‹ Prequel: So Close Yet So Far

Meant to be

Plans

Adrienne picks up the phone and dials her youngest son's phone number. The phone rings a few times before he picks up.
"Hello?"

"Hey Jake."

"Mom," He says slowly, "How are you?"

"I'm good, everything's good, how about you and Stella?"

"Fine," He says carefully, "So what's up?"

"I wanted to know if you and Stella were coming up state for Christmas."

"Oh yeah, that's next week," He groans as he runs his hand through his hair.

"Yeah, we're coming."

"Okay great, now I just have to call your brother."

"Alright, see ya next week."

"Bye."

She hangs up the phone and dials the next number.

"Hello?" Ramona says through the phone.

"Hi Ramona," Adie says excitedly, she's been wanting to talk to her daughter-in-law for a while now. "How have you been?"

"Great! I got another ultrasound picture of the baby."

"That's great. You'll have to email me a copy."

"Sure."

"So I was just wondering if you and Joey were coming home for Christmas?"

"Yup, I booked the flights this morning, we'll be there on Saturday, I was just about to call you actually."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I just talked to Anastasia and we're planning a baby shower for Stella, maybe a few days after Christmas."

"That sounds great."

"Yeah, it'll be at Ana's house and well she said she'd call a caterer and right after calling you I was going to call up everyone on the guest list."

"Excellent! I'll call Ana." Adie says excitedly, "Oh I still can't believe I'm going to be a grandma, twice! In the same year!"

"Yeah," Ramona chuckles.

"Oh did you get any news about Franky?" Adie asks.

"Not really, he said that he still had to tell Ana-Lynne's parents."

"Still didn't tell them!" Adie exclaims.

"They said they were thinking about getting married in June."

"Oh that's great."