‹ Prequel: So Close Yet So Far

Meant to be

Honeymooners

"Maybe we should actually go to the beach, being in Cancun and all," Ramona suggests as she plants small kisses across her husband's chest.

"But you promised me we wouldn't leave the suite," He says in mock disappointment.

"If we don't go back with at least a slight tan our folks will be expecting grandchildren,"

"Oh," He says as he slides his nude self out of bed. "Kiddies."

"Not yet," Ramona mumbles, "Don't feel like popping anything out of me for a
while."

"Well, aren't you on the pill anyway?"

"Yeah, but I didn't publicly announce it to my parents," Joey just laughs as he finds his bathing suit. Ramona ties on her bikini and the two of them head out to the beach.

"We should've honeymooned in Europe," Joey states as he moves his sunglasses from the top of his head to his nose.

"Why's that?"

"Nude beaches," He smirks.

"I've been to a nude beach, its all nasty old people, makes you want to hurl," Ramona giggles as they find a couple of fold out chairs and lie back on them.

"I would've rather not known that," Her husband says chuckling. "Wait? Why were you at a nude beach?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"C'mon tell me and I'll tell you something interesting."

"Remember when I went to France with Emma summer of freshman year?"

"Yeah," He says slowly.

"Well, anyway, we got lost on the way to the beach and ended up at a nude beach.
And, well we are the most perverted girls known to humanity, so we decided to stay."

"So you flaunted yourself to guys who weren't me?" he asks in mock jealousy.

"Of course not!" she exclaims," I was still wearing my bathing suit bottom."

"What?"

"You show your nipples off."

"I'm a guy."

"Oh being sexist," she laughs. She leans over and pecks his lips and he pulls her off her fold out chair onto his. "These are only made for one person."

"Meh," He says, holding her against himself none the less.

"I'm just realizing if we stay like this, one of your man boobies will be tanned and the other won't."

"I don't have man boobies!" he says looking at his chest, he pulls her hand onto one of his pectorals, "Muscle, feel muscle and for muscles they barely even stick out."

"Stop turning me on!" Ramona says laughing, "I'm already an overly-horny person."

"Why did we ever leave the room?" Joey laughs.

"You know," Joey says glancing around, "The only other people on the beach are, hmm, about fifty feet away," Ramona looks around the beach and realizes it's true.

"What are you suggesting?" she asks, looking at him lovingly, he raises his eyebrows and moves so he's holding himself over her, one hand on each side of her body. "Interesting," She laughs as she slings her arms around his neck and pulls him into a passionate kiss. Before they know it their bathing suit bottoms are being lowered and Joey moves himself into his wife. They start heaving against each other right there on the vacant beach.

-meanwhile-

"Hey, Dad, can we talk to you?" Stella asks as she and Jakob join her father and step mother in the living room.

"Yeah sure," He says, muting the TV.

"We have something important to tell you."

"Well it's pretty obvious you're back together," he laughs, "Again," Stella looks at Jakob with pleading eyes.

"We're having a baby."

"Stella, you're pregnant?" Cassie gasps as Mike remains silent.

"I need a cigarette," Mike says clearly, "Cass, where are you hiding them?"

"On top of the fridge," She says as he walks out of the room. Mike had quit smoking but they always kept a pack in the house in case he had a panic attack and needed them to calm his nerves.

"Is he going to be okay?" Stella asks quietly.

"Uh, well maybe you should leave for a while," Cassie says worriedly, "I'll call your cell phone later, and tell you how he's doing."

"Okay," Stella says as she and Jakob leave. Cassie goes out onto the back porch where Mike is taking long drags from his cigarette.

"How could this happen, I raised her right, didn't I?" Mike says, then takes another drag.

"Yes, you did," Cassie says nodding.

"But I was always on tour, do you think that's-"

"Mike, it had nothing to do with that, she'd still be having sex no matter what your job was."

"Don't say that."

"Say what?"

"Sex, Stella and sex never should be used in the same sentence."

"Well, it has to be used," She says fiddling with the lighter, "You think my parents were happy when Corey got me pregnant? Hell no, my dad flipped out, I was Stella's age."

"But-," Mike stops himself, concluding he had no argument. "What about Jakob! I seriously doubt he'll be able to take proper care of my daughter and this, this kid!"

"What about Billie and Tre, how old were they when Joey and Ramona were born? Must have been about the same age?"

"Yeah but they weren't in college!"

"You do realize how stupid this sounds," Cassie says putting down the lighter.

"I'm calling Billie," He says under his breath, he heads inside.

"Stay out of the house with that damn cigarette!" Cassie practically yells, Mike stops dead in his tracks and looks at his wife pleadingly. "I'll get you the phone."

"Thanks," Mike says, going back to leaning on the railing with his precious death stick. Cassie returns moments later with the cordless phone.

"Thank you," Mike says slightly embarrassed. She kisses his cheek before heading back into the house.

*

"Part two of telling my parents," Stella mumbles as they pull up in front of her mom's house.

"Well, part one went okay, I still have my nuts," Jakob says as he links arms with the mother of his child and they go up to the door.

"Back together again?" Anastasia laughs. "So, what brings you two here?"

"Well we have an announcement to make," Jakob says looking over at Stella.

"I'm pregnant."

"Haha, tell Billie he's not going to get me this time," She laughs.

"Mom, I'm serious," She stares into her mother's eyes.

"Shit," She says under her breath, "Well, what's going to happen now?" Jakob clears his throat.

"Well, we're going to stay in Los Angeles; because both our jobs are there, going to move into a flat together," He recites. They had worked everything out the day before.

"Wait, aren't you still going to be in college?"

"Yeah, my job is TV editing so it's flexible hours, so I'll still be taking my main courses."

"Does your father know?"

"We just told him," Stella says quietly.

"And?"

"He just left to smoke a cigarette."

*

"Hey, you never told me that something interesting," Ramona says as she and Joey just lie in the sun.

"Uhh," he laughs, "My life is boring," She slaps him playfully, "Uhh...Oh! Jakob slept with Stella the night of our bachelor/bachelorette parties."

"Holy shit! They did?" Ramona laughs.

"Yup, he told me right before the ceremony."

"What, so he's like good luck Joey, and by the way I slept with the maid of honor?"

"No, I asked him where he disappeared to and he made up some crap lie about fresh air and I might've threatened him in order to get such information."

"There must be some sort of magnetic force between them if they keep going back to each other," Ramona says wrapping her arms around Joey.

*
"You know, Cassie, I'm too young to be a grandfather," Mike states. "I'm not even fifty yet."

"Well, I'm too young to be a step grandmother."

"Ever hear of sugar daddies? Step-grandmothers could be as young as twenty-five."

"That's sick," Cassie mumbles, "Don't make me think of old guy sex."

"So, you won't have sex with me when I'm old?" Mike whines.

"You'll never be old," She laughs as she puts her lips against his. "You never left teenager."

"But teenage grandfather sounds nasty."

"Then don't say it unless you're deliberately trying to be a turn off."

"Argh sick!" Travis says, entering the house, girlfriend in tow, "Keep it in the bedroom."

"Hi kids," Cassie says, ignoring her son's comments. His new, and first, girlfriend Lainey waves shyly.

"What were you talking about grandfather?" Travis asks, furrowing his eyebrows. Mike let's out an exasperated sigh.

"Your sister's pregnant."

"Who's the father?" he asks confused.

"One, Jakob Danger Armstrong."

"Oh, God." he says walking out of the living room with his girlfriend's hand in his.

"What's the deal with this Jakob guy?" Lainey asks as she strokes her boyfriend's hair as they slump on his bed.

"They were high school sweet hearts but they were always breaking up and getting back together."

"Oh, well you're going to be an uncle, isn't that good news?" she says calmly.

"My sister is twenty-two!"

"That's sort of young."

"Jakob's only twenty-one."

"Oh, younger guy," She says resting her head on his chest.