I Get It, I'm Fat! Now Leave Me Alone!

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Roses for an Apology?

The bell rang loudly for lunch. My stomach was growling in science. Stupid Vicky, took that as an advantage to make fun of me. I groaned, ignoring the comments being whipped at. I walked into the cafeteria, grabbing my lunch and taking a seat. Further away from the middle. In the back near the window and the exit route, that led to the courtyard. I ate, quietly feeling several eyes burned into my back. A plate of pasta watched me, in a taunt. I hesitated before putting another spoonful into my mouth. I felt worried that if my cravings got to me so would the weight. I sometimes hated that I ended up like those girls, who always obessed with their looks. I was a total opposite. My mom told me that people who make fun of others end up in a worser state when their older. She said that there are such things as karma. I believed, her. Believing and dreaming was the only thing I could do. That I felt no hope that would come along. I'd pray until that miraculous day. Hoping that some kind of mercy would be shown. I went to therapy. Well use to. I had ... sucidal problems. Cutting myself, going on dangerous diets, trying to hang myself in every possible way. Eventually I was ended up tied down to a chair. Mom had to stop working for quite sometime. That happened years ago, when I was really obese. It was in middle school, when I was not mature enough to handle the peer pressure and bullying. As years went along, I grew onto the teasing and the comments. Like moss on a tree. But, sometimes I wished they would come off. That I didn't want this permanent attachment. So I decided, that being in Cornwall would do no help, that my state could probably worsen. Visiting grams was the only hope I had. And it was one of the best idea's that turned out successful.

"This seat taken?" asked the male. Cutting my thoughts short. I clenched my teeth, aggitated.
"No, but it will be" I said not looking up.
"Fine by me" he sat down across from were I was. I finally got the nerve to look up and see the cosy Dan get comfortable.
"Don't you have anything better to do Dan?" I hissed.
"Why no"
"Go like sit with Vicky or Pierson"
"Nah, they aren't like you" I stopped chewing and looked at him. He smiled, a mind blowing smile. His blonde hair made into a perfect buzz cut was lustress and soft looking. He watched me intently, through his hazel pupils. Making it intimidating, as it began to scour my expression.
"Really? So who dared you? So what are you betting against?" I wiped my mouth and gave him a stern look.
"What?" his brows scrunched together, studying my face.

I laughed, a sarcastic laugh.

"I meant how much are you bidding against? I mean how far are you going to go?" I asked, in a sort of plead.
"What are you talking about? No one dared me to do this. And I'm not gambling any money, if that's what your thinking"
"Then why are you, intentionally following me?" I questioned.
"Well, I'm new here and I know no one here"
"Then find people. People, except for me"
"And if I don't"
"Shut up and leave. Don't push it" I looked down at my food.
"No, I won't. I came here to engage a friendly conversation"
"Well your not going to get any friendly talk from me" I spat.
"I will someday" I snorted at the remark.
"Get a life Evans"
"I have one. Thank you very much"
I got up and threw away my garbage and walked towards the doors.
Footsteps were ringing clearly, like someone was following me.

"Leave me alone! Will you!" I turned around and saw him taken back.
"What's bothering you so much?" he asked. I flinched, what was bothering me. Fuck, why am I so irratated for? UGH.
"You are damnit!" I yelled.
"Fine, I'll leave you alone. But, just remember Patricia, it won't be so long. I will be back" he smirked. CREEPER?!
"How the hell do you know my name?"
"I have my ways" he winked and walked off. I growled, at his reaction. Ass.

Last period went off, calm and relaxed.
3:00 came by as the bell rang and students ran out. I took my time and went to my locker collecting my textbooks. I walked over to my car. I sat inside and huffed a sigh. Feeling guilty. My stomach twisted, feeling horrible. I revved the engine and drove home.

...

I got home around 3:20. Mom was home in the study while dad was at work. Overtime.
"I'm home mom!" I hollered. She came out, looking tired. Exhaustion, was clearly shown on her grave face.
"Hey, Pat. How was school?" she asked, walking over to couch.
"Good" I lied.
"Alright, well you got a special delivery" she smiled, my heart dropped.
"Really? Who from?"
"This lovely boy who stopped by at lunch" she said.
"Oh"
"He is something special. What a charm, that boy has" she put her hand to her heart and let out a huff.
"Whatever"
"It's in your room" she gestured. I nodded slightly.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. I found a bouquet of white roses. My favourite. My heart fluttered, smelling his cologne that was adhered onto the note.
In perfect script read ;

"Sorry, for the hassle I've caused earlier. But, just remember I won't let you off easily
- Daniel Evans"

I groaned. What a loser. He needs a girlfriend! God, were is Vicky when I need her. I went down again. With loud stomps. My face lit a angry red. My mom looked clueless.

"Mom, why'd you let him in?" I demanded.
"Sweetheart, he knocked" she joked.
"I'm not joking!"
"Pat, he seems like a nice guy"
"Seems"
"Why don't you face the truth that someone is maybe--"
"No, I will certainly not let that happen" I interupted.
"And why not? Patricia I can tell really well you like this guy, and he does too"
"Hell no! He's just doing the flirting crap, like any other jerk would do"
"Pat, just face it"
"I won't mom" tears welled up, throat felt closing up.
"He likes you Pat. There is hope, doll" she rubbed my back.
"No, h-he's just pitying me" I sobbed.
"How would you know for sure?"
"Mom, what guy in this century like obese girls?"
She looked torn. Knowing that I was right, she looked hopeless.
She sighed.
"I want you to be happy. Don't you?"
"Don't we all. It's just I don't to feel used"
"You won't. I have good feeling about him" she smiled.
"I'm sorry, but I just don't" and with that I walked away. Not wanting to start a conflict with my mother.

Oh, Daniel! You've turned my own mother against me! Ugh!
I felt that my life was going to be a living hell because of him. I couldn't fall asleep that night.

His face, ran wildly in my head.
_______________________________________________________________________
♠ ♠ ♠
tehe, comments plz? I'll give you guys virtual cookiess xD