‹ Prequel: So Close Yet So Far

Meant to be

Positive

"Ramona! Ramona!" he yells excitedly at the top of his lungs as he runs up the stairs. "Its positive!"

"What?" Ramona says getting up. "But-"

"The box said wait ten to fifteen minutes, we only waited ten." He explains eagerly.

"We're going to have a baby!" Ramona yelps as she wraps her arms around her husband excitedly, "This is great."

*

"Hey guys," Ramona says as she lets her Dad, Bianca and Josh into the house.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tre asks quietly, "You left awfully quick yesterday.
"
"Oh that was nothing," She says shrugging. "Are Frankie and Ana-Lynne coming?"

"I don't think Ana is," Bianca says heading into the kitchen.

"Hey everyone," Joey says coming out of the kitchen into the main hall. He eyes Ramona for a second and she shakes her head mouthing the words Not yet. The doorbell rings again and Ramona goes to answer it.

"Mona!" Frankie yelps as he pulls her into a bear hug.

"Ahh! You belt studs are hurting me!" she says to her much taller, younger brother, "And what's with the hug?"

"I dunno, you looked like you needed one." He says shrugging. "Anyone else want a hug?"

"Come on, dinner's ready." Joey says as everyone heads into the dining room. After dinner, Ramona grins and Joey and stands up.

"We have something to announce," Joey says after clearing his throat.

"I'm pregnant," Tre's face lights up.

"Congratulations," He says hugging his daughter.

"We're going to be uncles!" Frankie exclaims.

"Uncle Frankito and Uncle Josh," Josh says laughing.

"Grandpa Tre and Grandma Bianca," Ramona states.

"Oh, I'm a grandmother now," Bianca says crossing her arms.

"Well we figured Step-grandma Bianca would be too long," Joey says shrugging.

"Well regardless, this is great news!" Tre exclaims, "When did you find out?"

"Last night." Ramona says nervously.

"This is pretty funny." Bianca says after coffee is served, "All of Green Day are becoming grandparents in the same year."

"So nine months, you'll be due around May," Josh says after a moment of thought.

"One year anniversary present." Frankie laughs.

"Does Billie Joe know?" Tre asks after a second.

"Not yet," Tre grabs his cell phone giddily.

"We want to tell them in person," Joey says trying to stop Tre from making the call.

Tre fends off his son-in-law with one hand while putting the phone to his ear.

"Hi Adrienne," He says running away, "Why don't you and Billie come join us for coffee?" Joey stops trying to chase after Tre at this point, "We're at our children's house."

He hangs up the phone and turns to Joey. "THEY'RE COMING!"

"Very amusing scene just there," Frankie says laughing, "If only I had my camera."

In a matter of half an hour Adrienne and Billie Joe find themselves on the front steps of their son's household. They ring the bell to find Frankie answering the door.

"Hey," He says letting them in. They head into the dining room to find Ramona and Joey serving coffee.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Billie asks of Tre. "Is this a prank?" he spins around quickly.

"No Dad," Joey says laughing, "We got news." At those words Adrienne lights up, she knew exactly what the news was.

"I'm pregnant!" Ramona says happily.

Billie Joe goes to hug his daughter-in-law and Adie goes to hug her son. "I knew you could do it," She whispers in his ear.

"Ew, Mom!" Adie just laughs as she goes to hug Ramona.

"You're going to be a good father," Billie says patting his son's back.