings.
"Hi, you're reached Ramona Wright, please leave a message." The answering machine rings out.
"Hi Mona, its your one and only father just wondering where you are?" he ends the call then moves onto Joey's phone number. It rings about a million times before its picked up.

"Hello?"
"Joe? Is that you?" Tre questions, "What happened to you guys?"
"Well Ramona had a bit too much to drink so-" he says a bit out of breath.
"What's going on there? You sound out of breath?"
"I was in the living room and I left my phone upstairs."
"Ahh okay," Tre nods, "So you won't be joining us?"
"Not unless Ramona is able to sober up in the next half hour."
"Alright." Tre says slightly disappointed. "Buh-bye."
"Bye."

Joey looks over at Ramona.
"That was close," she laughs.